• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to discuss 'unique Xbox One exclusive' during Gamescom showcase

Daingurse

Interested in the unique exclusive. Xbone doesn't quite have my interest yet, waiting for that game that will make me nice and salty as opposed to apathetic.

R3TRODYCE

It's time to let go. Don't become an increasingly bitter man as the months and years pass by and there's no sign of a new VP game.

I've travelled down that road with too many games, Heed my warning friend. Don't follow in my footsteps, there's only bitterness and anger.

Not going to lie, I chuckled a good bit and said damn.

KAL2006

Banned
I have a gut feeling this Gamescom will be disappointing for MS fans. I expect lots of talk about exclusive mode on FIFA, more Kinect games like Kinect Fitness, Exclusive Indie game or two. And finally media features for Europe. Perhaps a Fable MMO if we're lucky. And people saying Crackdown 3, this game is probably far too early to reveal, if they do its probably just a shitty logo.

V_Ben

Banned
'Unique' is an interesting descriptor.

I guess any exclusive is unique, by definition. Wonder if its what Lift London is working on.

Or Lionhead.

Sean

Banned
I'd bet that the "unique exclusive" is some quirky indie game.

Gamescom was supposed to be their 'big announcement' of their indies support wasn't it?

JaggedSac

Crackdown is sounding a lot like it will not be making a showing here. Curious to what the unique exclusive will be.

As an aside, the dude apparently plays a lot of DOTA.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I have a gut feeling this Gamescom will be disappointing for MS fans. I expect lots of talk about exclusive mode on FIFA, more Kinect games like Kinect Fitness, Exclusive Indie game or two. And finally media features for Europe. Perhaps a Fable MMO if we're lucky. And people saying Crackdown 3, this game is probably far too early to reveal, if they do its probably just a shitty logo.

This is cool by me. I want to see a good Kinect fitness game.

jbug617

Banned
They already announced a partnership with EA Sports so I can see them showing Fifa on Xbox One.

Famous Mortimer prior to E3 has said he heard of Xbox having League of Legends and Hawken as exclusives.

Ultimate Singer extravaganza the real competitor to SingStar.... also Europe's important franchise is probably Fifa... yay

Really hope for 'unique' to be a plat-former

Raide

I was thinking Fifa.. surely they can't be exclusive... possibly content or something.

I know EA have the Fifa stuff wrapped up and I am sure Sony has some deal that ends soonish (2014 I think) Maybe MS are trying to grab that since they seem so friendly with EA.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I know EA have the Fifa stuff wrapped up and I am sure Sony has some deal that ends soonish. Maybe MS are trying to grab that since they seem so friendly with EA.

MS already announced they took over that FIFA deal with EA on the May 21st reveal. They said there would be exclusive DLC but haven't mentioned it. Also all the videos and press thus far has been 360 version.

El_Chino

You don't say...

IHaveIce

Banned
This has to be something alongside Crackdown... Crackdown franchise is weird to announce at Gamescom, given the first to games are banned here or extremely cut.

Either something completely new or what would we consider as unique...when I think about older Rare titles unique strikes me as a fitting word.

Unique might be the time exclusive below game

No.
1. It was already announced. and 2. Like you already stated, it's not a true exclusive.

Crackdown 3 would be my guess or something from one of their brand new studios.

I'm not sure Lionhead wants to talk about their new project when they still have Fable Anniversary to promote.

Viva Pinata 3, LET'S GO!

I fucking love Viva Pinata, I've been wanting a third one for years now. Anything from Rare, please. Banjo-Threeie, Viva Pinata. Bring it Microsoft. Either of the two are system sellers to me.

Krakn3Dfx

How much time will they spend reiterating the list of 180s they've done since E3? I imagine there will be a slideshow of things they are changing as a result of listening to their customers, right?

More Titanfall footage as well I'm thinking.

Would love to see something related to Crackdown 3, but I'm starting to think that's being too optimistic.

SiRatul

They'll surely elaborate on that FIFA 14 Ultimate Team exclusive content they mentioned and maybe some time exclusive DLCs. And that's probably all there is to Europe's biggest franchise since there isn't stuff like fantasy soccer over here in Europe.

Skeff

Pretty sure 'unique' beans kinect or app. I'm still thinking it's a fantasy football app, which would of course be a few months too late but never mind.

a.wd

If its crackdown 3 then I may step out of my self imposed "no next gen due to no back compat huff" and maybe try one out at game.

but i'm just trying it, no guarantees...

CharLeay

Neo Member
Seriously.

I think some of the Gaffer have no idea what outside looks like.

Europe's greatest franchise is Football (that's Soccer for North America). Fantasy leagues similar to NBA and American Football as was announced some time ago at E3.

To be perfectly honest..... I haven't got a fawking clue!

Does this mean Microsoft have blown their Launch year load then?

A small presentation showing one more exclusive and Fifa DLC? Isnt that a bit......sparce?

jaypah

Titanfall, cloud, blah blah blah.

Yup. Titanfall makes sense because it's unique and hasn't been announced yet so he couldn't mention it by name and Cloud: Blah Blah Blah is Europe's biggest franchise, so you're probably right. :p

Anyway, having actually read the OP I hope it's Kinect related especially since KSR slipped from launch.

Top Bottom