• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft surveying interest in Alan Wake + Xbox One Remaster

I loved Alan Wake, it's one of my favorite games of last gen. But no. Fuck remasters. Enough is enough. Those consoles have been out for what, a year and a half now? I want new games.

This narrative is growing increasingly silly.

Most of the remasters we have gotten so far, if not ALL OF THEM, have been OUTSOURCED to 3rd parties, they aren't being made by the original studio. The most the original studio is doing is providing guidance, answering questions, helping out if need be, ect. All the heavy lifting on the ports/remasters are likely taking almost no dev time away from the NEW games that these studios are creating.

Plus, Sony put it pretty well when they talked about the decision to remaster The Last of Us for PS4. They found out that "X" percentage of new PS4 owners never owned a PS3, so remastering 1st party titles makes sense to expose those new customers in your ecosystem to your games. Now, obviously non-1st party titles don't follow this same logic, but in that case, refer to my 1st point.

Halabane

nope. hey how about remastering the old halo games...that would be fun to play. sorry cheap shot and it does seem to be getting better...

not sure what from the old catalog of exclusives i would want remastered....I think I would rather see them spend money going forward with new IP

Derpyduck

Banned
Loved the game but I don't have the desire to ever play it again. Even if it was free. MS would be better off paying to remake popular third party games from last gen like Red Dead.

An Alan Wake re-release on XB1 would be so awesome. This honestly made my day, as I would LOVE to play this again....I really hope it's coming!

However was granted this survey NEEDS to tell them to go for the remaster. (and them buy it)

I don't mind the remaster that much, but Alan Wake 2 has to happen!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm all over qb, but I'd love to play through an uprezed aw too. I love that game and if there is ever to be a chance for a sequel they need to introduce the IP to new players and keep it in the public eye. With the PC version out there, hopefully its an easy task

ike_

There are a few games that would make me buy an Xbox One, this is one of them.

Right on. The sound design and campy atmosphere in this game is phenomenal. Music too. Especially fantastic after a drink or two.

This would put me real close to biting. Would have to offer at least some small features over the PC version though.

As someone that used to be named "MrWake" on here, I cannot express how excited I am about the possibility that we might get a port/remaster of my favourite game of all time. Not to mention I replay it every May and October.
Seriously, I would buy the hell out of it. Especially if it could potentially get us a sequel...
I want to do this survey, I'll have to see if it was dumped into the junk folder.

Leflus

Will definitely buy it if it gets an Xbox One version. It was one of the most atmospheric games I played last gen.

I've been meaning to revisit it, but I'd rather play an upgraded version if possible.

Edit: No... wait... I'm all about that in-game assault rifle now.

*There are many new games coming out.
*Remasters help support new games being made for these new consoles with user bases that don't compare to PS3/360.
*Remasters are good ways to introduce new people to games, therefore causing the (true next gen) sequel/entry to potentially get more sales.
*Current gen consoles aren't backwards compatible.

Simply don't buy them if you don't like them. They aren't ruining anything.

hell if they are going to do a remaster they might as well do that for phantom dust, that is a game that actually needs a remaster so people understand its history a bit,
but its okay i rather have them focusing on the new one and maybe later on if its successful enough they will do a remaster of the older one.

Hell, I would buy an extra copy or two if they sold it separately.
I'd rather they put a bit of effort into it instead of making it a pre-order incentive however, especially if it would mean a CE. It'll be 5 years old May 18th so it would somewhat make sense.
Maybe this would finally give them a reason to release the OST on iTunes. I need some "Poet and the Muse" in my iCloud.

Links_fantasy

I don't see the point when it would basically be the PC version, as I got that for under $10, and already had it on 360. If it helps build interest for a sequel though then I guess so.

Muffdraul

I really liked Alan Wake and haven't replayed it since a couple months after it came out. I'd buy a remaster if the price was right. I have absolutely nothing against remasters.

Hell yes, one of my favorite games last generation. Would buy again. Mainly because I want Alan Wake 2 (after QB), so if this helps convince them, then I'll help with that cause.

Harknesss2245

Neo Member
Not a game I'd want to play again. I already had my fill with it with the 360 version.

You don't need to feel the obligation to give us a remedy title because Quantum got pushed back MS. Especially if its sloppy work and is rushed into the Fall to fill the void (master chief collection).

kevin1025

Banned
That's such a specific title for an Alan Wake remaster that it sounds like a real thing. I could see it being one of the fall games announced at E3, so that Remedy has a game this fall with Quantum Break in 2016.

therapist

Eh , i have it on pc no need for a remaster.

Loved the game though and wouldnt be opposed to it - however id prefer a sequel , obviously - american nightmare was also good but too damn short

A-a-a-a remaster?

nUQQUB1.gif

There is no need for this, a PC version is already available.

PC is completely irrelevant in this scenario. Its also on 360, so surely that makes there no "need" for this?

Xbox One will be the main focus for a sequel if it happens, people saying "give me a sequel instead!" clearly don't understand that this remaster could make that much closer to reality.

It makes sense for the publisher who is also the platform holder and the people that funded the games existence in the first place put it on their current generation console which its currently not available on. Not everyone has or cares about playing it on a PC that can run it, 360s are much cheaper anyway if they were so inclined to invest in new hardware for it.

thuway

Isn't there a PC version with every effect amped to the max? It would essentially be the PC port... I'd be in if they did something more than just a straight across port.

Top Bottom