• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Windows 10 event - October 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
That screen is calibrated

This is the one thing that I want this for. I need to know how it does scaling if it is HDMI in. I can't afford this shit but you know, I'd take one with Pascal in it.

Wonder what our art team thinks of this. The color/space gamut stuff alone is incredibly useful.

Until they prove it's 100% DCI P3 and comes with not only super good factory calibration but perfect settings for calibration, it's useless.

Quonny

There really, really needs to be something at the top of the screen to really hold it there. The slight bend you get when pushing on the screen I would think would be important to creators (at least the couple I know from work).

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I was considering buying a new Cintiq, but I guess not anymore.

They charge 2 grand, for just the screen. A shitty one at that.

Wacom getting sorrounded by MS and Apple. Apple on the portable front and MS on the desktop.

kiguel182

Apple messed up when their pen stuff is stuck to iOS, a non productive OS while Microsoft allows you to use their tech with actual programs.

I have no idea how Apple can compete with this given how MacOS has no touch support at all and iOS is not a productive OS as much as Apple wish it was.

harSon

Banned
With Panos at the helm, I'm excited to see what Xbox Scorpio looks like. Microsoft's devices have been downright beautiful since he's taking the reigns.

dLMN8R

Did they mention pressure sensitivity for drawing? Wacom? Same tech as the rest of the Surface line?

Microsoft bought nTrig in February of 2015 and uses that in all their Surfaces today - integrated into other touch/pen-assistive tech they call "PixelSense".

The Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 pen have 1,024 levels of pressure, but they haven't said whether the Studio spec is the same yet.

Zaph

it really destroys the iMac. Price may be insane but this is just leaps and bounds better than Apple. Will be interesting to see what Apple shows tomorrow. A spec bump would be embarrassing.

iMacs are for everybody. This formfactor may be similar, but this isn't intended to be in the same league. Probably 3x the price.

LQX

That thing looks way too big to effectively write or even draw anything on while sitting in front of it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
MS realized that Apple basically abandoned the creative community by not updating their hardware and completely misreading disregarding pen tech for so long.

Red

Microsoft bought nTrig in February of 2015 and uses that in all their Surfaces today - integrated into other touch/pen-assistive tech they call "PixelSense".

The Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 pen have 1,024 levels of pressure, but they haven't said whether the Studio spec is the same yet.
Thanks!

kiguel182

If you told me some years ago I would be thinking of buying a Microsoft computer I wouldn't believe it. Their evolution has been something to witness.

At the same time Apple has been dragging their feet when it comes to Macs.

jstripes

Banned
This design is making the iMac look a bit stale.

The only benefit the iMac has, design-wise, is that it can be put on a custom mount.

kiguel182

MS realized that Apple basically abandoned the creative community by not updating their hardware and completely misreading disregarding pen tech for so long.

Apple really dropped the ball and Microsoft catched it and ran with it.

After years of "this is the same Mac but thinner" and for last year not even that they are seeing some serious competition now.

harSon

Banned
I have to say though, this event has me kind of worried about the price of the Xbox Scorpio. It seems like they have absolutely no issues having incredibly premium priced devices as a part of their portfolio.

gamz

I have to say though, this event has me kind of worried about the price of the Xbox Scorpio. It seems like they have absolutely no issues having incredibly premium priced devices as a part of their portfolio.

can care less. I'm buying one.

Chris R

Poors buy the S, rich people get the Scorpio. Same with this. SP4 for me, this thing for the money bags ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom