• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Windows 10 event - October 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

HvySky

I knew I was never going to be able to afford it, but it's some rad looking shit regardless. Starting at $3000 is honestly less than I was expecting, though.

Airan

RIP Wacom. This is what I always dreamed of the Cintiq to be. Oh man I need to set aside some savings for this.

kiguel182

3000 and limited quantities. Well, Apple can handle that. Next year is when this will probably be more competitive.

I'll wait for a Surface 5 to see what my next laptop is going to be.

Zaph

M1i3sju.png

Welp, $2999 doesn't include Surface Dial

kmfdmpig

I doubt I'll ever get one due to the price, but hopefully the puck/dial inspires others to keep going with that idea as it seems like a nice step forward.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Holy shit

$$$4,199.00 for the 32gm version :O

If a that was a 1080M version i can kinda, sorta see that...but for a 980m no way.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The hardware in terms of the screen and dial are legit as fuck and industry leading.

That being said for $2999 the fact that you have to upgrade to get an i7 and even the top end model for $4100 uses a 980m kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Screen and the touch/pen/dial tech is next level doe.

pants

Yeah that's way too much for someone like me that occasionally doodles kamasutra stick men while bored at work

Izuna

Banned
Display
Screen: 28" PixelSense Display
Resolution: 4500 x 3000 (192 DPI)
Color settings: Adobe sRGB, DCI-P3 and Vivid Color Profiles, Individually color calibrated
Touch: 10-point multi-touch
Aspect Ratio: 3:2
Surface Pen
Zero Gravity Hinge

Processor
Quad-core 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2GB GPU GDDR5 memory or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB GPU GDDR5 memory

--

Guys LMAO only the $4k one has 980m

Alienfan

I missed most of it, but flicking through the stream could this conference be summed up as Surface Studio, new surface book and Windows update? any other announcements?

giga

Display
Screen: 28" PixelSense Display
Resolution: 4500 x 3000 (192 DPI)
Color settings: Adobe sRGB, DCI-P3 and Vivid Color Profiles, Individually color calibrated
Touch: 10-point multi-touch
Aspect Ratio: 3:2
Surface Pen
Zero Gravity Hinge

Processor
Quad-core 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2GB GPU GDDR5 memory or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB GPU GDDR5 memory

--

Guys LMAO only the $4k one has 980m
Satya has been talking to Tim Cook too much.

I don't have any use for such as device, though I feel it represents the future of computers to a certain degree. I like the idea of lessening the barrier between digital and physical. Writing on that screen looks very natural.

Somnid

Prices are really high, more than I could afford, but at least these are cool and interesting products, not like the shit Google and Apple have been peddling lately.

chrizzz09

4200$ for a 980M, lol no thanks.

But great device, nevertheless

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Zbrush would have been awesome with this thing. Same with Maya and Photoshop, but that 965 and 980m is a non starter for me.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah the price on the studio is stupid, but then I guess it's really made for people who just need to convince the IT department that they need it.

Satya wishes he could get people as excited about services as Panos can about a replacement for a mousewheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom