• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Officially No Longer Developing Games for Xbox One

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
But Xbox One owners will still be able to play newer games via continued Xcloud support.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has revealed that Microsoft is no longer developing first-party games for Xbox One and is now fully focused on making games for Xbox Series X|S and PC.​

During the recent Xbox Games Showcase, you may have noticed a distinct lack of Xbox first-party games announced for Xbox One. As it turns out, Microsoft has now officially left the Xbox One behind, and Xbox Game Studios are now developing games only for Xbox Series X|S and PC.

Xbox Game Studios chief Matt Booty told Axios that Xbox Game Studios has now "moved on to Gen 9" and that no internal teams are working on games for the previous gen console outside of providing support for ongoing games such as Minecraft.

feynoob

Banned
Mad Season 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

That is what the new gen should be.

Bridges

What was the last first party that launched on XB1? Pentiment?
I thought this had already been the case but admittedly it's hard to tell with how sparse their first party releases have been anyway.

Should’ve happened day one - but now the series s in the problem. Sony must allow ps4 to die so we can get some true progress

GHG

Did you buy a Series X or S?

I'm referring to the OG blocktastic Xbox One.

Come on Microsoft, this device can play games from three generations. It still gets support from Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny and Destiny 2.
Do it.

Literally every modern handheld PC in existence will do this job and then some. Why not just get one of those?

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's past time. The last game I played on my One X was Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I tried Guardians of the Galaxy but I couldn't deal with the last gen load times any more and moved to current gen consoles full time.

Ansphn

What is the issue with series consoles?
Are you trying to start something?
Well...I was on Twitter and there's a big topic about the impact of the Xbox One. And so far, a lot of people remember it more fondly than what the Series consoles have provided them this gen. I said it's still early but the way things are going with Gamepass and quality games, I'm leaning towards the Series console ultimately not even beating the little impact that the Xbox one provided exclusive-wise.

feynoob

Banned
Well...I was on Twitter and there's a big topic about the impact of the Xbox One. And so far, a lot of people remember it more fondly than what the Series consoles have provided them this gen. I said it's still early but the way things are going with Gamepass and quality games, I'm leaning towards the Series console ultimately not even beating the little impact that the Xbox one provided exclusive-wise.
Your main problem was getting info from Twitter.
Don't take any words from that toxic website.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Literally every modern handheld PC in existence will do this job and then some. Why not just get one of those?
For people who are in the Xbox ecosystem, your Xbox games won't magically turn into PC games. This is like saying "since there is a PC, there is no reason for the Xbox to be sold". It's not for new games(or maybe it is if we eventually get a Series S portable), it's for the vast library of games for three generations optimized for this device (plus some occasional new games). Also,
When did Steam Deck get Xbox OS? You are telling me some Linux device with hardly any space to buy and install Windows is a reason to use that Windows Store as a replacement for Xbox? Windows Store does not have any of the BC games or the Xbox version of multiplayer game(you won't load into Xbox lobbies of games like Destiny 2), neither does it have seamless party chart built into the OS.
Its not about preference, they are different things. If Windows Store was a replacement for Xbox, then it would have done its job as so. Some people like the Xbox console ecosystem.

Top Bottom