• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft builds a GIANT Xbox One in Vancouver.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I know MS is terrified of another RRoD fiasco but that is a bit extreme don't you think?
We're used to burning shit down in Vancouver, though.

sh_riot4_raw1-660x440.jpg

OmegaDL50

Now the interesting question to ask?

Is it functional?

They could probably put a real Xbox One inside of it and say it's a real "Xbox One" but giant sized.

The things that companies do for promotions. Would have been neat to see this thing in person up close.

Superflat

My first thought was "what a colossal waste of money", but the more I think about it, it's pretty cool I guess. Looks surreal.

Just put it in a proper showcase when it's done and not in a parking lot, lol

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/techno...-in-vancouver/article15155800/?service=mobile

At noon ET, Microsoft will reveal a gigantic 40-foot-long replica of the new console it has dropped down in Vancouver in a parking lot at 1001 Seymour Street (at the corner of Nelson and Seymour near Yaletown) and gamers will be invited to help open its doors. There are a variety of ways to do that, but they all involve a sort of crowdsourcing where players input their Xbox Gamertag online as a way of “voting” for the big box to open.

Begaria

I hear that one has 12GB of RAM and does include that second dGPU. I guess secret sauce really means "takes up a parking lot".

Top Bottom