• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Probably won’t bother as much with this anymore.

I've got enough points at the minute to redeem for 21 months of GPU.

My current GPU is stacked until end of 2025.

If it ever gets to the stage where I’ve ran out of points I’ll just buy 3 months for £22 (as it is here) from CD Keys.

Antwix

z0x64ebro44c1.jpeg

Yeah this is crumbling at a pretty rapid pace now. That OP is from India and I saw that Mexico and Brazil has a similar message. Nothing for US yet...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"Sale" on some Reward items.

3 months GPU normally is 36,000 points.

3 months of PC GPU can be converted to 2 months of GPU, which is pretty cost effective.

hTAoxK3.jpg

Nitty_Grimes

I know its only a paltry 5 points but the unlock an achievement in Game Pass hasnt worked all week.

Anyone else?

Kilau

I know its only a paltry 5 points but the unlock an achievement in Game Pass hasnt worked all week.

Anyone else?

Same here, at first it seemed delayed by a day but now it’s just not working. Yes it’s just 5 points but it also counts for the daily tracking we need to unlock the 500 point monthly.

Nitty_Grimes

Looking on help and support there is an open ticket about it so hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Pantz

They're doing the 15 minute search limit in US now too.
It's gonna take all day to type out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee one letter at a time.

Nitty_Grimes

I think the 5 points for an achievement is fixed.

However in recent achievements notification still says last Thursday was the last time I got an achievement (which is bullshit as I got one today)

Nitty_Grimes

Also dunno whether to just use all my points (over 200k) and just fuck this rewards thing off. Its only gonna get shittier.

I’m good for GPU until December 2025 at this point. What to spend 240,000 odd points on…

Nitty_Grimes

Update: not fixed after all. Unlocked an achievement yesterday still saying unlock an achievement for 5G.

Kilau

Finished this month with 23k points, not bad but that included nearly 3k for purchases and the 2.5k bonus for weekly streaks on Xbox. With that considered, it was way down. I slogged through the 15 min cooldown to still do all my searches this month but unless that goes away in the new year, I AM DONE. I saw posts on the rewards reddit of people deactivating their accounts, I won't do that but I sure as shit won't be dealing with this nonsense beyond the simple quick stuff I do anyway.

boY5gR5.jpg

adamsapple

20.9K this month, don't think I made any big purchases beyond BG3 (via VPN).

Also multiple people are reporting on the Rewards reddit that the 15 minute cooldown is being removed for them. Here's hoping it gets dropped universally for everyone asap.

ManaByte

20.9K this month, don't think I made any big purchases beyond BG3 (via VPN).

Also multiple people are reporting on the Rewards reddit that the 15 minute cooldown is being removed for them. Here's hoping it gets dropped universally for everyone asap.
I think they just did that to stop people from using batch files to spam points on PC.

Kilau

15 min bullshit still in effect for me. I checked my boss’s rewards account at work today, he has the 15 min cooldown also despite never maxing his daily points.

BlackTron

I heard something about the $1 deal being back. Seems like they just tightened things up so you couldn't play the most important game of the generation at launch that easily.

My GP runs out this month so I might try it...but I need to get forensic and use a guide

Nitty_Grimes

5 pointers and 10 pointers are back for me. No more 1 and 2.
Other than my daily set (which has always been 10 or 30 or that this or that thing) I've got one today for 5 points the solve this picture puzzle.

Nothing else. Yesterday (even if they were 2's or 1's I had several)

Pantz

Other than my daily set (which has always been 10 or 30 or that this or that thing) I've got one today for 5 points the solve this picture puzzle.

Nothing else. Yesterday (even if they were 2's or 1's I had several)
Me too but the previous ones now say 5 and 10 for me, even if they were 1 and 2 at the time.

Phobos Base

I only wanted to get 12k a month to get free Game Pass, but with the way it's been gutted that feels like it will be a real struggle without being too much effort to be worth it.

adamsapple

I only wanted to get 12k a month to get free Game Pass, but with the way it's been gutted that feels like it will be a real struggle without being too much effort to be worth it.

Hmm, I wouldn't say that. I was 21.9K last month with all of their reductions and cool downs, and I didn't have any big streak bonuses from the App either.

I think GPU per month is still very easily doable.

Topher

Gold Member
Hmm, I wouldn't say that. I was 21.9K last month with all of their reductions and cool downs, and I didn't have any big streak bonuses from the App either.

I think GPU per month is still very easily doable.

Can you break down where all those points are coming from?

adamsapple

Can you break down where all those points are coming from?

