• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV in my opinion is a bad metal gear solid game.

Sanpei

The worst mgs game for me, maybe better than mgs 4....

So boring and soulless...I couldnt understand the high scores for this..Kojima effect ?

Ban Puncher

If only Metal Gear was a yearly series that was nearly identical to the previous game and never tried anything new and different.

Sarcasm.

That is why Ubisoft and Activision are making bank and Konami is exiting the industry.

Sadly not sarcasm.

They really should have developed Venom Snakes character throughout the game. We could have seen a "different" side of big boss 

A lot of people really wanted to see this, and I do not understand why.
Venom Snake is YOU in the role of Big Boss, the idea of giving him development as a character is totally worthless.

It's part of the reason why I find the Paz stuff so terrible. I guess the idea is that the Venom felt bad that he couldn't save her? At some point, that's the game telling me how I should feel about that scene, and I find that super lame.

Dremark

Banned
I loved the closure codetalker gave about how parasites explain away everything in MGS3. The End? Parasites. The Cobra unit? Parasites. Not everything needs to be explained, and honestly it removes mysticism that is a staple of the franchise.

It is interesting how I see statements like that when I keep seeing statements in these threads saying things like Vamp and Fortune's abilities were plot holes that needed MGS4 to "ruin it's story" to explain them.

Not aiming that at you specifically, I just think it's funny MGS3 went full circle like that. Maybe by the time 6 comes out (Either on mobage, free or pachislot) we'll have people saying MGS5 had a bad story because it had to fill MGS3's plot holes (just as invalid of a claim)

Some random thoughts about Ocelot in MGSV (note that I haven't finished the game yet):

Obviously he acts quite different here, but to me so far it doesn't seem that off. To me it kind of seems like BB and co. are in his inner circle and that his personality depicted in other games is kind of like his "stage persona" (and MGS3 Ocelot being young and foolish on top of that). This is the only game where we really work with him on a level this personal.

Yeah he didn't feel like his other versions at all but young Ocelot never felt anything like old Ocelot either. I viewed it as him filling his roll in each game.

Hopefully it's OK for me to bunp this, but I wanted to add that Huey was also wasted in MGSV. For some reason, they portrayed him as
a backstabbing, snivelling piece of shit who not only murdered Strangelove, but unleashed a parasite thay killed dozens of soldiers just so he could sell it as a weapon
. Where the fuck did that come from? He was nothing like that in Peace Walker.

In Metal Gear Solid 2 they reveal that he committed suicide by drowning himself and almost took his stepdaughter with him. Having him develop the way he did in Peacewalker never made any sense and his portrayal in 5 makes a lot more sense considering how his character had been established.

butman

There are two things that bother me and that Kojima could avoid are:

- Open World Concept:

Why you arrive and leave in helicopter every time? If you're always in the same area of Afghanistan, that i feel that is a quarter smaller than Red Dead Redemptiom first area, why not be there always and do the mission there? Why leave? Also, why begin each mission 900 meters from the target? For enjoy the scenery? give it a reason to the open world?

- Mother Base System:

The thing i hate the most. Bonus points, loot and recruitment, it takes you out of the main objective of the missions, also it makes you avoid killing every enemy in time to knock him out or sleep it. What is the point of having bullets then?
Why not having every item or weapon as the game progresses or by card keys? You really have to CRAFT them? Your ENEMIES already have the weapons and items! That's the point of infiltration, going naked!

Also the whole game feeling like a random "side mission" simulator might turn some people off. Personally I wished it had another structure and focused more on story, like the old MGS games.
The only reason why I think this was implemented is that maybe Kojima was forced to do so, seeing that other games of this generation were open world and with pointless rpg elements.

FATALITY

Banned
man this game lol
so i followed your advice to put more time into game.
finished chapter 1

start chapter 2
X6Cm0OA.gif

again?
qqqgBXN.gif

yep gave up

by the way i didnt rush. i was trying to pick every scrap of cut scene i could lol

Cyborg

I feel your pain OP.

i_know_that_feel__mgs_edition__by_sammzor-d4l8f9q.jpg

MGSV is a disappointment imo. Boring story, flat characters, empty world, really blaringly bad tuning with the fulton and health regen, and it only gets worse. Not to mention that anything exciting or eventful happens either in tapes or outside of the game. Its dumb.

Sure, teh gameplay is awesome. But even then, i feel like it has some really deep cracks. Most missions are rinse and repeat, there are no interiors, outposts and bases are not intricate, you can run to the goal and be done, buddies break the gameplay experience making it much easier.Man.. i can keep going.

Its crazy to think how much money i threw at this game.

EDIT: oh yea. i forgot. THE GAME IS INCOMPLETE!

! :)

Top Bottom