• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Redux: Uncovered - A look at Redux

Damn 2033 looks good. I was only going to get Last Light cause I hated the way 2033 played but maybe I like it this time around.

Decisions, decisions.

GavinUK86

Opening scene comparison

004_by_gavinuk86-d7uqhyj.gif

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Damn 2033 looks good. I was only going to get Last Light cause I hated the way 2033 played but maybe I like it this time around.

Decisions, decisions.

With the improvements they've made to Metro 2033 and if you liked Last Light there is no reason to not pick up 2033 redux

Kezen

Banned
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/gamescom-2014-metro-redux-gameworks

The PC versions of Redux games will be a notch above their PS4/XBO counterparts :
On PC, the collective Metro Redux package benefits from higher-resolution textures, higher-quality effects, greater levels of PnP tessellation, support for 4K resolutions, and most significantly, re-tooled NVIDIA GPU-accelerated PhysX effects built using PhysX 3.x, the latest version of the critically acclaimed physics software.

Excellent. Glad they've not gimped the PC versions to PS4 level.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
11 days to release.

Gunna be an OT?

Kind of pumped for this. Especially going through grounded mode on TLoU right now.

mekes

Little bit confused, but in the retail version you do get both games right?

ShopTo (UK) has a pre-order for £30 odd.

bidguy

Banned
i really hope i wont regret my purchase

2033 was so fucking ugly and janky that i had to stop playing after a few hours

this seems to fix these issues

Kezen

Banned
i really hope i wont regret my purchase

2033 was so fucking ugly and janky that i had to stop playing after a few hours

this seems to fix these issues

It looked great on PC and 360. Not overly polished I'll give you that but technically it was a very accomplished game.

God, this looks great. Night and day difference.

And since I went with PS3 last gen, I missed out on 2033.

Fuck the haters - I am LOVING these remastered / collections. Got a platinum in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Going for a platinum in TLoU Remastered. And will definitely go for it in Metro Redux.

So pumped.

God, this looks great. Night and day difference.

And since I went with PS3 last gen, I missed out on 2033.

Fuck the haters - I am LOVING these remastered / collections. Got a platinum in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Going for a platinum in TLoU Remastered. And will definitely go for it in Metro Redux.

So pumped.

Still have nightmares about those MP trophies.

Kezen

Banned
That's good because the smoke in last light was vastly inferior to 2033 on PC.

Unfortunately that's unlikely to change. The actual Physx effects will stay the same, they should run a bit better now.
I'm surprised about the better textures though..I was expecting the PS4/Xbox One Redux to feature the same texture quality as the PC's maximum settings.

To me the best news is the higher tessellation present on PC, possibly even higher than Last Light at max settings.

Deadbeat

Banned
Unfortunately that's unlikely to change. The actual Physx effects will stay the same, they should run a bit better now.
I'm surprised about the better textures though..I was expecting the PS4/Xbox One Redux to feature the same quality texture as the PC's maximum settings.

To me the best news is the higher tessellation present on PC, possibly even higher than Last Light at max settings.
I really want that old smoke back. When you got to the missile silo and were shooting with nightvision on it was insane.

Kezen

Banned
I really want that old smoke back. When you got to the missile silo and were shooting with nightvision on it was insane.

I see what you mean. It's a shame that 4A Games had to make such changes, but Metro Redux at maximum PC settings should be absolutely stunning.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's a shame that Deep Silver chose such a terrible release date (sandwiched between Destiny and Diablo 3) because my hope is that this sells well.

I'm still immensely impressed with 4A and Deep Silver for deciding to bundle both games into a single retail purchase and not gouge consumers. Respect.

Also, wtf BruceLeeRoy got banned?!

Top Bottom