• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes achievements LEAKED! (SPOILER ALERT)

Just watched the trailer. Not just a skin if you can play as raiden with his ninja abilities. I see this being another Soul Caliber IV-type fiasco

The trailer for the PS4 exclusive mission seems to just show the classic Snake skin, but the MGSV official site suggests there's a lot more. The guards are dressed up as Genome soldiers, the chopper's painted like the Hind D, and the text even mentions 'characters and camera angles' from MGS1.
bf_pic04.jpg

It sounds more like the opening of MGS1 remade in the Fox Engine, probably using GZ's assets.

duckroll

There is no confirmation that GZ will be in PP if thats what you're implying. Metal Gear Online will be included tho.

I'll be kinda surprised if it isn't included in some form (either on the disc or as a pre-order bonus), but even if it isn't, by the time the full game is out, odds are you can get GZ for dirt cheap either via sales on the digital store, or the PS4 retail disc.

Konami made all the Rising DLC on PSN/XBL free before launching the PC version. So that's how much they care about retaining value for stuff like this.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, this puts a lot of stuff to rest. I'll wait for Phantom Pain. I like to eat the whole steak not just one bite for nearly the same price, Konami.

Yeah, I'll play GZ for as cheap as possible and probably digitally much, much closer to PPs release. If it's really integral to the story, it'll be bundled with PP, anyway.

RE: DLC/bonus content. If you've not played Peace Walker it might seem a bit odd, but think of Ground Zeroes the location as kinda like a template. You'll have the main Ground Zeroes story mission, scripted and set the way KojiPro intended. And then you'll have the side missions, which are activated separately and use the Ground Zeroes template with alteration for the new objective. Stuff like a different time of day, weather effects, enemy types, location, and patrols, available equipment, etc.

The DLC/bonus stuff is that. You have a new skin to play as, Classic Snake or Raiden, and the Ground Zeroes location is rejigged with new mission design and parameters.

Exactly.

Still super lame at the price though.

Grief.exe

I'll be kinda surprised if it isn't included in some form (either on the disc or as a pre-order bonus), but even if it isn't, by the time the full game is out, odds are you can get GZ for dirt cheap either via sales on the digital store, or the PS4 retail disc.

Konami made all the Rising DLC on PSN/XBL free before launching the PC version. So that's how much they care about retaining value for stuff like this.

I did not know this, that is pretty cool.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hate to be the guy who bought the Rising dlc the day before it went free/was announced it would be free. I would be like "Fuck!"

Gotta Kickstart the rest of MGSV! Game isn't going to pay for itself. Konami has no other hits anyway so they gotta triple dip on the only international success they have left. Loooool.
The sad thing is it's true. I really liked MGS 4, but I will wait for Phantom Pain. Not feeling Ground Zeroes at all.

Yeah, this puts a lot of stuff to rest. I'll wait for Phantom Pain. I like to eat the whole steak not just one bite for nearly the same price, Konami.

I'll be doing the same. The only exception being a price cut on it. Which i'm sure will happen around the time Phantom Pain comes out. Whenever the hell that even is.

Fjordson

I still don't know about this whole separate prologue thing, but I probably won't be able to resist. Just hope Phantom Pain isn't too far behind it.

Roto13

I can't believe Ground Zeroes is only as long as the Virtuous Mission from Snake Eater! Because it definitely is because I've played it already!

Arsenic

The trailer for the PS4 exclusive mission seems to just show the classic Snake skin, but the MGSV official site suggests there's a lot more. The guards are dressed up as Genome soldiers, the chopper's painted like the Hind D, and the text even mentions 'characters and camera angles' from MGS1.
bf_pic04.jpg

It sounds more like the opening of MGS1 remade in the Fox Engine, probably using GZ's assets.

See, this looks awesome and something that I would love to play. So i'm torn.

I don't want this generation to head towards that platform-exclusive DLC non-sense . It's just bad for gamers overall. Much worse than charging $40 for a demo...

Dysun

This should plummet in price used if the concerns over length pan out. Might just wait it out now that next-gen is getting a physical release

Sub_Level

Laughter beyond anything to which the name laughter is given.

Why not be excited for the story? Phantom Pain should be the moment where Big Boss finally starts acting like Big Boss, the main antagonist of the early series, and not just another Snake. No just cause, only revenge. Portable Ops and Peace Walker did very little to transition the patriot of Snake Eater to the warlord of Metal Gear, other than PO's Gene possibly giving BB inspiration for Outer Heaven and that little snippet at the end of PW of BB finally coming to terms with being called BB and renouncing The Boss's actions. At the end of MGS4, BB compares his efforts to break free to those of Liquid and Solidus. The prospect of playing a character who is thematically similar to those two is exciting.

I still don't know about this whole separate prologue thing, but I probably won't be able to resist. Just hope Phantom Pain isn't too far behind it.

I'm thinking March 2015 for Phantom Pain :( it hurts I'm sorry.

OneUh8

I am just not sure about this game quit yet. I am probably going to hold off pre-ordering, unless I will be missing out on a bunch of content. I am betting on people trading it in and snagging it for cheap. Think I am going to wait on this one, even though I really want to play it.

Fjordson

Why not be excited for the story? Phantom Pain should be the moment where Big Boss finally starts acting like Big Boss, the main antagonist of the early series, and not just another Snake. No just cause, only revenge. Portable Ops and Peace Walker did very little to transition the patriot of Snake Eater to the warlord of Metal Gear, other than PO's Gene possibly giving BB inspiration for Outer Heaven and that little snippet at the end of PW of BB finally coming to terms with being called BB and renouncing The Boss's actions. At the end of MGS4, BB compares his efforts to break free to those of Liquid and Solidus. The prospect of playing a character who is thematically similar to those two is exciting.
Agreed. I absolutely love the MGS universe.

