• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I'm really exited for this movie, even more so after Civil War. Question, will I like Creed if I think boxing is stupid and that the Rocky movies are bad?

Maybe. It's fundamentally a Rocky film, but it does enough stylistically to stand on its own. Give it a shot.

He's Marvel's Superman, who quit being a government Superman because he wanted to go fight for what he believe to be right (civil rights).

He's gotta be more than just a buff guy who can make quips. He's gotta be everything that DC's Jesus-Supes failed to be.

Ah ok. I understand where your reaction comes from now. It would probably be best to get someone unknown then. Camera trickery to try to fit Chestnut in the role seems excessive. He's not enough of a draw to make that worth it, I think.

Slayven

CiYS64iUoAEUKTj.jpg

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Dammit. Michael B. Jordan is a painfully average actor. He plays the same character in everything he's been in. I hope he has a small role.
First of all, that's not how acting works. Second of all, how on earth is his character in Fruitville Station the same character as the human torch?

Sanjuro

I'm still hoping they don't stiff Freeman's Ross. Feel like there is a lot of fun that can be used with the character.

I'm still hoping they don't stiff Freeman's Ross. Feel like there is a lot of fun that can be used with the character.

Odds on Everett Ross being the viewpoint character?

Please don't do that, it would be the worst possible thing.

I think Everett Ross will be the guy that the council behind the Accords sends to Wakanda to extradite Bucky, and then he gets tangled up in the conflict of the film. Just gotta balance the Martin Freeman with the Everett Ross effectively.

Sanjuro

Odds on Everett Ross being the viewpoint character?

Please don't do that, it would be the worst possible thing.

I think Everett Ross will be the guy that the council behind the Accords sends to Wakanda to extradite Bucky, and then he gets tangled up in the conflict of the film. Just gotta balance the Martin Freeman with the Everett Ross effectively.

Oh, no. I don't want that either. I'm fine with him being the good antagonist sort of speak.

Kind of like John C. Reily in GotG.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Someone made a joke about this happening in the Lupita signing thread yesterday.

And it seems like I should get around to watching Creed.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He's Marvel's Superman, who quit being a government Superman because he wanted to go fight for what he believe to be right (civil rights).

He's gotta be more than just a buff guy who can make quips. He's gotta be everything that DC's Jesus-Supes failed to be.

he didnt quit, the president forced him out on the consideration of black people across the country. then gave him a white woman who was constantly keeping tabs on him

Dammit. Michael B. Jordan is a painfully average actor. He plays the same character in everything he's been in. I hope he has a small role.

you're wrong as can be unless you think just being a black person is being the same.

his character in the wire was vastly different than his character in friday night lights.

then in chronicle he played a vastly different character yet again...unlike any of his tv roles.

in fruitvale station his character was unique tho this character shared some similarities both with his wire and friday night lights characters. So I will give you that...

but then Creed came along and this character was unique in its own way and different again from his previous roles.

basically you're wrong.

bananas

Banned
_1452728552.jpg

he gotta come back this time prepared and making a deal with a bitter man ape tribe.
Black Panther has a Vibranium arm made for Bucky when he awakes from being frozen, but Klaw comes in and steals it while shit is going down in the Black Panther movie.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I think he's an excellent actor. But he's physically amazing Charismatic as hell. A natural athlete and natural artist. In a superhero movie.

Black Panther has a Vibranium arm made for Bucky when he awakes from being frozen, but Klaw comes in and steals it while shit is going down in the Black Panther movie.

And while Klaw uses it in his action setpiece, there's weird shit like mental calibration so Klaw turns the hand on his new arm into a freakin' Vibranium bionic claw that can shoot out and AAAAAAGH

Maybe they shouldn't do this. >_>

You know, it's so weird going back and reading comments from Whedon to the effect of him not thinking of Civil War and Black Panther and other future films while making AoU because, like, guy, it seems like you were thinking about em. >_>

I'm wondering how they could use Klaw... Not the prologue action scene throw-away baddie, right? I mean, if anything it could be like Batroc where they take them down but they still have some presence later on in the film (as limited as it was for Batroc), or he's the mastermind behind the baddies in the first half? Hmm...

bananas

Banned
The thirst is real.

Can Marvel please un-delay this and let Spider-Man rot in irrelevance where he belongs?
Too much money involved with Spider-Man.

Also, Sony needs that movie for the summer. That's probably non-negotiable.

Also, February 16th is a fantastic date because it's 2 days before my birthday. :)

Besides, it's original date was November 2017. It's only a 3-month delay.

I hope Captain America is in the movie too.

Sounds like you're jealous of him being talented as fuck. Dude could be the next Will Smith. I guess Will Smith is average to you too. Only Tom Hardy and Fassbender in all movies please....

Michael B Jordan is nowhere near "talented as fuck" brah. He's just an average actor. If Michael B Jordan is "talented as fuck," then the bar is low for acting around here.

Dude couldn't even wrestle the spotlight from fuckin old ass Sly in Creed. Fruitvale was straight, but whats left? Red Tails? Pastor Brown? Fantastic Four? Episodes of Burn Notice?

At this moment, calling him possibly the next Will Smith is laughable. No hate, I'm just not seeing it. Granted, he's still getting his filmography together.. but yeah.. he definitely has a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom