• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Will Not Release In 2015 (According to GameInformer)

RK128

It only takes 1 bad experience to ruin it for everyone else. Mighty No 9 has been a bad experience. It might be a decent to good game, but the ride to get there hasn't been enjoyable in the slightest.

I'm not saying there can't be other successful Kickstarters after this, but it's going to make it that much harder for them to be successful, as well as to gain back the trust of consumers that this kind of process works.

You make a good point and I hope that future Kickstarters don't face issues due to Inafune being greedy and stupid with his Kickstarter projects :(.

You make a good point and I hope that future Kickstarters don't face issues due to Inafune being greedy and stupid with his Kickstarter projects :(.
Some people will feel burned on Kickstarter projects as a whole, but that was bound to happen. Really, the possibility of failure or misuse should be more considered in these projects.

I would assume, or at least hope, that people will only feel burned on Inafune/Comcept

It's just really disappointing that Comcept couldn't be up front about the delay. Heck, didn't they even deny that a delay was happening? That just seems to me to be really under-handed.

The fact they've kept this from the backers is the biggest sleaze move

Don't be so quick to judge, if the game is done and the delay is not for quality reasons, this could be Comcept being quiet because they are trying to negotiate with DP some kind of early release for backers.

Nydius

Don't be so quick to judge, if the game is done and the delay is not for quality reasons, this could be Comcept being quiet because they are trying to negotiate with DP some kind of early release for backers.

Give me a break. The entire way they've handled themselves has been scummy, whether it was the first delay, the Red Ash kickstarter(s) and the FUZE involvement, or this delay (and subsequent silence).

There's no excuse or reason for staying silent on this rumor. I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: The longer they stay silent, the more they make themselves look completely incompetent.

Urthor

The fact they still haven't commented officially makes Comcept look like absolute scum.

There's a difference between not communicating effectively and not meeting your over exaggerated expectations of a lightning fast turnaround for making a public statement. That's something that just doesn't happen in business where public announcements affect the outlook of investors and publishers.

Add in the language/cultural barrier, queue bashing of incompetent Japanese corporate practice, and yes maybe the fact they don't instantly respond to little more than rumours about the release date being delayed might actually be perfectly fine?

I wouldn't be surprised if certain platforms missed the Sept date that's not out of the question, my guess is if there's any issue with release dates it'd just be one particular outlying platform when the vast majority are fairly complete.

Fact is backers need to understand that not all game developments are going to look like Star Citizen. That's just how it is. Regardless I'd expect them to do something before the end of the working week as a bare minimum, but no more.

Walpurgis

Banned
Are they really not going to comment on this or set the record straight until after the Red Ash kickstarter fails?

Thats amazing. This is quite the week for Inafune!

news: seems like the release has been pushed to first quarter of 2016

its a german source, but they contacted the publisher directly and deep silver confirmed the new release date (no reason for the delay was given).

http://www.maniac.de/content/news-m...schoben-update-verschiebung-bestaetigt-226569

still no news on the digital release date.

The fact they've kept this from the backers is the biggest sleaze move

It's just really disappointing that Comcept couldn't be up front about the delay. Heck, didn't they even deny that a delay was happening? That just seems to me to be really under-handed.

The fact they still haven't commented officially makes Comcept look like absolute scum.

After reading up on how he handheld relations with his fellow developers at Capcom (RIP Clover and REmake 2 :'() I honestly have no respect for the man at all anymore. His past alongside what he does in the present (the Red Ash KS for example) really present him as how Kamiya put it; he isn't a creator, but a business man.
YmzFoH7l.png

Give me a break. The entire way they've handled themselves has been scummy, whether it was the first delay, the Red Ash kickstarter(s) and the FUZE involvement, or this delay (and subsequent silence).

There's no excuse or reason for staying silent on this rumor. I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: The longer they stay silent, the more they make themselves look completely incompetent.

They have to deal with a publisher now, is not as easy as you may think. In fact is the publisher who should come clean because they are the ones sending notices to retailers with the delay.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
It's absolutely weird Comcept/Deep Silver haven't commented on this yet.

We're moving into day five with no word.

Crocodile

What in the flying fuck does taking one's sweet time to clear up delay rumors (frustratingly so on my end but as Urthor as pointed out we don't really know what's going on on their end) have to do with being a business man or being an auteur-like creator?

Like is it too much for people to put in a little thought into their slams? Stop quoting the tweet, given its used wrong 99% of the time, and just type out what you have to say.

RK128

What in the flying fuck does taking one's sweet time to clear up delay rumors (frustratingly so on my end but as Urthor as pointed out we don't really know what's going on on their end) have to do with being a business man or being an auteur-like creator?

Like is it too much for people to put in a little thought into their slams? Stop quoting the tweet, given its used wrong 99% of the time, and just type out what you have to say.