Sure, this is what I do:

- Daily searches (Bing + mobile)
- Start App points for 'reading' news articles and daily check-in points
- Xbox phone app: Jewel, daily PC game, daily check-in points
- msn.com "gaming" tab daily points for clicking the tile (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't)
- Game Pass daily/weekly/monthly quests
- rewards.msn.com all the daily tiles, they also stack to give point bonuses after a week or so
- Rewards console app, it has slowed down how frequently you get point ops, but it still has them
- Bing daily 'this or that' game, you get points for selecting answers and then later if your answers are 'right', you can get more points (https://bit.ly/RHVersus)

Topher

Gold Member
Sure, this is what I do:

- Daily searches (Bing + mobile)
- Start App points for 'reading' news articles and daily check-in points
- Xbox phone app: Jewel, daily PC game, daily check-in points
- msn.com "gaming" tab daily points for clicking the tile (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't)
- Game Pass daily/weekly/monthly quests
- rewards.msn.com all the daily tiles, they also stack to give point bonuses after a week or so
- Rewards console app, it has slowed down how frequently you get point ops, but it still has them
- Bing daily 'this or that' game, you get points for selecting answers and then later if your answers are 'right', you can get more points (https://bit.ly/RHVersus)

Are the rewards from the console app different from the phone app? And isn't the console app going away?

adamsapple

Are the rewards from the console app different from the phone app? And isn't the console app going away?

The console reward app still works, no idea when it will be sunset but I'm using it as long as lets me, and yeah at the start of the week, the console app populates like 7, 8 tiles. The Start/Xbox app doesn't have the same tiles on the phone.

adamsapple

Happy for you.

1nhqil.jpg

It has to be a gradual rollout, I just got these a day or so ago, other people on the rewards reddit have been getting the full point stuff back week(s) ago. Everyone should get all these back soon hopefully.

adamsapple

Happy to see those +10 tiles but search cool down is still there for me 😞
The six second cool down between searches is still there, but at least that 15 min one is gone. I can at least do all the searches in a single couple-minute session now.

Topher Topher RE: previous post, this is what the console app tiles are, they basically update every other day-ish.

M0xOElZ.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
The six second cool down between searches is still there, but at least that 15 min one is gone. I can at least do all the searches in a single couple-minute session now.

Topher Topher RE: previous post, this is what the console app tiles are, they basically update every other day-ish.

M0xOElZ.jpg

Ah....yeah, I remember that from when I owned an Xbox.

Not sure what the cooldown is but is a lot more than 6 seconds for me.

Last edited:

Antwix

The ~15min one is still there for me. At this point, I don't care about the 6 second delay. That one is fine, whatever lol.

At least they are loosening up a bit though.

adamsapple

New daily console quest and weekly 250 pts quest added to the rewards app now.

Sheeat, nice additions.

edit: oh wow, some folks have the weekly quest at 500 pts a week. I want that :(

LDK9bj9.jpg

Last edited:

Pantz

Any game suggestions for quick and steady daily achievements?
Not necessary to 100%, just games with lots of quick achievements.
My suggestion: Ravenlok. 50 achievements, I think and they're all very quick.
Going to finish it soon though and looking for the next.

Topher

Gold Member

Rewards Hunter has guides for games that have some easy achievements. I follow a part of his guide to get one per day. Right now I'm playing through Contrast and they are really easy.

Kilau

Another good list to look at if you haven’t.

adamsapple

All the TellTale Walking Dead games are on game pass.

They all have 30~ achievements each and they're all unlocked by just following the story, there is absolutely no side questing in them.

That's what I use. Play 3, 5 minutes, unlock achievement, put the game back on Quick Resume for the next day.

----

Also, this is yesterday's haul just from the Rewards app, not bad lol.

Pw2ozEW.jpg

Nitty_Grimes

You really must be on the payroll mate. For me I get:-

Play Jewel - 5 points
Use the app -10 points
Play a PC game - 10 points
Keep 7+ friends - 5 points

The other stuff (like subscribe to GP etc.) nothing like that.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
All the TellTale Walking Dead games are on game pass.

They all have 30~ achievements each and they're all unlocked by just following the story, there is absolutely no side questing in them.

That's what I use. Play 3, 5 minutes, unlock achievement, put the game back on Quick Resume for the next day.

----

Also, this is yesterday's haul just from the Rewards app, not bad lol.

Pw2ozEW.jpg

Those points don't even add up to 685

Nevermind. They do. I thought there were subtotals in there.

You really must be on the payroll mate. For me I get:-

Play Jewel - 5 points
Use the app -10 points
Play a PC game - 10 points
Keep 7+ friends - 5 points

The other stuff (like subscribe to GP etc.) nothing like that.

You are on Xbox console?

Last edited:
Top Bottom