• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

UrbanRats

Remember, Metal Gear Solid 3 was only two missions itself. One mission could really mean anything. For all we know this could be like a 10 to 15 hour prologue of what is a 30-50 hour game. :p

Well, what shown so far of that Cuban mission was beyond bland, so i really hope for their sake that there's (much) more to this, than what looked like a tech demo.

Also for a game that is supposed to have a mission select screen and a home base, i doubt it'll keep the MGS3 structure.

HeelPower

Breaking up the game and selling it in pieces..oh well I love mgs and konami is struggling so I'll eat it up like I should xD

bryehn

No retail for XONE/PS4? That's too bad. I might just play it on PS3 then to keep my retail collection "complete".

Cool idea Konami, lets charge nearly half the price of the full game for what appears to be no longer than a demo. Though I am excited for Ground Zeroes, I will wait to see if its worth it first.

mekes

With every new bit of PS4 related gaming news it just seems overly apparent that I will have to upgrade that HDD.

The fact that they're announcing prices like that for something we know so damn little about worries me.

Why not just tell us exactly what we're getting instead of us all thinking it's just this one mission we've seen countless times

Sophia

Well, what shown so far of that Cuban mission was beyond bland, so i really hope for their sake that there's (much) more to this, than what looked like a tech demo.

Also for a game that is supposed to have a mission select screen and a home base, i doubt it'll keep the MGS3 structure.

I'm not saying that it will have the MGS3 structure specifically, merely that Kojima's idea of "one mission" could mean just about anything. I'm sure they didn't show everything present in the Cuban mission.

RK9039

yes, they will hide 50 kero frogs and tell us to find them, did you like the extra stuff? buy pls that would be 30 dollars for the extra 30 frames, oh and no box, pls download this 200 gb file

That makes the price worth it, in fact it should be more expensive. Kero frog locations should also be sold through micro-transactions.

Mr. X

There's never not enough information to begin complaining here.

Only the prices and graphical differences are known. No one knows if the content will be as much as Tanker Chapter, Virtuous Mission, more of either or less of either. No one knows if there's more differences between current gen and next gen version other than appearances, if could have more content just as much it can be exactly the same.

Everyone is ready to assume the worse and be all doom and gloom and looking to be mad or first saying we're getting fucked.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That makes the price worth it, in fact it should be more expensive. Kero frog locations should also be sold through micro-transactions.

Also Kojipro should capitalize on dlc camos. Why make them unlockables or items you can find?

There's never not enough information to begin complaining here.

Only the prices and graphical differences are known. No one knows if the content will be as much as Tanker Chapter, Virtuous Mission, more of either or less of either. No one knows if there's more differences between current gen and next gen version other than appearances, if could have more content just as much it can be exactly the same.

Everyone is ready to assume the worse and be all doom and gloom and looking to be mad or first saying we're getting fucked.

I agree but, sadly, your post will be ignored in favour of more unwarranted bitching.

It's one area, with one story mission as far as we know. But based on the interface they've shown at TGS, it'll also have a bunch of optional missions you can launch which takes place in the same area but at different times of day with different objectives.

Uhhh not sure how I feel about that.

The MGS fan in me won't be able to not play it though. =(

So there will be more than one mission...?

My assumption (based on nothing) is that they'll be a story mode with a couple of hours of cutscenes/gameplay, and then some VR-mission style things on the side to more thoroughly expand on the mechanics.

I think it's really missing an online mode though. The addition of a sequel to Metal Gear Online, even if it only had a couple of maps, would change the perceived value of this completely.

Wagram

I remember Kojima saying that Ground Zeroes is 1/300th the size of Phantom Pain.

Expect a PC Physical Copy and Digital Console prices for $9,000.

Angelcurio

This is expensive, they are charging half the price of a full game for a tutorial mission, and without the option to get a disc based version. Too bad that i'll end up buying it since i'm such a MGS fan.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My assumption (based on nothing) is that they'll be a story mode with a couple of hours of cutscenes/gameplay, and then some VR-mission style things on the side to more thoroughly expand on the mechanics.

I think it's really missing an online mode though. The addition of a sequel to Metal Gear Online, even if it only had a couple of maps, would change the perceived value of this completely.

Oh dear god... I forgot about MGO3. I'm going to have to revive my old stun-only character, I'm No K!ller :)

There will be extra side missions taking place in the same camp. Kind of like PW's Extra Ops.

Awesome. I loved the old VR missions. They really pushed the mechanics to their limits.

UrbanRats

I'm not saying that it will have the MGS3 structure specifically, merely that Kojima's idea of "one mission" could mean just about anything. I'm sure they didn't show everything present in the Cuban mission.

Right, i'm not writing them out, however i'll remain skeptical for now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Remember when the MGS2 demo came free with Zone of the Enders?

2768.OldSnakeSalute.jpg

Wagram

Isn't that the gaming community in a nut shell. Bitch and moan about something but buy it anyways.

I'm not buying it for $30.

Either it comes with Phantom Pain for the $60 retail price or i'll wait 4 years for the Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes combo for $15.

This is a straight up scam pricing model.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
30 pounds? That seems a bit much, I have no idea how long this is going to be I was expecting it to be like a 4 hour intro with maybe 2 hours of gameplay.

This should just show the downfall of mother base and the MSF or something leading into the phantom pain right?

If anything I'm expecting it to be more of a show case for new gameplay in MGSV. But like, really? 30 pounds? I was expecting to pay like 15 or so in USD, but I guess that's not happening :\

AppleMIX

I'm not buying it for $30.

Either it comes with Phantom Pain for the $60 retail price or i'll wait 4 years for the Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes combo for $15.

This is a straight up scam pricing model.

How so? You honestly have no idea of the size/quality of the content that we're getting but have no problem calling out a developer for scamming people.

Have they shown or talked about any next-gen differences?

The TGS gameplay demo was all next-gen footage.

Not too happy with their silly pricing strategy.

Very clever timing, but I will be playing Dark Souls 2, Infamous 3 and Driveclub to care too much!

Don't care if Ground Zeroes is only 2 hours long... will gladly pay $30-$40 to get my hands on a next-gen MGS!!

Does spring 2014 mean March?

Imm0rt4l

How so? You honestly have no idea of the size/quality of the content that we're getting but have no problem calling out a developer for scamming people.

The TGS gameplay demo was all next-gen footage.

Kojima has went on record as saying that Ground Zeroes serves as a tutorial for the games new mechanics and calling it a 'prologue', so this does not bode well.

Don't worry, this will sell plenty.

I honestly couldn't care less how much it sells. I'm just a very tired of the endless internet rage these past few months. People are so quick to jump on the next pseudo controversy that they don't think to stop for a moment to really consider anything. Knee-jerk reactions are so predictable that it's almost sad.

Oh well, carry on...

Top Bottom