• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft FY2015 Q3: 1.6M 360+XBO Shipped

360 did 800k last year.
Xbone did 1.2m last year.

Anybody expect a 50% drop in 360? 400k for it... well puts Xbone at 1.2m again.

Just saying that last year, 800k of the 2 million was from the 360. One could very well be flat (still not good), while the 360 drop heavily.

I know everyone is excited to dance on xbox perceived grave

Remember this includes 360 sales which has taken a steep, steep dive

I'm not ready to dance on anyones grave. I own an Xbox One and enjoy the console.

Didn't realize 360 accounted for so much sales last time around, that could certainly play a factor in the drop in unit sales. Still at best Xbone is flat YoY right? Still not a very good look at all, especially considering the console is cheaper now, with a more established library.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Down YoY and 24% in revenue? Holy shit. That's actually pretty shocking considering they've been rolling in dosh for the longest.

allan-bh

We can't say for sure that Xbox One alone is down YoY, because certainly 360 it is.

Anyway, it's a modest number, pretty in line with Xbox these days.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Aren't lower numbers during "off season" expected in the second year? How was it in previous generations?

Elandyll

Banned
Is such a decline normal after its first real year? Usually console sales ramp up and hit peak in their 3-4th year

The revenue decline could be explained by the big pricing offers ($50 drop, gift cards, Free third party ACU+ACIV) ... but the drop in price and special offers should have boosted the units sold (it certainly did, at least in the US, in Nov/ Dec).

Without knowing the split in the 1.6m between XB1 and 360, hard to analyze though, particularly when we are in shipped territory vs sold through, like here.

Of course the overshipping of ACU bundles during the Holidays didn't help.

Well - time to switch back over to PS4 and get rid of a soon to be paper weight.

It was fun while it lasted - looks like MS gonna have to release a successor sooner than expected. They are done at this point.

Thanks.
Seems the one is quite abit behind.

im sure sales will pick up around the holidays though.

i wonder how much the witcher 3 will affect x1 sales.

I don't imagine much. Witcher is a primarily European and PC franchise.

Well - time to switch back over to PS4 and get rid of a soon to be paper weight.

It was fun while it lasted - looks like MS gonna have to release a successor sooner than expected. They are done at this point.

Holy Hyperbole!

Ploid 3.0

Devaluing the console really bit them in the ass it seems.

I don't think in the long run it is a good strategy to rely on short term price cuts like MS has during the holidays....it never sustains momentum and devalues your brand. Price cuts should be maximized.

I figured all of the crazy deals they had during the 4th quarter would end up screwing them over when it was done. The price of the xbox one just kept falling since it's launch. Titan Fall bundle deals, no kinect illusion in price drop, and a lot of other deals. Next up a real price drop, then deals on top of it, and a black Friday mega deal. How low can they go?

So your gonna sell your console because overall sales aren't as high as the PS4.

You do realize that sales can rise and fall?

What in the hell kind of logic is this?

Not great but not terrible...
Year over year decreases are never a good sign however there was probably a lot less 360s sold due to the transition to next gen and they had nothing like titanfall last year to help boost sales.

Into

Seems overly dramatic. XB1 has more or less 95% of the same games as the PS4, which are more or less the same. Sales are just sales

Ah a joke =P

ZhugeEX

Banned
So we are looking at Playstation at 20.2 as of beginning of March and Xbox at <13.5 as of the end of the month

sounds about right

PS4 was sold through to end users, not shipped like the Xbox number. PS4 is likely to be over 22m or even over 23m shipped end of March.

Xbox 360 was at 10.9m at this point in the lifecycle.

Bsigg12

Revenue down YoY makes sense with the pricecut and 360s starting to reach its end. Until Microsoft gets games on the platform, it will continue to bring in mediocre numbers, though I expect their 2015 holiday numbers to be really good again.

Welfare

1.1m Xbox One's / 500k Xbox 360's
1.0m Xbox One's / 600k Xbox 360's
900k Xbox One's / 700k Xbox 360's

Pick your poison

Ricky_R

I can only imagine how bad the Xbone might be in this same time next year if they go wild with discounts or a price drop these holidays again. I wonder what will their strategy be after these earnings.

Nightbird

I expected Numbers to be higher than that, but this is Wii U Territory.

Didnt the X1 have a large amount of Discounts? What happend to that?

mcrommert

Banned
PS4 was sold through to end users, not shipped like the Xbox number. PS4 is likely to be over 22m or even over 23m shipped end of March.

What do we think they are holding in channel right now? It would be something standard as there is no holiday season

timlot

Banned

Damn, where's a mod when you need one.

Anyway, numbers could be better. They didn't really have a system selling game this spring.

Crazy. Even though the X1 doesn't even cost 100€ more than a 360 (talking about the blank console after calculating out bundle games/controllers - Xbox 360 = 150€, Xbox One = 220€) here in Germany.

They should think about quitting the 360 and force people to get a X1 because they can't really lower the prices anymore. And we are only in the 2nd year!

Doffen

Surface Pro 3 putting in work!

Damn fine tablet, best I've used to date. Success is well deserved.

I'm more than ready to jump in when they release Pro 4. Time to ditch my 2013 Macbook Air.

Crazy. Even though the X1 doesn't even cost 100&#8364; more than a 360 (talking about the blank console after calculating out bundle games/controllers - Xbox 360 = 150&#8364;, Xbox One = 220&#8364;) here in Germany.

They should think about quitting the 360 and force people to get a X1 because they can't really lower the prices anymore. And we are only in the 2nd year!

Do they advertise the console in Germany?

Top Bottom