• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Michael B Jordan is nowhere near "talented as fuck" brah. He's just an average actor. If Michael B Jordan is "talented as fuck," then the bar is low for acting around here.

Dude couldn't even wrestle the spotlight from fuckin old ass Sly in Creed. Fruitvale was straight, but whats left? Red Tails? Pastor Brown? Fantastic Four? Episodes of Burn Notice?

At this moment, calling him possibly the next Will Smith is laughable. No hate, I'm just not seeing it. Granted, he's still getting his filmography together.. but yeah.. he definitely has a long way to go.

K edgemeister

you're wrong as can be unless you think just being a black person is being the same.

his character in the wire was vastly different than his character in friday night lights. then in chronicle he played a vastly different character yet again...unlike any of his tv roles. In fruitvale station his character was unique tho this character shared some similarities both with his wire and friday night lights characters. So I will give you that...

but then Creed came along and this character was unique in its own way and different again from his previous roles. basically you're wrong.

Nah, fam. I feel that he never fully embodies the characters he's playing. Either that, or he's not choosing roles that enables him to show range. There's not much difference between the characters played in Fruitvale Station and Creed, imo. "Sean Grant" could become "Adonis Creed" with very little tweaks.

Nah, fam. I feel that he never fully embodies the characters he's playing. Either that, or he's not choosing roles that enables him to show range. There's not much difference between the characters played in Fruitvale Station and Creed, imo. "Sean Grant" could become "Adonis Creed" with very little tweaks.

he's not a great actor or anything but he was extremely likable in creed (and friday night lights no doubt). and i thought he did good in the jail scene.

he's got charisma. which is kind of in short supply with a lot of these younger actors.

TheFlow

Banned
Michael B Jordan is nowhere near "talented as fuck" brah. He's just an average actor. If Michael B Jordan is "talented as fuck," then the bar is low for acting around here.

Dude couldn't even wrestle the spotlight from fuckin old ass Sly in Creed. Fruitvale was straight, but whats left? Red Tails? Pastor Brown? Fantastic Four? Episodes of Burn Notice?

At this moment, calling him possibly the next Will Smith is laughable. No hate, I'm just not seeing it. Granted, he's still getting his filmography together.. but yeah.. he definitely has a long way to go.

step away from the keyboard. Jordan is great in everything he is in.

His name was not Sean Grant, fam.

I mean, you could have said the same thing about Will Smith after Bad Boys. With 6 Degrees being his Fruitvale.

Wait, are you one of those people that thinks Denzel isn't a great actor because he "keeps playing the same role"?

You're forgetting The Wire....

Great in fruitvale,great in creed,friday night lights, the wire and the only good actor in the god awful "That awkward moment"

Kelsdesu

giphy.gif

My nigga COOGLER! Got shit cookin in the lab!

Lets get it!

Now all we need is Denzel to get those butts in the seats.

I am so hyped. Black Twitter is already making this movie >>>>> Civil War

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
This is the sorta shit that tricked 90s teens into thinking Jonny Depp was a better actor than he was haha

Anyway, it's a supporting role in a Marvel movie. I'm sure he has waht it takes to crack a joke and do some wire work.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
black panther has now become my my most anticipated marvel movie next to deadpool 2.

jordan is awesome. and im down for voting for a denzel petition.

Possibly the villain, huh?

So what about Andy Serkis/Klaw? I thought they were going that direction after what happened in Ultron and then showcasing sonic weapons in Civil War.

He's the next Denzel Washington.

Watch him in Training Day 2 in a couple of years.

Eh I dunno about that. I don't know who the next denzel is really. Neither Boseman or Jordan have delivered something as good as Washington did with malcolm X fairly early in his career. But of course he also had the privilege of working with 90s spike lee.

Denzel was "Denzel" before Malcolm, though. Not a huge star, of course, but very well respected. His name meant you were more than likely in for at least one great performance.

A Soldier's Story
Glory
The Mighty Quinn
Cry Freedom
Mo Better Blues

Plus he'd already had a run on St. Elsewhere.

I remember him getting announced as Malcolm and people were like "Of course. That's fuckin' perfect."

(Although I remember thinking it maybe shoulda been Fishburne)

Lol. But for real tho. Blade needs to be one of the Netflix shows.

Man.. you better be careful what you wish for. Everybody wants ____ person to have their own Netflix series but you have to remember that just because it's a Netflix series doesn't mean it will be good and the more series they make, the more and more likely they are to churn out a trash series because every series has different Showrunners, writers, and directors.

Marvel isn't immune to putting out a failure. They work hard not to but it's not all done from the same few teams where there's a reasonable expectation of consistency.

Of course you can ignore all this if you're really just gunning for another Sticky Fingaz' Blade season. I wouldn't be... but some folks have strange taste.

Moses Magnum.

Not Namor. Not Killmonger. Never Man-Ape.

Moses Magnum. He wouldn't even need an accent.
What a fucking pull
Wait, I thought Marvel had already talked to Snipes re: Blade?

The rumor was that they were gonna do the "Snipes becomes Whistler, new woman becomes Blade" thing.
Fan speculation based off of the premise of the new Blade comic coming out, where Blade mentors his daughter. I think it's his daughter. Either way, he mentors a young girl as a new vampire hunter.
Black Panther will be the MCU version of Empire.
Now you have me anticipating twists on twists on twists
Wow that's dreaming big right there. Is patriot still around in the comics?
Good question
Whoever he's playing I hope he gets his own badass flute entrance theme.

Both of these are true
Would be better as a Netflix show imo.
Samesies.

Maybe. Remember, Marvel has countries like Atlantis, occasionally Attilan and shit. Wakanda is up there, though.
Attilan is definitely its equal. Or it used to be. It's definitely a shadow of its former self since Infinity.

Ah ok. I understand where your reaction comes from now. It would probably be best to get someone unknown then. Camera trickery to try to fit Chestnut in the role seems excessive. He's not enough of a draw to make that worth it, I think.
He also needs to be a genius scientist.
The Space Jam has consumed you. I will not let it consume me. The living have a real jam going now. Here is your chance. Alright.
The world of the jam is not done with you yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom