• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft trademarks "Eden Falls"

bananas

Banned
Windows 8 apps will be able to run on Xbox One soon, right?

So as long as they add controller support, any Win8 game can be ported over to Xbox One pretty easily. Or am I mistaken?

TrueGrime

Dat hype deflating on 4/20 day.

squidward-deflate-o.gif

iMax

Eden Falls, eh? What’s that supposed to be? A disease?
Eden Falls is a science fiction themed role-playing game, featuring deeply tactical turn-based combat and an exciting story of epic proportions. The game will be published episodically.

Who exactly are you guys anyway?
The game is being developed by Brimstone Interactive, an independent studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Our team currently consists of 5 awesome people with experience from companies such as Supercell, RedLynx, Mountain Sheep and Recoil Games.

Alright. What platforms will the game be coming out?
Our primary target is to release the game on tablets first (iOS, Android, Windows), with a HD version for PC coming out a bit later. Don’t hold us to it, though, since we’ve only been working full time on the project for a few months.

When are you planning to release Eden Falls?
We aim to release the first episode in Fall 2014 for iOS and Android tablets. The PC release schedule has not been decided yet.

What kind of an age rating can I expect? Is it going to be violent?
Eden Falls will deal with some heavy topics and is thus targeted towards a mature, adult audience. Sex, drugs and violence will all play their part through out the story.

Will the game be single-player only? What about multiplayer?
Yes. Eden Falls is designed from the ground up as a single player RPG. We have no plans to include any multiplayer functionality in the first episode at least. Future multiplayer support is possible for the later releases.

And the system requirements are?
You’ll be able to play the game on any modern tablet device. Hardware requirements for the PC version have not been estimated yet.

What about peripherals like gamepads?
Due to the nature of the game, this will be something we’ll have to look into in the future. We’ll most likely have no support for gamepads or other types of controllers for Episode 1.

How much will it cost?
We don’t know yet.

Will there be a demo of the game?
A demo version for the PC is a possibility, yes. This is yet again one of those things we’ll just have to see about later on.

Development
What stage of development are you in at the moment?
We are currently in the prototype phase of development. To be more specific, we are working on the core components of the game, such as basic combat and enemy AI, turn-based logic, action points and such. Much of our time has gone into programming our very own level editor and tools, which will be used to make the actual game.

What game engine are you using?
We’re using the wonderful Unity game engine, since it gives us cutting edge, industry standard features without compromising flexibility.

Will I be able to mod the game?
We’re putting a lot of effort into building a comprehensive toolset for us to use and have planned to release said tools to the players at some later point. We’d rather take the time to make them user friendly first, instead of releasing a set of cryptic pieces of code no one will understand. As usual, we’ll let you know once the situation develops.

Where are the screenshots and gameplay videos?
At the very moment, nowhere. Let’s just say that the gameplay stuff we have now is better left unseen. We’ll be uploading some sweet concept art and such, once the time is right. Watch this space.

I'm sure this will see a console release just like Spartan Assault did
I just hope it's a better quality game than Spartan Assault.

Warablo

Ok, hold on here.. How come everyone is thinking of Alan Wake? Because I thought of it also, Bright Falls?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Wait, Lift is working on a mature audience title? That's potentially very interesting. I pegged them as doing Bejeweled clones or something.

Perhaps more interested in seeing what they come up with than any other Microsoft title on deck other than SWERY's thing. Expect good things from this one—art and concept both sound cool.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Episodic and for tablets/mobile?

There's no way this isn't going to be either F2P or microtransaction-heavy.
Still, my iPad is ready.

blakep267

I mean it's strange but I guess if mobile RPGs are what's gonna bring in the money so be it. Still would prefer resources be used for the console

Well as somebody who's getting all gold stars in Halo Spartan Assault, I say bring it.

The game is being developed by Brimstone Interactive, an independent studio based in Helsinki, Finland.

Who's Brimstone Interactive?

LowerLevel

Did MS sell the Shadowrun IP? And can't MS "theoreically" just make this an id@xbox, or whatever it's called, at a later date?

Alan Wake: Eden Falls anyone?!

The description sounds interesting, hope to hear more soon

Worth noting Phil did suggest their second game might be on console but the first would be touch devices...

no joke, this was the first thing i thought about.

Same here.

I can keep of dreaming about a new Alan Wake.

Expected Alan Wake.

Got iOS title.

Leaving Sad.

LowerLevel

Licensed it out.

Im not sure about the ID@Xbox bit though, I mean they could? But if its an MS property why would they?

Licensed doesn't mean sold though. Hmm..... And I got mixed up with some other possibility that came up, maybe dx12 or something where apps or whatever could theoretically just be "ported" from W8 to Xb1 or something like that. Maybe they saw the success of Telltale's and Harebrained recent efforts and decided to "try their luck"
wishful thinking, I know...

turn based tablet and pc only

what a waste of ressources

Its not likes a secret Microsoft have a variety of platforms to support based on the products they make - Xbox consoles, PC/Windows and Windows Phone 8.

Waste of resources because its not some AAA/console production? Who knows maybe the game is actually fun?

For what its worth, Quantum Break was seemingly filed by Microsoft (or at least the trademark given to them) after it was announced so presumably any AAA or otherwise related projects are unlikely to leak via trademarking. It seems they arent as bothered by their mobile/smaller titles leaking as shown by Throne Together.

Well as somebody who's getting all gold stars in Halo Spartan Assault, I say bring it.

The game is being developed by Brimstone Interactive, an independent studio based in Helsinki, Finland.

Who's Brimstone Interactive?
This is what I'm wondering as well. Maybe Brimstone was originally working on this as a small game and Microsoft acquired it?

Not much info but heres a bit on Brimstone Interactive

Founded in 2009. Resurrected in 2014.

Brimstone is an independent game development studio based in Helsinki, Finland. We are currently working on our very first, yet unannounced, title to be released on iOS/Android tablets and PC some time around Q4 2014.

We are a group of connoisseurs and craftsmen, committed to delivering high quality entertainment above anything else. We strongly feel that there's more than enough mediocre games out there that simply do nothing for anyone, so we've taken it upon ourselves to bring you unforgettable, emotion-filled gaming experiences on a variety of platforms and devices. Prepare to be amazed.

Website but doesn't lead anywhere

06ca6d6.png

Top Bottom