• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 review thread

I feel bad for you guys.

My Shovel Knight backer code was sent out 15 hours before the game went live on the eShop for the public and I honestly felt that was a bit late, considering reviewers had been playing the final game for at least a week prior (though considering how open the team had been throughout the game's development, it was quite easy to brush off). The fact that a lot of people don't have their codes yet on release day is a further testament to just how horrible this entire situation has been.

Spaghetti

I'm not talking shit, and "lying" is not my intent. I'm just saying that standards need to be higher than "if I get a game with dreamcast style graphics I'll be happy..." For the good of Kickstarter games and the industry as a whole for the love do not settle for that kinda crap.

I am aware that there have been KS updates on the development of the game, but as far as DEMOs and TRAILERs showing gameplay there hasn't been anything. Am I wrong?
Your exact words:
haven't seen anything in return over a year later
So I'm sure you can forgive me of accusing you of lying and talking shit. You didn't specify what you meant.

I don't see why you're taking the other poster's comment about Dreamcast graphics so literally. Shenmue III already looks better than a Dreamcast game, and has shown significant visual improvement since the reveal last June.

As for gameplay and trailers, no, of course not. The game has only been in development for 10 months and isn't planned to release for another 18. We know a playable build exists so far, but they have no intention of showing gameplay just yet, and wish to wait until the game is more polished to do so. It's a very reasonable position to have. The fans got their new screens/video tease in February, and backers have been kept in the loop with development via the monthly Kickstarter updates. The developers are wise enough to keep their heads down and keep working instead of making demos and trailers that eat up time and resources.

When they're ready to show the game again, they'll show it.

MageBoySA

I'm also in the code not valid group. I emailed Comcept before I read this thread. I wonder if they forgot to tell Sony these codes need to be active before release. I know it's possible to do that on PSN, since I've gotten preorder codes from Amazon that activate before the game is out on the store. They just say "This content will be available on x"

Ludens

Banned
I'm also in the code not valid group. I emailed Comcept before I read this thread. I wonder if they forgot to tell Sony these codes need to be active before release. I know it's possible to do that on PSN, since I've gotten preorder codes from Amazon that activate before the game is out on the store. They just say "This content will be available on x"

It depends from case to case, often codes give the message "not valid" is Sony didn't flip the switch yet, other times you can redeem them before the official release. The code will work eventually when the game will be released.

bumpkin

Same. None of my PS4 download codes work. It gives me the "incorrect or no longer valid" error.

The XB1 codes I received *do* work though. I just redeemed them all with no trouble.

DrArchon

What a nightmare. Incoming GAF fail of the year? I thought Federation Force had it in the bag!

Well I guess it depends on how much the expectations matter, because the expectations for MN9 were through the roof, but from the moment everyone saw Federation Force most people hated it. MN9 definitely had the larger fall from grace, so I'd say it's a way bigger failure.

Meffer

Well I guess it depends on how much the expectations matter, because the expectations for MN9 were through the roof, but from the moment everyone saw Federation Force most people hated it. MN9 definitely had the larger fall from grace, so I'd say it's a way bigger failure.

FF looks like it'll actually be fun.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I thought this game was coming out for 3DS today as well. It seems it's not even announced when it will be released.

Nah, I'm not touching this trainwreck. Good riddance.

DSC_0008.jpg
Welp.

Here goes nothing! *holds nose*

Wereroku

Same. None of my PS4 download codes work. It gives me the "incorrect or no longer valid" error.

The XB1 codes I received *do* work though. I just redeemed them all with no trouble.

They said in the update that the PSN codes wouldn't work until the store updates.

Gestault

It's really dumb that the codes went out and don't work. Yes, I know the store needs to update for some reason.

Edit: Just PSN, I guess.

Wereroku

It's really dumb that the codes went out and don't work. Yes, I know the store needs to update for some reason.

Edit: Just PSN, I guess.

Yeah everything but PSN works and they would get shit if they waited until it was for sale before sending codes out.

IzzyF3

Comcept and Inticreates should have been a match made in heaven. I don't really care about investgative journalism in games, but I want to know the dirt. Soul Sacrifice was a fantastic game so what happened?! I'll play it tonight to make my own judgement.

ZeldaFan5991

Neo Member
What a bummer. I was really hoping this would be able to scratch my megaman itch. I guess Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 will have to do. II could play the legacy collection again. Even though they want to stay true to the originals but would it be that hard for them to fix the framerate and the flicker in the rereleased megaman collection. Seriously its awful.

EDIT: to remove the 'I guess' repeats

These scores...

At this point I just feel nothing about them. I remember backing this and thinking, "It's a basic megaman clone. What could go wrong?"

At this point I just want to play my backer copy and get it over with, man.

Its hard to tell who's legacy is worse at this point; Sonic's or Mega Man's.

One's a dead series that went out on several good notes, and the other is a zombie.

Honestly, since i only lost $15 on this I'm not sure if i'm even going to play it. How do you screw up a three million dollar megaman clone?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't get over how shitty the visuals are. The beta they released around PAX in 2014 (?) looked way better...

Could they just not be arsed to make different levels of assets, so they simply targeted the lowest spec platform (3DS) and developed the whole game with that as the base?

nynt9

Let's call it a draw, LOL.

Yeah, no. MMX7/8 are nowhere near the gaming atrocities that are Sonic 06 and Boom. They're not even technical messes. They're weak games but are totally functional and the only reason they're so divisive is because the franchise in general has a high bar. Which cannot be said for Sonic.

Top Bottom