• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It’s gone. They’ve removed it from the Rewards app.

Hope you spent all those points beforehand.

Edit: could be back after adjustments for the price increase (like it could go to 20,000 points for a month for example) have to wait and see I suppose.

yeah, they took it down because of their own fuck up lol. I was able to re-up till 2026 as well.

Impressive! I recently made a couple big point purchases of around $100 each. Saving my points up for a new controller. I’m about halfway there.

The Starfield one? I got that purely via Rewards points a few weeks ago. It's a gorgeous ass controller.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
yeah, they took it down because of their own fuck up lol. I was able to re-up till 2026 as well.

The Starfield one? I got that purely via Rewards points a few weeks ago. It's a gorgeous ass controller.
Oh of course. You know that completely passed me by when it was giving 3 months for the redemption of 1. Makes sense now so hopefully not gone for good.

adamsapple

Seems like it’s vanished in the past for unknown reasons. Hopefully it will come back.

Yeah this is definitely not the first time they have taken it off, hopefully it's back sooner rather than later for people who use auto-redeem to keep their GPUs going.

In the meant time, one alternate, I guess, could be to make the $10 gift card your auto redeem to save some extra points.

Kilau

I finally managed not to screw up!

IGLFr4Q.jpg

adamsapple

I finally managed not to screw up!

IGLFr4Q.jpg

I'm traveling internationally in a few weeks and am afraid I'm gonna lose my streak, reading some scare stories about people getting their accounts blocked because they tried to use rewards internationally.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
That’s some good going. I’m on a 125 week streak on the Xbox app. The weekly thing.

I was doing good on the daily but noticed it reset last week back to zero I swear I’ve not missed a day but the app was playing up one day last week maybe I wasn’t signed in properly but it’s gone anyway.

Antwix

Anyone else have performance issues with the Bing app on Android? Like holy cow this thing runs like shit. It was fine for years but I right around the time they added Bing AI, it's been awful. And getting worse as each update hits. Sometimes it gets to a point where each registered screen tap takes almost 10 seconds.

Labadal

I am new to this and I have a question. They have an option to search to "Check in to Microsoft products daily to build the puzzle for 1000 points", today, and yesterday, it only counts 2 out of 3 searches no matter what I search for. Therefore, I cannot get any reward. I'm in Europe, if that has an significance on this.

It would be a decent amount of points to get, for basically nothing.

adamsapple

I am new to this and I have a question. They have an option to search to "Check in to Microsoft products daily to build the puzzle for 1000 points", today, and yesterday, it only counts 2 out of 3 searches no matter what I search for. Therefore, I cannot get any reward. I'm in Europe, if that has an significance on this.

It would be a decent amount of points to get, for basically nothing.

You know I haven't figured out that puzzle thing myself, is it just based on daily searches? It seems it progresses very slow if that's the case.

Anyone else have performance issues with the Bing app on Android? Like holy cow this thing runs like shit. It was fine for years but I right around the time they added Bing AI, it's been awful. And getting worse as each update hits. Sometimes it gets to a point where each registered screen tap takes almost 10 seconds.

For mobile searches, I just use the chrome on my android, go to bing and it's a lot faster than trying the 20 searches via the bing app. You can also use the Start app to do the daily searches, but that's also slow.

Labadal

adamsapple adamsapple I figured it out. Go to Microsoft Edge. Search Microsoft products. I had to do several. After i was done, I told ME to delete cookies every time I exit the browser. I got my first check mark filled in.

Kilau

Daily achievement reward is now down to 5 points from 50, this is following the change earlier the year that moved it from general rewards to game pass only and required it to be earned in a game pass game. I'll probably still get this most days anyways but I'm not going out of my way for it anymore.

8xT9c9u.jpg

adamsapple

Let's see if this is permanent or just for today cause the weekly reward quest also goes live on Tuesday.

If they change it to 5 permanently, no point in doing the daily achievements anymore.

Topher

Gold Member
Let's see if this is permanent or just for today cause the weekly reward quest also goes live on Tuesday.

If they change it to 5 permanently, no point in doing the daily achievements anymore.

Hopefully the daily tasks minus achievements will be enough to handle the monthly stuff which is still usually 500 points or so

adamsapple

Whelp, it's 5 pts today as well. Looks like that daily achievement thing is pretty useless now.

Hopefully the daily tasks minus achievements will be enough to handle the monthly stuff which is still usually 500 points or so

It should be enough for 400+ (That's needed for free GPU).

270 pts in searches and 170~ in the Xbox app tasks alone, then you have the daily pts from the Gaming page on Edge and all the other assorted daily, weekly, monthly quests.

Still more than enough points to get game pass each month but previously, I used to have enough to score a gift card or two in a month on top as well.

Kilau

Second day now my Bng related search points are all messed up. Browser shows a different amount completed of each and mobile app and console show another. I can't get the numbers to move.