I agree that just posting the tweet is a bit pointless; explaining yourself through quotes or a few sentences makes your statement/feelings/ect have more impact when others read it.

Regarding the delay, my bet is that Deep Silver a bit pressured with the retail versions (not a enough prints to be sold to retailers, stock issues and the like) while the digital version is completely ready.

The problem is that while Deep Silver will make money off of the digital version, they might be making more money through the retail version (the core reason Inafune signed the game on with them), so.....they must want to push the game back to have enough retail copies to pair-up with digital sales.

Basically, the issues you would face when pairing up with a publisher late (in this games case; only a few months away from launch) in the games developmental cycle.

Phamit

Hopefully this clears things up for you man :). A fellow Gaffer posted this in the Red Ash thread answering his role in Clover Studios closure.

No?

How the hell has the closure of Clover and Inafune not beeing a creator anything to do with the lack of Information about whether Mighty No. 9 is delayed or not

RK128

No?

How the hell has the closure of Clover and Inafune not beeing a creator anything to do with the lack of Information about whether Mighty No. 9 is delayed or not

....Good point :l. Will delete that post to prevent any more de-railment of the thread.

Edit: Post deleted now, so sorry about posting that :(.

EDIT: Nevermind. Post was removed.

Delay sucks, but my enthusiasm for the game has been fading quickly for some time. Now I'm just hoping that it's "Okay" quality so we can move on with our lives.

duckroll

They have to deal with a publisher now, is not as easy as you may think. In fact is the publisher who should come clean because they are the ones sending notices to retailers with the delay.

Wow, really? Seriously? Comcept owns the IP, they control the development and business matters regarding the game. The publisher here is responsible for distribution and dealing with retailers because that's what they're bringing to the table, so of course they're the ones sending the notices. They're doing their job. Explaining what is going on and reassuring the people who opened their wallets to make the game possible is Comcept's job.

RK128

You're aware that Kamiya clarified that he never meant that tweet as an insult, right?

Really? That is good to know :).

Like I said prior, removed the post due to it not being relevant to the thread topic at hand. Sorry about that :(.

Learned about his role in Clover's closure recently and have no respect for him now due to it. So, I have a negative view of Inafune right now sadly :(.

Bloodrage

Banned
The game looks fun and I was wrong to hate on it. I was just upset about the in-game art style not even coming close to matching the concept art. But I'm excited to play this again.

SpoonyGundam

Neo Member
It's absolutely weird Comcept/Deep Silver haven't commented on this yet.

We're moving into day five with no word.

More than that. It wasn't widely reported on in major sites until the Game Informer article, but Gamestop/Amazon/Walmart changed the release date on the 23rd and people were talking about it even then.

We're at almost two full weeks without hearing anything from Comcept.

LewieP

I'd be utterly shocked if Comcept/Inafune deliberately opted not to tell people that their first Kickstarter game was going to be delayed just before launching their next Kickstarter.

It would go directly against their nature to attempt to conceal information in a misguided attempt to get more money out people...

I'd be utterly shocked if Comcept/Inafune deliberately opted not to tell people that their first Kickstarter game was going to be delayed just before launching their next Kickstarter.

It would go directly against their nature to attempt to conceal information in a misguided attempt to get more money out people...

What kind of person, nay, what kind of MAN would do this sort of thing?

Walpurgis

Banned
yK8IiQu.gif

Tweet doesn't make a lot of sense in this context

That tweet always makes sense in response to an Inafune screw up. :p

In this case, him not commenting was thought to be because of his other Kickstarter and not wanting to hurt that (even though it was hopeless) so it makes double sense. :D
Basically this:

Burai

shitonmychest57
Maybe they'll set up another kickstarter to fund this eagerly awaited announcement.

Press releases don't come cheap.

The publisher here is responsible for distribution and dealing with retailers because that's what they're bringing to the table, so of course they're the ones sending the notices. They're doing their job. Explaining what is going on and reassuring the people who opened their wallets to make the game possible is Comcept's job.

The publisher also put some money to help finish some aspects of the game. We have no clue what is written in the contract and we have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. I think is fair to consider that something is going on that can't allow Comcept or DP to issue an official statement just yet, maybe DP is a fraid of the current negativity toward Inafune and want to delay a bit , maybe they have some problems manufacturing the collector's edition, maybe the game is full of bugs........

duckroll

The publisher also put some money to help finish some aspects of the game. We have no clue what is written in the contract and we have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. I think is fair to consider that something is going on that can't allow Comcept or DP to issue an official statement just yet, maybe DP is a fraid of the current negativity toward Inafune and want to delay a bit , maybe they have some problems manufacturing the collector's edition, maybe the game is full of bugs........

Maybe Comcept just sucks at PR and communication, or they like lying to fans? :)

Top Bottom