• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor PC Performance Thread

So I guess I have to get rid of my 2560x1600 custom resolution if I just want to run this at 1920x1200 because otherwise I can only do odd percentages of the former. I think?

CONFIRMED

Had to delete my custom 1440p resolution. You can downsample in game instead.

i5 3570k (no OC), 8GB RAM, GTX 770 4GB
15375467796_74d6a50b05_b.jpg

V Sync is on.
Settings are maxed, no HD textures applied yet.

Zeliard

Per Stallion Free, go into your Mordor DLC menu in Steam and check off "HD Content."

Texture pack should start to dl then. It's 3.7 gigs.

knitoe

How the hell do you install the HD pack? I select steam bootstrapper, but nothing happens.
QUOTE=Zeliard;132247793]Per Stallion Free, go into your Mordor DLC menu in Steam and check off "HD Content."

Texture pack should start to dl then. It's 3.7 gigs.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Found it. Thanks.

Levyne

Banned
CONFIRMED

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2941/15375467796_74d6a50b05_b.jpg[IMG]
V Sync is on.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know, thanks.

Mildly annoying to have to delete it :/

neorej

ERMYGERD!
With an i7 920@ 2.67ghz, GTX 570, and 8gb ram:

I averaged 62.9fps on the benchmark with settings at:
Resolution:1680x1050
Lighting: High
Mesh: Medium
Motion Blur: None
Shadows: Medium
Texture Filtering: Ultra
Texture Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: High
Vegetation Range: High
Tessellation On
That sounds pretty nice. I expect similar results on my i5 3.6GHz, 8GB, GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Remember people, ultra settings are being implemented quite like original Crysis, so looking back four to five years down the track it still looks crazy impressive. Don't fret if you can't run it on ultra, that doesn't mean it is a bad "port" like Dead Rising 3.

CONFIRMED

15375467796_74d6a50b05_b.jpg

V Sync is on.

What settings? That setup is almost similar to mine bar CPU (I've got 3770k).

legacyzero

Banned
Game runs like a dream at 1440p, cranked up with MEDIUM textures. Gonna attempt to see what happens with Ultra. Also, why dont I have a simple 1080p option? I only get a 2128 X 1197 resolution, and below that is 1600 X 900

Remember people, ultra settings are being implemented quite like original Crysis, so looking back four to five years down the track it still looks crazy impressive. Don't fret if you can't run it on ultra, that doesn't mean it is a bad "port" like Dead Rising 3.

What settings? That setup is almost similar to mine bar CPU (I've got 3770k).

Sorry, everything maxed including tessellation and extra stuff. I will give the textures a go later.

dreamfall

Anyone try with a 680 2GB? I won't be home for awhile, but I'm curious to see if I'll be okay :/

Waiting to upgrade to a 980 8GB or so... Whenever that is.

Game ran well (50-60fps) on high settings and only using one of my gtx670's (sli no worky) until I adjusted the gamma. Now the game is a slideshow. Literally a slideshow. Can't even navigate the menus. Reboot didn't fix it, nor did verifying game cache. :(

Zeliard

Very beginning, image taken with everything at ultra settings, including ultra texture pack installed - 1920x1200:

i6FmGCdBSIr7D.png

This is the stock Gigabyute 970 (which is superclocked by default).

xBladeM6x

Don't have the HD Content option in downloadable content, even with the right clicking it and all that. (Have restarted Steam a few times). Guess I'll just wait until it comes up until I play. Would rather get the full experience from the first moment. :3

wowzors

When i click on view downloadable content I dont see the HD content as an option, I only have three things that are all checked, weird.

Levyne

Banned
I7-4770k @ 4.4 | 3gb GTX 780 EVGA SC | 16 gb memory @2133, 1920x1200. V-sync on

Everything Ultra includng textures! (Downloaded, set to ultra, restarted game):

There seems to always be a blip at the beginning of the benchmark for the low end dip.

So 6GB is highballed?

elelunicy

Ugh, this game seems to support 21:9 aspect ratio but not 2.39:1, which is like 21.5:9. Has black bars at the side and the image is slightly cut off vertically.

Benchmark with the ultra texture pack installed.

Vram is maxed at 4079MB.

Also, what resolution is this...

Eusis

I have a 560TI hopefully it runs ok on some lower settings.
I'm hoping to hear about that, though I've already decided I should just go PS4. Still, if it actually holds up to PS4 then a Steam sale may tempt me before a console price drop.

knitoe

Looks like the game will use as much VRAM as you have.

Running the Benchmarks with max settings:

720p: 4.5GB VRAM
1152p: 4.7GB VRAM
1440p: 4.7GB VRAM

The game seems to be dynamically loading base on your VRAM size. Settings and fps may not tell the whole story. We are going to have to take pictures and compare to see if more VRAM does anything with the graphics.

Red Comet

Shit, I didn't realize this would unlock tonight, so I turned off my PC and I'm going to bed. I want to see what kind of textures I can manage with 3GBs of VRAM. I look forward to trying this out when I get home tomorrow and I'll post my results then. Maybe there will be an SLI profile by then.

Edit:

I7-4770k @ 4.4 | 3gb GTX 780 EVGA SC | 16 gb memory @2133, 1920x1200. V-sync on

Everything Ultra includng textures! (Downloaded, set to ultra, restarted game):

There seems to always be a blip at the beginning of the benchmark for the low end dip.

So 6GB is highballed?

Oh, wow this is great. I've got pretty close the same specs, so I guess I can grab the texture pack.

So...I'm still confused if I'd be getting an inferior version if I went with PC over getting it for my PS4. My PC specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate OS
Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz
8gb system Ram
Geforce GTX 760 2gb

Feel like with the system specs being said about this game, that my PC is still not nearly as powerful as what they're saying, so maybe PS4 is a better option.

Corpekata

Banned
Hmm, I don't see the HD pack listed among my DLC, so can't check it off like suggested. Even restarted Steam, still not on the list.

i7 2600k@4.5 Ghz
16GB RAM
1440p
290x Crossfire

About 51 fps in benchmark with everything maxed out.

No Crossfire profile I'm guessing?

Also the Advance Option menu flickers for me. Game is fine, just that particular menu flickers.

So...I'm still confused if I'd be getting an inferior version if I went with PC over getting it for my PS4. My PC specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate OS
Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz
8gb system Ram
Geforce GTX 760 2gb

Feel like with the system specs being said about this game, that my PC is still not nearly as powerful as what they're saying, so maybe PS4 is a better option.

With the results so far, PC. It seems the VRAM fears were greatly exaggerated.

stufte

Hmm, I don't see the HD pack listed among my DLC, so can't check it off like suggested. Even restarted Steam, still not on the list.

go into a windows... window and paste this into the location bar:

steam://install/311670/

it may give you an error, but after it does go into the dlc list again and it should be there.

Top Bottom