Personally don't care that it's ridiculous and over the top. All part of the charm for me.

Batzi

Banned
No way am I going to get this. It's just a demo...... For 40 bucks.

I am just not sure about this game quit yet. I am probably going to hold off pre-ordering, unless I will be missing out on a bunch of content. I am betting on people trading it in and snagging it for cheap. Think I am going to wait on this one, even though I really want to play it.
That's a major part of the story. You can't just skip an episode of a series and wonder what happens later on in the story.

It is NOT a demo. We still DO NOT KNOW the LENGTH of any of the missions. We have absolutely no clue whatsoever what Kojima cooked for us in this one. Stop pretending you KNOW because simply you DON'T.

Kojima said on numerous occasions that storytelling in MGSV will be different from previous installments in the series. Do we know what he means by that? NO.

Also 1100g?
Is there some add on mission DLC or something, I thought all Xbox games had to be 1000g?

It's 1000g not 1100. The third picture has two overlapped achievements from the second. I can't wait to play this game(especially the full Phantom Pain) but I might way to see how much content is truly there before I drop $30/$40. Maybe wait for a sale since Titanfall releases around the same time.

duckroll

It is NOT a demo.

You sure sound confident about this considering how you also say that...

We still DO NOT KNOW the LENGTH of any of the missions. We have absolutely no clue whatsoever what Kojima cooked for us in this one. Stop pretending you KNOW because simply you DON'T.

Kojima said on numerous occasions that storytelling in MGSV will be different from previous installments in the series. Do we know what he means by that? NO.

Lolololol.

HEY GUYS WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, BUT I KNOW THAT IT'S NOT A DEMO! STOP SAYING THAT! YOU DON'T KNOW! NO ONE KNOWS! BUT I KNOW!

Looooooooooooooooooooool.

Are you gunning for a job at Konami's PR department?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Haven't seen the trailer for Deja Vu. I saw the one with Raiden though. Really wish this console exclusive content stuff was over.

I have a feeling these missions are going to wind up as DLC on the opposing platforms at a later date. Paid, of course.

kmax

Never really liked the idea of splitting up the game like this and charging premium for what's expected to be a relatively short and limited experience.

I just see no reason why not to just wait until TPP come out and buy the complete package (enjoying the WHOLE GAME) or get GZ cheap once TPP drops.

Sub_Level

I didn't notice that Deja Vu actually has snippets of the MGS theme in there. That's kind of a big deal. They're still not gonna put the best part of the theme in there due to the copyright stuff, but the dun dun dun dun dun...DUN DUN DUN is there. Good to know they haven't forgotten that. Screw that weird MGS4 theme...

Never really liked the idea of splitting up the game like this and charging premium for what's expected to be a relatively short and limited experience.

I just see no reason why not to just wait until TPP come out and buy the complete package (enjoying the WHOLE GAME) or get GZ cheap once TPP drops.

That's exactly how I feel, I'm really cautious about GZ because of these things you mentioned.

Sub_Level

remember when the mgs2 tanker mission was FREE? those days are surely over.

Remember when you had to buy MGS2 a second time if you wanted boss rush, hundreds of VR Missions, Snake Tales, European Extreme, and Skateboarding?

I do, and it was still an awesome deal and absolutely worth buying twice! No sarcasm.

Spaghetti

we're jumping the gun a little determining the length of this based on achievements

the logic that "one mission = one achievement" is a little spotty, if anything it gives us more indication of the variety of mission types rather than the number

that said

konami haven't done a very good job demonstrating the worth of ground zeroes at all

they need to come out and detail what exactly is in ground zeroes soon, or every day they don't the narrative that ground zeroes is an overpriced demo is only going to strengthen

neptunes

So what exactly carries over to PP in terms of stats? Is it just weapons you collect and soldiers you've recruited?

Gaogaogao

Remember when you had to buy MGS2 a second time if you wanted boss rush, hundreds of VR Missions, Snake Tales, European Extreme, and Skateboarding?

I do, and it was still an awesome deal and absolutely worth buying twice! No sarcasm.

all for the same price as ground zeros

Sub_Level

So what exactly carries over to PP in terms of stats? Is it just weapons you collect and soldiers you've recruited?

There's no soldier recruiting in GZ, and if there was...I mean, your entire base gets destroyed at the end anyways.

The interesting factor here is Chico and Paz. Having a save file where you choose one or the other could affect PP in some way. Maybe not to the severe extend of multiple endings (glad no MGS other than the original has done that), but it may change some things in the game.

Spaghetti

They're still not gonna put the best part of the theme in there due to the copyright stuff
i think the reason for the regular mgs theme disappearing was down more to kojima's embarrassment that tappy's theme was mostly plagiarised, copyright really shouldn't factor into it considering it was by a soviet composer during the cold war and there all kinds of crazy ignoring of copyright on both sides of the war that would still extend to the modern day

but it's been slowly leaking back into mgs, so who knows, maybe we'll actually get a new rendition of it this time around

The interesting factor here is Chico and Paz. Having a save file where you choose one or the other could affect PP in some way. Maybe not to the severe extend of multiple endings (glad no MGS other than the original has done that), but it may change some things in the game.

I don't think there's a choice between Chico & Paz except the order you take them to the copter, it says reunite, not rescue.
There are other prisoners to rescue and I think it was hinted they'd affect TPP in some way.

Top Bottom