• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Ashler

Yeah, i'm all in too, even though i'm pretty much set!

metroidCC_zpse57ad05b.jpg

Apologies for the stupid question, but where do I put that save file once I've downloaded it?

1. Rename downloaded save to "data.bin"

2. Paste the save into this folder on the SD Card (create these folders if you don't have them)
private/wii/title/r3me ["r3me" is for the NTSC version, not sure what the game ID is for other regions]

3. On the Wii U, transfer from the SD Card to the Wii memory

Sucks about the friend vouchers but this is pretty smart.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Great OT! Glad I could contribute with at least something for the title. I already have a physical copy of Trilogy, but I'm one of those completely sane people who is double-dipping.

Thanks for the Friend Voucher save tip, too. I'll make sure to use it once I get the games.

PS: Can I play this with a combination of the Balance Board, the NES Power Glove and a prototype Wii Vitality Sensor? No? Damn, Nintendo. You totally dropped the ball here.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, that EGM review is pretty over the top. There's no way MP's combat is on the same level as Halo's. I specifically remember thinking how dull it felt in comparison on my first playthrough. Thankfully the exploration is top notch, and that's what really matters in Metroid.

Haha, that EGM review is pretty over the top. There's no way MP's combat is on the same level as Halo's. I specifically remember thinking how dull it felt in comparison on my first playthrough. Thankfully the exploration is top notch, and that's what really matters in Metroid.

I think they were just comparing the strategic aspects in the combat mechanics. And in that case, yes, they're similar. It feels entirely different, yes, but both games have that puzzle combat shit going on.

seady

I wish FPS these days actually require you to use skills to think where to shoot. Metroid Prime is a great example of how it should be done.

I've been counting down the days since the Direct. I'll be getting this as soon as the eShop updates, I just hope I don't have to delete too much stuff from the fridge. This might be the best gaming buy anyone offers all year.

LGom09

Wasn't Super Metroid 30 cents when it was first released on Wii U VC? $10.30 for Prime Trilogy and Super Metroid is STUPID.

nkarafo

Amazing trilogy.

But i have some questions about the graphical differences between the original MP1 and the trilogy version. I remember that in the trilogy version they removed the awesome magnifying glass effect of the scan visor. How is the WiiU version?

Are there any other differences?

How about MP2 and 3, any differences on those?

Wasn't Super Metroid 30 cents when it was first released on Wii U VC? $10.30 for Prime Trilogy and Super Metroid is STUPID.

Yep. Now all Nintendo needs to do is announce a Wii U Prime successor at E3 and the system will have totally justified my launch purchase.

Also, they should get a move on and bring Zero Mission over to the Western Virtual Console, it came out in Japan last year.

Jinto

I just tried the disc on my Wii U to see if I could get it work in Widescreen. After fiddling around with the Wii U settings, I managed to do so,. Unfortunately, it doesn't look very good on an HDTV. It's the first time I've tried a Wii game on the Wii U. Still gonna buy this though.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Great trilogy, every Wii U owner needs to buy this and I think it's high time we got a Wii U installment from Retro Studios.

I'm finally going to be experiencing these games for the first time. Even though I've bought them multiple times in the past, I just never got around to playing them (I even have the steel book, never even opened it). I hear they're pretty decent eh?

I don't have a Wii U, but I'm tempted to grab this from the website while it's at $10. Even if I never end up getting a Wii U, it'd be nice to show some support for the Metroid Prime series anyway.

Dryk

Recording to log book
"Data received" has been my text tone for like... 5 years. Every time I think of changing it I just think "Why? It's perfect the way it is" (even though I initially wanted recording to log book but I could find a good wav)

I have all 3 games individually... finished 1 & 2 several times but lost interest in 3 about 75% of the way through. Not enough storage space on my Wii U so i'd need to buy yet another hard drive for my house before i could play it. Just had a baby so no time. But, $13AU. With a Nintendo card i bought at 20% off, so $10.60. Decisions :(

Enk

makes good threads.
It's going to be hard going back to these now that they're mostly working very well in Oculus, but still the $9.99 tag is a steal for these games.

Shengar

Is it made of leather?
100% made of
digital
leather
The fact that you are even still considering it is a crime. That money MUST be spent on Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's what your money wants. It's what your subconcious desire.

Just...buy it.

I'm kinda surprised when I see $10 in my account and I can't remember why I still have it in the first place lol
I've heard great things about Metroid Prime trilogy, so perhaps this mystery leftover money would be put into good use at last.

javac

Never played these in the past, and after reading the OP in regards to the second game I'm pretty sure I'll never finish it. I'll probably buy it anyways due to the price.

What an OP. Thank you.

Buy this game, people! I have my $10 eShop card from SmokeMaxX in the BST thread, will hopefully buy tonight. I already have the first two games on GC, Corruption and the compilation on Wii, now going to pick up the download. It works out to below £7 in UK money, so a total bargain.

Buy this, people! It is worth it for the first one alone. Three in one package though, my word.

Thanks again, OP.

Wow, I can't believe they completely cut out the standard gamepad controls for MP1&2, that actually makes me less hyped for this.

Perhaps I just need to get used to Wiimote and Nunchuck (or perhaps they at least have a classic control method, but using the nunchuck stick?), but I was playing Goldeneye last week as a Wiimote and Nunchuck newb, and it was really clumsy, I had a hard time getting used to it, or being percise.

I'm buying it either way, I need to play MP3, but that's a bummer.

jimi_dini

I think this is the singular game I am most proud of owning, and I am soooo happy that it'll finally be available to people who missed out. What an absolute steal. Truly.

first post delivers

I totally agree

Was a day 1 purchase for me back then.

I have $10.47 in my NNID wallet. Should I bite it?

Why do you even ask. Those are 3 of the best games ever featuring the best controls ever.

Never played these in the past, and after reading the OP in regards to the second game I'm pretty sure I'll never finish it. I'll probably buy it anyways due to the price.

Prime 1 and 3 together will still give you 25+ hours of AAA A++ 9.5+/10 gameplay by themselves. For $10, definitely bite.

Tarps

Great OT, I have physical but I'm totally double dipping on this one.

I've finished 1 & 3 but always been intimidated by 2. Maybe now I can give it a whirl!

Soodanim

I can't believe that these games are being sold for that price. Nintendo don't do prices this good! Let's compare the £9 to the £60 I paid on eBay for the disc release some time last year. Of which I've only finished 1 and part of 2. £60 isn't a bad price for 3 games, so £9 is amazingly good and completely out of character for Nintendo.

I also paid somewhere between £20 and £30 for Donkey Kong and Galaxy 2, but that isn't as big a difference. I'm just telling myself at least I have them all on disc to rip and have in Dolphin forever.

Top Bottom