• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member
Borrowed time. They know it. So do their fans. You can smell the fear....its in just about every thread on Gaf.

"Borrowed time"

E1MVyYb.png

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Jboemios

Banned
You really think remasters of 10+ year old games is what is going to make Game Pass "hard to ignore"? I'll give you Diablo 4 but I'd be surprised if that's the game that keeps folks subscribed either considering how repetitive it is. We will see.
Tell that to Nintendo and Capcom who are the remaster-remake kings.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Exactly.

The doc says Ghostwire Tokyo 2, but it was before Hi-Fi rush came out, if anything Tango will fastrack a Hifi 2 long before Ghostwire 2.

That being said, the Virtuous employee leaks about Oblivion remaster are from earlier this year, so that is probably already well under development.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
And it becomes easier to ignore when the price of the service increases to correspond to delivering those games "every few months", which I do not believe Microsoft is capable of doing, frankly. I mean.....you are not getting more Starfield, Diablo, Elder Scrolls or Fallout for years at this point so that list is already a bit off. But even if that were the case, it doesn't matter how quickly they push out games if they are closer to Redfall in quality than Starfield. MS would do well to pump the brakes and make sure their quality is where it needs to be and not "good enough for Game Pass" as the mantra has become.

When did the mantra become ‘good enough for GamePass’? Redfall aside, majority of their titles in the past few years have had very good to great reviews.

It’s not like they’ve been putting out games at breakneck speed or compromising development time, so I’m not sure where the call to ‘pump breaks’ comes from.

Topher

Gold Member
When did the mantra become ‘good enough for GamePass’? Redfall aside, majority of their titles in the past few years have had very good to great reviews.

It’s not like they’ve been putting out games at breakneck speed or compromising development time, so I’m not sure where the call to ‘pump breaks’ comes from.

I'm not necessarily talking about first party games as far as that mantra is concerned. That is typically these timed exclusive games such as High on Life (which I enjoyed) that didn't get rave reviews but were "good enough for Game Pass". And my point was that Microsoft needs to ensure their first party games are not in that category.

I know it was from last year but the Xbox roadmap that "leaked" with the refreshed consoles coming seems to have undergone dramatic changes

Did the news of the PS5 Pro cause these changes I dunno, maybe

Have they gone through dramatic changes? When was this revealed?

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Microsoft better find a way to formally close this because if not the FTC are going to keep coming back.

Lina is already cooked anyway, never mess with a woman who has nothing to lose. They might not ultimately win, but they will find a way to make your life miserable for as long as they physically and emotionally can.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Microsoft better find a way to formally close this because if not the FTC are going to keep coming back.

Lina is already cooked anyway, never mess with a woman who has nothing to lose. They might not ultimately win, but they will find a way to make your life miserable for as long as they physically and emotionally can.

Captain America Avengers GIF

reksveks

Assuming the CMA approves early October

1. CMA approves
2. ABK sells cloud streaming rights
3. MS/ABK merge asap
4. Ninth circuit whenever gets to the case, and basically throws it out cause the PI is moot
5. FTC tries to break up MS/ABK (who don't have cloud streaming rights to their own games)

That case would be funny, both the administrative one and the federal one.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Assuming the CMA approves early October

1. CMA approves
2. ABK sells cloud streaming rights
3. MS/ABK merge asap
4. Ninth circuit whenever gets to the case, and basically throws it out cause the PI is moot
5. FTC tries to break up MS/ABK (who don't have cloud streaming rights to their own games)

That case would be funny, both the administrative one and the federal one.

You forgot:

6. Lina Kahn resigns...

NickFire

FTC is going after Amazon next. From her perspective she probably has a lot to lose now if the FTC backs down on this case. Can't look weak when going after a company the size of Amazon.

Unless they get an injunction to hold up the deal, the deal can close.
The FTC will have to attempt to break up the deal after it's done, which is really hard to get to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom