• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft have NOT rolled out full region-locking on MS Stores, OP was drunk

Bradach

I was actually considering picking up an xbox one as a second console over christmas assuming that I could buy from Europe in USD.

MS just lost a customer if this is the case.

_DrMario_

So I just tried it by preordering MCC and it worked. I'm from Canada buying from the US store using my credit card and an Oregon address.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I think I should be sent cash to reimburse me for buying the Season Pass.

I was gonna buy it anyway

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Checked with couple of friends; Australia / NZ / India / England is all working just fine.

Think the OP is high on something, or the country itself is blocking.

That said; I have a feeling sooner rather than later the govt's are going to get involved (for tax purposes) and order MS / Sony / Nintendo to put an end to it. :(

EDIT: reading the thread; if it is Hong Kong that is having the problem; I'm guessing this may have to do with the conditions of the X1 coming out in China / Great Firewall of China.

Sony region locked credit cards 6 years ago. And is keeping region locking when they added PayPal as well.

Almost every credit card service that uses addresses to authenticate is region locked, Sony isn't doing anything different than, say, iTunes. Geo-locking your stuff even if you use your local friend's valid card is on a completely different level.

L.O.R.D

i remember that
i used to have US account
then i saw an offer here about getting 20$ store card for 10$ ( 2 years ago )
bought the first one , the second one got rejected and they locked my account
after 4 months , they forced me to change my account region to Saudi Arabia
i still hate them for this

people , the region lock only on MS store
http://www.microsoftstore.com
not the marketplace

sam777

I was actually considering picking up an xbox one as a second console over christmas assuming that I could buy from Europe in USD.

MS just lost a customer if this is the case.

You still can buy from the US, I bought Halo: MCC from there and my friend bought COD only yesterday.

T.O.P

Banned
I pre-ordered Dragon Age Inquisition this afternoon from the US store (Italy here) with no problems

SerTapTap

Woah woah woah, one of the most appealing features of the Xbox One for me was the ability to buy a regular-ass US unit, use it in the US, and buy games from the Japanese digital store.

Will I be unable to do that now? I have a JP 360 and it's a real pain in the ass, I've avoided the digital store altogether aside from a couple demos because I have no idea what'll work.

Tak3n

Banned
umm perhaps USA is not blocked sorry in that case I was told it was not working

I personally have tried

HK
India
Canada

none worked for me and others, I will edit that US still works

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
umm perhaps USA is not blocked sorry in that case I was told it was not working

I personally have tried

HK
India
Canada

none worked for me and others, I will edit that US still works

Where are you coming from?

this is kind of related to this. But if this is not fixed by the time MCC comes out, we will be able to unlock that early right. Ive never done the whole unlocking things early before

Omiee

oke good bye xbox :)

the only reason i had a xbox one is because of the easy way you could buy things from the us store.

fuck them seriously

when and if they decide to block the us will i still be able to acces my us bought games? i bought a shit ton of games from the us xbl store while im fron the Netherlands.

VinFTW

oke good bye xbox :)

the only reason i had a xbox one is because of the easy way you could buy things from the us store.

fuck them seriously

when and if they decide to block the us will i still be able to acces my us bought games? i bought a shit ton of games from the us xbl store while im fron the Netherlands.

Read. The. Thread.

US store doesn't work for me anymore (in uk) really crap as I have a young family gaming is quite down the list money wise but with the US store I was happy I was vying games for £40 rather than £60.

Will all my purchases be safe when I get my white Xbox one

Etnos

Banned
I just purachased Costume Quest 2 from the US store, maybe is not all the regions... Plus you can always buy from your region.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair I do think something happened regarding the stores in HK and India, that came up a week or so ago. Personally I've only ever bought from the US store (maybe once in the UK).

Wow at some of the replies in this thread, gotta love the 'well I just about to buy an Xbox 1' posts!

US store doesn't work for me anymore (in uk) really crap as I have a young family gaming is quite down the list money wise but with the US store I was happy I was vying games for £40 rather than £60.

Will all my purchases be safe when I get my white Xbox one
How are you trying to make your purchase (cc, PayPal, voucher). I have no problems here.

Top Bottom