• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear: Survive is more fun than I expected

Is the new Metal Gear geared towards the female player now? Will they be ashamed of their words and deeds?

Metal-Gear-Survive-at-TGS-2017-10.jpg

Metal-Gear-Survive-at-TGS-2017-7.jpg

DKTkoQSVAAAiIvL.jpg

Metal-Gear-Survive-at-TGS-2017-3.jpg

What story? Mujahadeen? Something something "make them pay"? Something something 'Skullface' something?

I think you are projecting your own story on what MGSV's plot is based on your familiarity with the MGS lore. Ask a less hardcore MGS player about MGSV and it is be nonsense. Also, if you want to talk about pacing, MGSV story literally was told through tapes.

The entire 'drama' of the fallout of Skullface vs Zero was literally told through tapes. That's your 'good' pacing right there.
Tapes and I think it's something like 3 or 3.5 hours of cutscenes hhhh.

Now, I'm still not disagreeing with you per se because your last paragraph highlights the difference between story and 'story.' MGS V tells stories through its few hours of cutscenes, but it's critical 'story' is indeed delegated too often to tapes.

But to be fair, the game has something like 2 hours of cutscenes just on Mother Base alone, last time I added it up. Throw in the few missions that have major cutscene length and it must be at least 3 hours, maybe 3.5 hours.

It's just a large portion of those cutscenes feel more like Bloomberg news updates 'live from Mother Base' on the various comings and goings of the vengeful PMC life rather than a continuous, focused arc a la scenes in any other MGS.

Top Bottom