• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft officially pulls DRM from Xbox One, announces new policies

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This happened because we made noise. Every single one of you that made noise - you won. Everyone that said "be quiet and wait for details" - you were wrong.
This needs to be emphasized.

You people that questioned the revolution were so fucking wrong. In your fucking face.

Consumers won despite your best efforts to sabotage it.

Noi

I'd still rather not give a penny to the company that thought to implement those restrictions in the first place, but this good. The Xbone would have set precedents that helped literally no one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Welp. I don't know what to say, really. It's as anti-climatic as it gets.

Velkyn

Still not changing my commitment to not buy the one. The fact that they supported it at all means I'll be spending my dollar elsewhere.

rexor0717

Really glad that they backed down. Still wont get the console most likely, but it creates a better environment for gamers regardless.

Gartooth

This happened because we made noise. Every single one of you that made noise - you won. Everyone that said "be quiet and wait for details" - you were wrong.

Good job to everyone. Videogaming saved for everyone.

It was people like you who made things like this possible, so I know it's been said a lot but thanks famousmortimer. Also another thank you to all you guys on GAF and the collective gaming community as we argued against this and spread the word.

Can't wait for the crow that's going to be served to pro-DRM supporters.

LordJim

Microsoft cares about you, and about your opinions. Please buy our console. Please. Steve Balmer won't stop yelling, he's not even breathing. Please buy the X Box One, coming this november. Please pre order it. Gamestop. Please.

Go Freedom! I think everyone should be happy at this move not matter what console flag they fly. This is a good move for gamers.

EA execs must be steaming though.

Spongebob

Banned
Fucking incredible.

I find it strange that people who defended the previous policies are now giddy about these new ones...

Soriku

Damn what a surprise. But now they have to work to change everyone's perception since damage has been done. The question is did MS really think people would be willing to accept the DRM policies? Bet they're wishing they didn't go through with DRM right now. But at least the benefit now is that the industry knows how much people hate those types of restrictions.

Tfault

Consumers 1 - 0 Corporation

Well done to all consumers/gamers who did the right thing and hit Microsoft where it hurts, in their corporate pockets. Shame on those defending Microsoft and their anti-consumer practices.

Well done Sony for not supporting such policies and forcing Microsoft's hand.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
ATTENTION ALL NAY-SAYERS, CORPORATE APOLOGISTS, AND GAME "JOURNALIST" SUCKUPS WHO TOLD US ALL TO SHUT UP, BEND OVER AND TAKE IT

I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA

ibzGNkcoQfXEHE.gif

Oh man, there will be some interesting tweets today I'm sure.

WHERE YOU AT CLIFFY B

WOW !!!! JUST WOW !!!

did not expect this AT ALL :O

INSANE really really insane, this is HUGE for gamers world wide and huge for consumers and competition in the market place!

congrats everyone congrats

Bedlam

We did it guys. Everyone who opposed MS' stance and preordered the PS4 instead just showed MS the limit of how far they can go.

Everyone who preordered the Xbone before this, you deserve none of the praise but you're welcome. :p

Gartooth

I was so worried that if Xbox One got away with this successfully, the bad precedent it would set for gaming as a whole. Very glad it's gone. The digital future will come sooner or later, but forcing it on us with these bullshit draconian policies would have never been the way to bring us there.

Acorn

ATTENTION ALL NAY-SAYERS, CORPORATE APOLOGISTS, AND GAME "JOURNALIST" SUCKUPS WHO TOLD US ALL TO SHUT UP, BEND OVER AND TAKE IT

I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA

ibzGNkcoQfXEHE.gif

This.

Gamers actually managed to change something for once. Holy fuck.

I think it's too late for me. PS4 being 100 dollars cheaper is still leaning me toward that at launch. I'll likely pick up a One once the price drops.

Top Bottom