• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to discuss 'unique Xbox One exclusive' during Gamescom showcase

iceatcs

'Unique' is an interesting descriptor.

I guess any exclusive is unique, by definition. Wonder if its what Lift London is working on.

Or Lionhead.

I think Lift London only doing OS apps, such as Sky, Netflix for PAL area.
[edit] Nah they update more detail few weeks ago, 4 F2P projects.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Does this mean Microsoft have blown their Launch year load then?

A small presentation showing one more exclusive and Fifa DLC? Isnt that a bit......sparce?

The powder keg has to run dry at some point. It'll probably be similar to Sony's E3 where we get more detailed showings of launch window games with one new announcement thrown in.

I think that's fine as long as expectations are in check.

iMax

Regarding the Europe's biggest franchise it doesn't mean necessarily a game right - could be they managed to get similar deal for FIFA like the NFL deal

This. If Microsoft signs up FIFA, they've got a better chance at getting Europe locked up. Although, the TV integration is US only at launch, so maybe not...

Alx

This. If Microsoft signs up FIFA, they've got a better chance at getting Europe locked up.

In other times, the Champion's League (which Sony sponsors) would have been bigger, but there's a World Cup coming in 2014 after all... I wonder if they could try to get into that.

sense

This. If Microsoft signs up FIFA, they've got a better chance at getting Europe locked up. Although, the TV integration is US only at launch, so maybe not...

they already announced an exclusive mode for fifa at the may 21 reveal. it most likely isn't big. at first it seemed like they locked up fifa ultimate team exclusive to xbox one which is pretty significant, then it was clarified that ultimate team is coming to both ps4 and xbox one but xbox one gets an exclusive mode within ultimate team lol.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-exclusive-fifa-14-ultimate-team-content-for-xbox-one

Jachaos

With the recent comments about Crackdown 3, the image of it during the Xbox One reveal and Crackdown being a free game this month, I'm pretty sure they'll talk about that. Now that they've done so many 180s, I'll keep an eye on the game for when I might get a One down the road, in a few years.

jim2011

With the recent comments about Crackdown 3, the image of it during the Xbox One reveal and Crackdown being a free game this month, I'm pretty sure they'll talk about that. Now that they've done so many 180s, I'll keep an eye on the game for when I might get a One down the road, in a few years.

I agree we'll see Crackdown 3 but I don't think it's the game they're referring to. It'd be pretty lame if they only had one new game.

The powder keg has to run dry at some point. It'll probably be similar to Sony's E3 where we get more detailed showings of launch window games with one new announcement thrown in.

I think that's fine as long as expectations are in check.

I think that is very dangerous with Sony bound to show a bunch of new IPs, fleshed out games, indie titles and a solid EU release date.

Still I guess Europe is sony territory anyway.

U2NUMB

I would accept any of these games that feature a 3 at the end.

Viva PInata 3
Crackdown 3
Mech Assault 3
Rally Sport 3

Satchel

Banned
Crackdown 3 was my first instinct, but then "unique" threw me off.

If we get a "unique" exclusive in the vein of Viva Piñata, all good.

Karak

IP is dead. We're more likely to get a sequel to Jade Empire than we are to get a third VP.

Jezuz christ. How is it possible you contained that much soul crushing defeat in one sentence man? My future kids will be mentally impaired from that thing:( Damn.

Codernaut

Banned
He didn't say they're going to discuss an 'unannounced' game so he could be talking about Quantum Break. Maybe they'll show a gameplay video or explain some of the mechanics and whatnot.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
He didn't say they're going to discuss an 'unannounced' game so he could be talking about Quantum Break. Maybe they'll show a gameplay video or explain some of the mechanics and whatnot.

Remedy have already said there will be barely any Quantum Break news at Gamescom.

Bsigg12

Crackdown 3 with a God damn Smartglass app that helps you find the damn orbs. I have 2, 2 fucking agility orbs left in the original Crackdown and can't find them!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think that is very dangerous with Sony bound to show a bunch of new IPs, fleshed out games, indie titles and a solid EU release date.

Still I guess Europe is sony territory anyway.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MS has 12 or so titles announced for Xbox One while Sony has only has 5 for PS4. We already knew the numbers would even up between the two somewhere along the way. People just need to maintain perspective and not overreact one way or another.

Top Bottom