Edge:
tYpKaQA.png

Xbox:
dD971kU.jpg

Anyone else here having this issue? The MS Rewards Reddit seems to confirm it's affecting other.

adamsapple

web and mobile search are bugged out

Not bugged, they added a 6 second delay between searches for points.

Wait 6 seconds between searches and it's working as intended.

Things keep getting better (worse)

Eh, it says everything is being moved to a single hub app. Let's see what new activities they add there (I haven't seen that message on my dashboard yet fyi).

Last edited:

Kilau

Not bugged, they added a 6 second delay between searches for points.

Wait 6 seconds between searches and it's working as intended.

Eh, it says everything is being moved to a single hub app. Let's see what new activities they add there (I haven't seen that message on my dashboard yet fyi).
The way things have been trending, I don't have faith in them.

adamsapple

The way things have been trending, I don't have faith in them.

I miss the shopping game loss the most but even besides that it looks like I'm on track to reach at or around 20K points this month (without the Reward streak bonus), which means enough points for a game pass and a $10 gift card.

Kilau

I miss the shopping game loss the most but even besides that it looks like I'm on track to reach at or around 20K points this month (without the Reward streak bonus), which means enough points for a game pass and a $10 gift card.
There have been a lot of other nerfs but the rewards app in particular has been so gutted it's crazy. Granted, I hate the app. It's sluggish at best and crashes often. Something new would be welcome.

Phobos Base

Well it's been a good run, I haven't paid for Gamepass in years, got a new controller and some vouchers as well. But the program has been so massively nerfed it's not worth the effort any more. Thanks to all the people setting up bots and macros to farm points for ruining it for everyone.

Antwix

Isn't just the Xbox specific rewards getting nerfed? Like the mobile search and desktop search are still the same? Sucks regardless but I seriously don't think I've paid out of pocket for a game in years. Good times.

Antwix

6 seconds between searches means that opening 40 tabs upon launching the browser no longer works? I'm out if so lol
Yeah this was still working for me up until today. Had to manually click through searches and not too quickly due to that 5-6 second delay.

adamsapple

They're not just cutting things, they're adding them too.

I've been getting this daily for the last couple of weeks. 50 more points separate from the regular bing searches, and this one doesn't have a 6 second cooldown, so you can just race through it in 20 seconds.

xxo1GiJ.jpg

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
They're not just cutting things, they're adding them too.

I've been getting this daily for the last couple of weeks. 50 more points separate from the regular bing searches, and this one doesn't have a 6 second cooldown, so you can just race through it in 20 seconds.

xxo1GiJ.jpg

It would be useful to know where you are seeing that. It also might be targeted. Even if you qualify for the 50 points, we are down about 170 points daily with the cuts over the past few months.

adamsapple

It would be useful to know where you are seeing that. It also might be targeted. Even if you qualify for the 50 points, we are down about 170 points daily with the cuts over the past few months.

Whoops, sorry.

It's front and center on the rewards web page (rewards.bing.com), but for me it only shows up *after* I've done the regular browser 150 points. And it has been appearing daily for me since basically October onward.

bender

What time is it?
Whoops, sorry.

It's front and center on the rewards web page (rewards.bing.com), but for me it only shows up *after* I've done the regular browser 150 points. And it has been appearing daily for me since basically October onward.

That's what I thought. It's probably targeted.

With the Rewards App on Xbox being retired, I'm curious if the weekly streaks will move somewhere else or be put out to pasture. That's another 300 points every week (100x10 + 2,500).

I'm not really complaining as it is all still "free". I don't mind them reducing points (we'll probably struggle to hit 20K points per month) but that's still close to free GPU and a 100 Amazon Gift Card per year. I do find the timers to be a little annoying. My bing searches are still going to be bogus no matter how much you force me to space them out.

Kilau

Whoops, sorry.

I don't have that so it's for sure targeted. The search throttling is really the biggest nerf though, holy crap I'm ready to abandon ship here.

Pantz

Is there anywhere that has details on everything that you can do to earn points right now?
I do:
- Rewards website (searches and clicking all the boxes for check marks)
- Game Pass Quests
- Xbox Rewards app
- Xbox mobile app

Any other suggestions?

adamsapple

Is there anywhere that has details on everything that you can do to earn points right now?
I do:
- Rewards website (searches and clicking all the boxes for check marks)
- Game Pass Quests
- Xbox Rewards app
- Xbox mobile app

Any other suggestions?

There is a Rewards reddit but it's just mostly filled with people complaining about one thing or another not working for them every day.

I generally do about the same things you said.

Rewards page/app, Game pass quests, Xbox app, Start app. The daily/weekly/monthly quests compound on top.

The shopping game was a nice 100 points every day but that got axed a few months ago sadly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom