• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Bay Won’t Return for Transformers 6(3rd time's the charm?)

Link.

Michael Bay has directed four Transformers film and returns to direct the upcoming fifth movie Transformers: The Last Knight, but he won’t be back for Transformers 6. Up until now he has been pretty much the sole creative voice for the franchise. Despite each film being critically lambasted, they’ve been wildly successful at the box-office with the franchise grossing more than $3.7 billion worldwide.

Transformers: The Last Knight will mark a bit of a departure, however, as Paramount put together a writer’s table headed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman to create a shared universe with a more expansive mythology. This upcoming film will be the first film to lay the seeds for spin-off films including one about Bumblebee set in the 1980s, an animated prequel film set on Cybertron, and possibly one set in ancient Rome.

The fifth film in the franchise will also mark the departure of Michael Bay. In an interview with Fandango, the director said that The Last Knight will definitely be his last. Here’s what he told the outlet:

“These movies that I’ve done, they are massive movies. They take a lot out of you,” Bay said when we asked if he was finally — for real, this time — stepping away from the Transformers franchise. “I’ve done it enough, and I’ve had a great time doing it. I’m going out with a bang on this one, and I feel like you gotta go out while you’re ahead, you know. I think I’ve had a good run, and I’ve got a lot of other movies I want to do.”

As for what films he would like to do next, he seems to be attracted to something more adult and violent. He continued:

“I just read a very bloody hit man movie that was a page turner. That seems like a fun one to do. I love doing 13 Hours, I love doing Pain & Gain — I think it’ll be something more serious and more adult, I guess.”
He wasn't supposed to come back for 3 and 4 so...

Toa TAK

Banned
He said this before. In fact, he said this while doing this one not long ago.

What I'm trying to say is

YEA RIGHT

Wait, was Pain & Gain seriously not a parody of his own movies?

Like, was he seriously trying to make a serious film with that?

There's also
24 knights of the round table in the past(12 humans and 12 transformers), Wahlberg is the titular last knight and not Optimus or another transformer etc.

lmaooo yesss. make the prequel and have Mark Wahlberg's old ancestor (played by himself) as King Arthur please.

Aggelos

Of course he'll be back.
He shot 98% of Transformers the Last Knight using IMAX 3D cameras. What about the rest 2%? He cannot leave this slide like that, can't he now?
He'll be back to shoot Transformers 6 with IMAX 3D in its entirety.

https://vimeo.com/221882845

Falchion

He's been doing these for so long I remember when he threatened to not direct the second movie unless the original Transformers was released on both HD disc standards during the format war.

Snaku

Banned
I give zero fucks one way or the other at this point, the damage has already been done.

Short of a full reboot, faithful to G1, with Vince DiCola and Stan Bush doing the soundtrack, I'm done with this franchise.

The Kree

Banned
I hope whomever the next director is goes with streamlined G1 designs and reboots it in the 80's.

That's all I really want.

Slayven

I hope whomever the next director is goes with streamlined G1 designs and reboots it in the 80's.

I hope the next director keeps the designs but do Omega Supreme and Power Masters. Humans linking with Transformers

NYR

Movies started to suck without Megan Fox and really started to suck without Shia. And they were awful to begin with.

Toa TAK

Banned
You all are asking for rebooted designs n shit when you should be asking for one of these to have a good story at the very, very, least.

G1 designs don't count for shit if the robots keep getting glossed over beyond action and are involved in a messy story with lame ass characters.

If the movie makes $500 million worldwide or under, he will not come back.

If the movie makes anywhere between $650 to $1billion worldwide... he might return.

Wait, was Pain & Gain seriously not a parody of his own movies?

Like, was he seriously trying to make a serious film with that?

Yes he was actually being serious. He was also being serious when having characters in a movie comment on how someone had been mean to him, prompting said 'mean lady' to suddenly be back in TMNT. That's not a coincidence, that's "please don't sue us".

sphagnum

Banned

They already have more movies planned for this universe. Next one is a Bumblebee spinoff. Full steam ahead!

I hope the next director keeps the designs but do Omega Supreme and Power Masters. Humans linking with Transformers

I feel like that's the direction they're going in with the drone TFs from AoE and that Metal Gear thing in the trailer. Eventually there have to be humans piloting their own Transformers.

Ninjimbo

Michael Bay is a pretty cool director. I want to see him get away from Transformers just to see what he else could do.

Top Bottom