• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft surveying interest in Alan Wake + Xbox One Remaster

GamingKaiju

Will buy QB day 1 if that's the case. I'm hoping that American Nightmare is included because I never got a chance to play it.

Loved AW on 360.

Angel_DvA

I don't know about a remaster, the PC version is pretty good and can be found for almost nothing now, a Sequel ? yes please.

Still hope for QB to release this year but I don't think it'll be the case, 2016 seems more realistic to me.

Nugg

I loved Alan Wake, it's one of my favorite games of last gen. But no. Fuck remasters. Enough is enough. Those consoles have been out for what, a year and a half now? I want new games.

I loved Alan Wake, it's one of my favorite games of last gen. But no. Fuck remasters. Enough is enough. Those consoles have been out for what, a year and a half now? I want new games.

Good thing it would come as a preorder bonus for a new aaa game

Bgamer90

Banned

*There are many new games coming out.
*Remasters help support new games being made for these new consoles with user bases that don't compare to PS3/360.
*Remasters are good ways to introduce new people to games, therefore causing the (true next gen) sequel/entry to potentially get more sales.
*Current gen consoles aren't backwards compatible.

Simply don't buy them if you don't like them. They aren't ruining anything.

Chris1

A free copy of AW remastered with QB...? Is QB not aiming to be out in September? unless they do it ODST style and release AW later for those who preordered QB.

I'd welcome an AW remaster and if Remedy are planning AW2 then it's probably for the best considering AW360 sold like shit... just avoid Rockstar next time.

Koobion

I was always really interested in this game, but never had a chance to play it until the PC version was released. It was definitely worth the wait for me, as the PC port was fantastic. If a sequel indeed does come out, I'll be more than happy to buy it on PC.

Nugg

Good thing it would come as a preorder bonus for a new aaa game

Yeah, sure, as a bonus, why not.

*There are many new games coming out.
*Remasters help support new games being made for these new consoles with user bases that don't compare to PS3/360.
*Remasters are good ways to introduce new people to games, therefore causing the (true next gen) sequel/entry to potentially get more sales.
*Current gen consoles aren't backwards compatible.

Simply don't buy them if you don't like them. They aren't ruining anything though.

That's what I meant actually, I just don't buy them. But I do not agree when you say that there are many games coming out. I see many people getting excited about rumors of Gears trilogy remasters, Uncharted HD or God of War remasters, but I can't help wishing those companies would focus their limited resources on new stuff.

Take this Alan Wake remake for example. It's cool in theory, even if it's not for me. But isn't Remedy already struggling with QB? The game is already late as it is and is rumored to get even further delays. When would they have time to remake AW in time for it to be a preorder incentive? Remasters like that are still a lot of work.

Bgamer90

Banned
That's what I meant actually, I just don't buy them. But I do not agree when you say that there are many games coming out. I see many people getting excited about rumors of Gears trilogy remasters, Uncharted HD or God of War remasters, but I can't help wishing those companies would focus their limited resources on new stuff.

Bloodborne, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo 5, Splatoon, Rainbow Six Siege, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, Star Wars Battlefront, Forza Motorsport 6, the various sequels to sports games, new COD, etc. -- there's a good amount of content coming to the current gen consoles that aren't remasters.

When would they have time to remake AW in time for it to be a preorder incentive? Remasters like that are still a lot of work.

I wouldn't think so if it's a simple 1080p port with DLC. Doesn't have to be a full fledged remaster like we saw with other games. Doesn't have to be done by them either -- could get a smaller team to do it.

A free copy of AW remastered with QB...? Is QB not aiming to be out in September? unless they do it ODST style and release AW later for those who preordered QB.

I'd welcome an AW remaster and if Remedy are planning AW2 then it's probably for the best considering AW360 sold like shit... just avoid Rockstar next time.

Since it just remaster, i think Remedy/MS won't mind let other developer to do the port of XB1 ver AW.
So i don't think it will effect QB's development progress.

Nugg

Bloodborne, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo 5, Splatoon, Rainbow Six Siege, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, Star Wars Battlefront, Forza Motorsport 6, the various sequels to sports games, new COD, etc. -- there's a good amount of content coming to the current gen consoles that aren't remasters.

This is another debate and I'm afraid to go off topic, but I prefer to consider released games. We don't know anything about the quality of these games, if they'll be delayed or not, or even if they'll even work properly, given recent AAA history. This gen hasn't been exactly stellar so far.

I wouldn't think so if it's a simple 1080p port with DLC. Doesn't have to be a full fledged remaster like we saw with other games. Doesn't have to be done by them either -- could get a smaller team to do it.

Sure ok. Survey says remaster though.

WITHE1982

TBH I'd vote for an Alan Wake HD remaster all day long on the off chance that it increases the probability of a real Alan Wake sequel being released... and I don't even own an XboxOne.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
One of my favorite games last gen, but I don't think I'd want to replay it. It already looked and played well in my eyes, so I probably wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference.

kharma45

I don't know about a remaster, the PC version is pretty good and can be found for almost nothing now, a Sequel ? yes please.

Still hope for QB to release this year but I don't think it'll be the case, 2016 seems more realistic to me.

Yeah AW on PC is dirt cheap and runs extremely well too.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
All my yes. I loved AW, still has the most satisfying gunplay in a third person game. Bought both versions and would buy again for my XBO, would love if it's more than a res bump tho.

Chris1

Since it just remaster, i think Remedy/MS won't mind let other developer to do the port of XB1 ver AW.
So i don't think it will effect QB's development progress.

I mean that if it's a remaster and not just an upressed port, it should take longer than a few months, even if it is another studio doing it... But after reading OP again maybe it has been in the works for a while as it doesn't ask whether or not you'd be interested in it or not at all, just whether you'd be interested in it as a preorder incentive from QB.

I just remembered one thing I hated about alan wake, the motion blur caused me to be sick when playing and I couldn't really play it for very long periods of time.. I think I could only play it in 30 min-1hour bursts. I hope they give an option to turn that off on the remaster/port if it happens.

Alan Wake..... Remaster!!!!!!

shutupandtakemymoney.gif /avatar quote

I know they keep having all these surveys trying to look at interest but this is one that needs to happen! Oh and a sequel here once QB is done.

gaming_noob

I enjoyed the slow parts of the game, specifically the institution area. It really felt like we were dealing with real lived-in people. A remake would be appreciated if it's cheap or comes with Quantum Break...

mocoworm

Day 1

84994cc5364afe5c7a1a6bd8a888c058430fc5ccecdccdd763da394d51ec6396.jpg

gaming_noob

What, what? Did Alan Wake break 1 mil. worldwide on X360? IIRC, Remedy said that sales are good when Alan Wake for PC came out.

Anyway, really good game.

That's the whole reason they're doing a survey then, right? Why would they do one for a highly successful game that they know for sure would sell?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just replayed the game and American Nightmare on PC and man has this game aged well.
If a remaster would get new people to the series and ensure me a possible sequel I'm all for it.

derFeef

That's the whole reason they're doing a survey then, right? Why would they do one for a highly successful game that they know for sure would sell?

It's not a survey about making a remaster, but the survey suggests that a remaster is already in the works.

Genio88

Alan Wake is my game of the gen, please microsoft give me the remastered version, and of course it has to be even better than the PC version, which i played too

D-VoN

I bought Alan Wake last year on PC... still haven't played it. Might give it shot this week before Bloodborne.

Top Bottom