• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft FY2015 Q3: 1.6M 360+XBO Shipped

1.1m Xbox One's / 500k Xbox 360's
1.0m Xbox One's / 600k Xbox 360's
900k Xbox One's / 700k Xbox 360's

Pick your poison
probably the first one, or maybe even 1.2m/0.4m (this is why I wanted 360 NPD sales!)
I expected Numbers to be higher than that, but this is Wii U Territory.

Didnt the X1 have a large amount of Discounts? What happend to that?

yeah uh...stick around to see how many Wii Us got shipped this quarter 2 weeks from now

mcrommert

Banned
Don't think they used second party naming.

So this is the April NPD fallback quote from MS.

I don't see why xbox usage is an issue for their financials. This would indicate more xbox live gold accounts (maybe) so financials there should be rising...but then again it might not be comparable

MisterR

I know everyone is excited to dance on xbox perceived grave

Remember this includes 360 sales which has taken a steep, steep dive

If it were only 360 declines then it seems like they would do individual numbers for Xbox One instead of Xbox family.

Zophar

Called ages ago that devaluing the XB1 so quickly was a horrible idea. That's a very steep decline for a platform so early in its lifespan. It should be speeding up, not slowing down.

PS4 will be leading it 3:1 worldwide by the end of the year.

Silvard

I know everyone is excited to dance on xbox perceived grave

Remember this includes 360 sales which has taken a steep, steep dive

So has the minimum retail price of the Xbox One. Alone the drop in revenue would be explained, but staying flat (in the best case scenario for the Xbox One, assuming the 360 only shipped a paltry 400k) despite the price drop is quite surprising.

We have to assume the vast majority of that is Xbone since the 360 is basically dead now. How are the results do you think?

Edit: Just saw the other slide, down 24% on revenue? That looks pretty damn horrible.

Here in the UK, and across much of the EU 360 is still very popular. So popular that in some places in London there is about £50-£60 separating the 360 from XBO

offshore

8.6 million Lumia smartphones sold last quarter.

Good quarter for Microsoft mobile.
I'm one of those 8.6m. Got my first Lumia... it's awesome. Windows Phone is brilliant.

I didn't think these constant price cuts would help them, and these numbers seem to back that up a bit. Xbox One desperately needs a redesign, rebrand and then unified price points that they can stick to for more than 5 minutes.

Called ages ago that devaluing the XB1 so quickly was a horrible idea. That's a very steep decline for a platform so early in its lifespan. It should be speeding up, not slowing down.

So like XBONE 16M, PS4 48M?
Sounds unlikely

CTLance

Whelp. That's gotta sting. Particularly with mobile and tablet divisions soldiering along just fine.

Gotta say though: my inner Nintendo fanboy breathed a sigh of relief. It's always nice to have company. ;)

Cess007

Uh no, September - December is what matters.

I can't tell anymore who's serious with this and who's not.

Not gonna happen. Unless Sony found a smash Hit that it's exclusive to the PS4 AND also lower the price by more than 100dlls.

Into

If XB1 outsold XB1 last year, they would have referenced that "growth yoy" instead of using the word in regards to XB live usage. I am sure 360 sales have dropped but i doubt they have dropped enough to some scenario where XB1 is actually doing better. Makes no sense for PR to miss such a opportunity.

But really the price cuts are the real story for me here. As well as a solid campaign to repair the damage done earlier.

tesla246

Well - time to switch back over to PS4 and get rid of a soon to be paper weight.

It was fun while it lasted - looks like MS gonna have to release a successor sooner than expected. They are done at this point.

How I love these posts where I can't tell with certainty if its meant as either sarcasm or frustration. It can even be some hyperbole/drive-by troll!

Is it really that bad if XB1 is at 1.2 million like last year while 360 is at 400k

The problem I believe is that, according to these numbers, the XONE may be facing stagnation (if you expect the 360 to drop a reasonably 50%YOY, thus leaving 1.2 million for XONE, which is the same as last year).
Consoles always seem to hit their stride in the 3/4 year, and when the XONE doesn't show growth and sells as much as last year despite of all the price drops, free games and deals left/right, it may be an indication for future ''progress''.

Top Bottom