• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft trademarks "Eden Falls"

Chettlar

Banned
Not much info but heres a bit on Brimstone Interactive

Website but doesn't lead anywhere

06ca6d6.png

Interesting. Even if this is a mainly mobile company by the look of things, hopefully they'll turn out great.

That statement is really weird though. "Unforgettable, emotion-filled gaming experiences"? On mobile?

Maybe they just mean they're starting on mobile and will move to console/PC based games?

iMax

Well this certainly got my attention.

Has Microsoft revived Lionhead's Eden Falls project for Xbox One?
Earlier this week, it was discovered that Microsoft had filed a trademark for "Eden Falls" in the US, with reference to "entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game".

Reporters quickly linked the trademark to a mobile game in development at Brimstone Interactive, cue mass disappointment on the part of Xbox One enthusiasts. Here's something slightly more exciting to consider: "Eden Falls" is also the name of a supposedly cancelled project at Lionhead, as discussed by former game designer Ollie Purkiss on his LinkedIn page. Yes, the same Lionhead that's now working on an Xbox One game that isn't Fable-related.

That would be my dream come true, but I doubt it. It seems that Project Dimitri died with Milo and Kate, and according to a quote in that Polygon article, nobody was tinkering with Milo just a year ago.

By the way, the Eden Falls Twitter account doesn't link to Lift London anymore.

Certainly is interesting, that survivor stuff is strange, would love to have seen that come to life.

Thing is, even if Lionhead are behind it it won't be out for a long time seeing as legends is pretty much likely for 2015.

Can't be a coincidence though surely?

When I get home I might have a browse at ms trademarks to see when they were filed (or awarded) compared to when they were announced.

Quantum break was trademarked after the announcement - but it could be that they did all the stuff for it and it was just given as that date (mid June 13).

Thing is, even if Lionhead are behind it it won't be out for a long time seeing as legends is pretty much likely for 2015.

Well, Lionhead used to be a multiple team studio, although apparently the whole company worked on Fable The Journey.

Can't be a coincidence though surely?

I'm afraid it can, Eden Falls doesn't strike me as a particularly imaginative title.

Post apocalyptic game with Land of the Giants tone/flavour?

3ZNHAZc.gif

Really hope they've resurrected it and it's kept the same themes/tone. Everybody's Gone to Rapture and Eden Falls? Couldn't ask for anything more...

Xbox needs a great AAA post apocalyptic survival game.

Wasn't there rumors of Lionhead working on a new IP in addition to Fable Legends?

Could this be it?

Slashlen

So it's either a mobile/tablet POS, or it's a Lionhead game that probably won't come out until 2016-2017 due to them being busy with Fable?

The latter would at least eventually be good.

So it's either a mobile/tablet POS, or it's a Lionhead game that probably won't come out until 2016-2017 due to them being busy with Fable?

The latter would at least eventually be good.

It could definitely be both.

A retail AAA game developed by Lionhead with help from Lift London
and a mobile companion game released alongside it.

Microsoft & Lionhead did this before with the mobile game Fable Pub Games when Fable 2 came out.

The next iteration of State of Decay will be an MMO.
There is still room for a single player post apocalyptic game.in Microsoft's catalog.

The fact that MS signed Undead Labs to "multiple games" makes me believe that the MMO may not be in the cards. I could be wrong though.

The next Undead Labs game is the MMO.

Plans can and often do change. All we really know is that UDL are currently knocking up some prototypes.

I think we'll get a proper sequel to SoD with multiplayer and co-op to see how well the engine can cope with those modes and then we'll get an MMO hybrid.

The next Undead Labs game is the MMO.

Multi-Year, Multi-Game Deal

I'm just not sure. I guess it depends on your definition of MMO. I could see something like Rust or Day Z being made but I don't think we'll see a game like WOW. I just don't think they would have enough time to make "multiple games" in what I'm assuming to be the Xbox One's life cycle (or maybe a little longer) if one of them is an MMO.

I would love to be wrong on this count btw!

Chettlar

Banned
"We'll be able to share details later this year."

Hopefully something comes out of how long this "Multi-year, multi-game deal" is.

Agreed. A new game from Undead Labs is A-OK in my book. I would love if Microsoft helped them with their graphics tech. I think they could have a huge hit if they could make it look great. I'll buy it either way but the mainstream gamers need something that really pops.

Eden sure could use Lifecall?

Wonder if Microsoft will consider it noteworthy enough to show it at e3 (if it's even ready by then)

Top Bottom