• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is keeping its Paint program after an outpouring of fan support

aravuus

Er, so she's saying that features from Paint are in Paint 3D, and that Paint will be available as an optional free app. Wasn't that the plan from the beginnng ? I don't see any reversal, they just commented "wow you guys sure like Paint a lot !"

Yeah, I'm like 99% sure this has been the plan from the very beginning lol.

Props to whoever at the PR department decided to go at it like this.

m_dorian

I use it all the time to crop my print screens and also quickly resize cover art. It's convenient, fast and uses little resources.

This is exactly how i am using it.

If i understand correctly they are going to remove it and at the same time make it available through their crap store?
If true, i ask myself why?
I already have it and use it when i use it and i do not want to have any association with their store. MS sucks big sometimes.

Sony

Nintendo
MS Paint is very lightweight and it takes practically no storage space. It should be part of Windows perpetually. Like, there is zero reason to remove it. Even moving it to the windows store is a bad decision...

Alx

If i understand correctly they are going to remove it and at the same time make it available through their crap store?

More importantly they're replacing it with Paint 3D as the default image editor, which is also lightweight and can do the cropping/resizing stuff. Original Paint becomes legacy stuff that is optional but still there for those who want it.

Tacitus_

The hysteria over this is hilarious.
8y0u1mR.png

Both boot in ~1s and to my untrained eye, have the same basic tools and 3D has, well, some basic 3D stuff as well.

If Microsoft got rid of Paint, I was going to find my friend's Xbox One S and shit on it. Now I'll be doing that but for basically no reason.

Glad Paint is staying, though.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Forcing people to download it on the app store is killing it anyway. I aim to avoid using W10 for as long as possible.

Alx

The hysteria over this is hilarious.
8y0u1mR.png

Both boot in ~1s and to my untrained eye, have the same basic tools and 3D has, well, some basic 3D stuff as well.

One thing I miss in the new Paint is the live display of pixel coordinates of the cursor. The UI I'm sure I'll get used to (it's actually better for stylus or touch usage, but I'm still too used to the old one)

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I don't get the hysteria.

They were just replacing a simple image editor with another one.

They never should have called it Paint 3D, and never should have shown it was a different app. Paint has been updated in every windows release.

Top Bottom