• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio Releases on October 11 | Pre Orders now open

Draugoth

Gold Member

Metaphor: ReFantazio Releases on October 11th​

GLzXOEHawAQ800C

Standard Edition:

GLzXPpqaoAAUXZ_

Release Date Announced!
Atlus' Major New Fantasy RPG
Metaphor: Refantaggio
Released on Friday, October 11, 2024!

Director Katsura Hashino will introduce the game to everyone around the world.
Director Katsura Hashino is now broadcasting a special program introducing this title along with play footage.

Last edited:

mystech

I might wait to play this on Switch 2 just for the portable convenience. Looks great though! The Japanese studios have kept their heart despite the rest of the industry.

Rambone

I don't think I will be doing anymore collecting of physical editions but I sure as hell will be pre-ordering the biggest dick edition of the game available on Steam. Can't wait to play this game!

StereoVsn

Have this in mind before getting the North American CE...

Kwfeo2D.png
This is just dumb. It’s line $150 and they can’t have a physical art book, cloth map and a steel book ? Somehow companies used to include a nice manual and a cloth map by default with regular versions :(.

Thank you for bringing this up, didn’t think Atlus was that greedy. Forget it, I will grab a regular PS5 version.

Skelterz

This is just dumb. It’s line $150 and they can’t have a physical art book, cloth map and a steel book ? Somehow companies used to include a nice manual and a cloth map by default with regular versions :(.

Thank you for bringing this up, didn’t think Atlus was that greedy. Forget it, I will grab a regular PS5 version.
Usually uk gets the Asia specific special editions instead of the American SE so I’m
Curious to see which one we get in England. Wish it was available now tbh I’d pre-order it right away!

Skelterz

Both kind of suck though :(.
I like the idea of the 35th anniversary persona stuff being bundled in I could see that become quite a valuable item if physical to be honest not to mention the soundtrack will be great. As for the game itself I‘ve been interested in it since the first trailer you just know this is going to be a great game so I don’t mind paying the dosh for a lovely collection.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I get feeling its gonna take forever to be available for pr-order in Canada.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I like the idea of the 35th anniversary persona stuff being bundled in I could see that become quite a valuable item if physical to be honest not to mention the soundtrack will be great. As for the game itself I‘ve been interested in it since the first trailer you just know this is going to be a great game so I don’t mind paying the dosh for a lovely collection.
Yeah, maybe I will get one off Play Asia or Amazon.jp I guess.

They're a good video game retailer lol. I'm from Europe and I've ordered like 5 times from them in the past year or so as they also ship internationally and everything went smooth.

I also like that the CAD is weaker vs the euro so I'm getting more bang for the buck from them even when adjusting for VAT. I can get some games like 20-30% cheaper than on Amazon ES, FR, etc. :p

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They're a good video game retailer lol. I'm from Europe and I've ordered like 5 times from them in the past year or so as they also ship internationally and everything went smooth.
WHY THE FUCK ATLUS KEEP DOING THIS LATELY!!? Just make it available to all retailers.

This is Square’s SE store exclusive bullshit all over again!
6tFpeG.gif

WHY THE FUCK ATLUS KEEP DOING THIS LATELY!!? Just make it available to all retailers.

This is Square’s SE store exclusive bullshit all over again!
6tFpeG.gif
If you follow them, you'd know that they have a very, very good relationship with Atlus. So, I'm really not that surprised that they were picked as the exclusive retailer to carry the Metaphor CE in Canada.

That aside, I do understand your point about the CE not being offered through other retailers, as more often than not exclusivity for physical items sucks as it leads to less availability & higher prices...

Last edited:
Is it really!? If that’s true then I won’t feel bad about just getting regular edition because digital only art book is not worth $200 CAD.
There's a physical artbook included in the CE but it's for the game only. That special Atlus 35th anniversary history artbook is digital though, and I think only Japan gets it in physical format.

Edit: This is the JP version. Doesn't come with a Steelbook case though and neither a cloth map, however, both the Atlus History Book and the All-time OST are physical with this limited edition CE.

metaphor-refantazio-atlus-brand-35th-anniversary-edition-limit-800571.8.jpg

Last edited:
I might wait to play this on Switch 2 just for the portable convenience. Looks great though! The Japanese studios have kept their heart despite the rest of the industry.
Midori (known SEGA/Atlus leaker) said that it will be ported on the Switch 2, and by the time that happens, it will probably come bundled with all the DLCs. So if you can wait, you'll come out ahead. :)

Last edited:

LordCBH

Series X CE is up for preorder on Amazon now. Showing a delivery date of 10/14 though instead of 10/11. Hopefully they fix that. XSX launch edition and both PS5 versions still showing unavailable. Went ahead and preordered the XSX CE just in case some fuckery happens when the PS5 one goes up so I’ll at least have it lol

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I think that the PS4 physical version is only available in Japan and Asia

GiAeB60.png

I wish they would stop doing this. Weird decision after they printed Tactica, which probably sold about 7 copies.

Top Bottom