• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) Comments On His PS4 Project And DualShock 4

THE:MILKMAN

They're probably going to be showing the console next month, so they better have something done by now.

I was thinking (read hoping) a teaser around mid May to take the sting out of the Durango reveal.

In about 2 weeks or so things are going to go nuts. The reveals of software/hardware all round should be amazing.

E3 this year will effectively be for a whole month due to all the stuff to be showcased. I'm getting dangerously hyped......

driver116

I was thinking (read hoping) a teaser around mid May to take the sting out of the Durango reveal.

In about 2 weeks or so things are going to go nuts. The reveals of software/hardware all round should be amazing.

E3 this year will effectively be for a whole month due to all the stuff to be showcased. I'm getting dangerously hyped......

Best e3 eva!

Well so far we have Primal Rage, The witness, Blacklight retribution, Futurelabs (velocity, velocity ultra) confirmed they were doing something for PS4 on their twitter aswell.

I think the Day Z guys said they were talking to Sony too. I think we will see allot of indie announcements for PSV,PS3, and PS4 between now and PS4's launch, especially going off of Shahids tweets.

Primal Rage?!?

Toki767

That's stating the obvious at this point.

I like that. Have these day more great experiences with indie titles than with AAA ones.

Probably a hell of a lot cheaper to get indies on board than it is to pay for third party exclusives too.

B.O.O.M

Saw this on Shahid's twitter

"My family asleep, I’m in bed on the iPad, scouting for games for PlayStation from all over the world. I start again at 5am."

He is a hard working fella and the results show it

pswii60

Perhaps he can hire an artist for his next project. And get rid of Danny Wallace's irritating waffle, lamely attempting to cover up for an incredibly mediocre game.

All IMHO :p

On his twitter, other indie dudes are asking how to contact Sony

But this Sophie person is being kind of stubborn about the whole thing. She makes it sound like she just wants to hit a submit button on her game and be up on the store, no talking to anyone, or else she isn't indie enough. What?

You can still self publish on PSN.

JJD

He planted the Oculus seed into Sony employees.

I really hope consoles become compatible with it. All they have to do is output to it like normal, the game just has to be built for it.

Eh, maybe Sony themselves won't have to do anything. Could just be a setting in the options for the game to change the display to Oculus Rift instead of normal and flat.

It would be great if Sony supported third party peripherals like the Oculus while they offer their first party devices like the HMZ-T1/T2.

It's a win/win situation and would help consumer adoption.

Thorgal

So... what's the catch with PS4? There's gotta be one right? Price? The system runs on baby blood? What?

why can't gaf assume that the only catch will be the loss of BC ?

I predict sony will release a console that at least in gamers eyes will be 95% perfect

quote me on it.

I am rwaaly hoping there isn't a "the other shoe has dropped" moment for the PS4. They really screwed up with the Vita having no internal memory.

in an age HDD s going back to memory cards for a console would be beyond silly.

given who is desingning this thing im not worried about that.

JJD

If anyone wants a reference how Sony is approaching Indies just read this:

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/329906527571951616

Hahahahaha!

"Keep Calm the PS4 is Coming"

BJQQPSlCQAEklyr.jpg:large

Give him a raise Sony! =)

Interfectum

Charging for online play?

Nah. Even if they did that it wouldn't bother me, especially if they roll it into PS+. I realize the meltdown on the internet would be one for history books though.

The loss of BC is the biggest mark against them I can see so far and I'm still holding out for some kind of 'make good' deal from them (ie any PSN title they port to PS4 will automatically unlock for people who bought the PS3 version, etc).

Socky

Aesthetics comment is interesting. I expect the final controller to look a bit cooler than the prototype we've seen. It looks awesome functionally but its appearance is kind of goofy.

You might have nailed it. I was surprised the touch pad wasn't sporting this when it was first shown. I think the controller looks lovely from every angle - except the one you normally view it from (top down). That looks a little odd to me.

This thread helped me decide to get Thomas Was Alone via PSN+. (and Malicious since I was on the store).

Why wouldn't you? It's free. Unless it isn't free where you are..? I got it yesterday on Vita but haven't had time to try it yet.

btkadams

You might have nailed it. I was surprised the touch pad wasn't sporting this when it was first shown. I think the controller looks lovely from every angle - except the one you normally view it from (top down). That looks a little odd to me.

Why wouldn't you? It's free. Unless it isn't free where you are..? I got it yesterday on Vita but haven't had time to try it yet.

it's only free in eu.

Stuart444

I don't like putting things in my download list that I don't think I'll play (and until a way to search your download list is implemented, I will stay that way. Annoying when you have a big DL list and all).

I did try out TWA though and it was fantastic. Got to stage 4.0, lots of fun and I'm really glad this thread popped up now :)

edit: and yeah it's free here, see my reasoning above though which still counts. Still well worth getting

Congrats on getting to develop for PS4!

This statement says a lot. Obviously the existence of this very thread shows Sony is trying to knock down those walls, but developing on a PS4 (Xbox, Wii, etc) should not be some privilege. Sony (at least) recognizes this. The consoles aren't so precious anymore.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Well I am certainly not going to start a thread about it, but it is strange that they meet up in person about a PS4 project and the Oculus Rift is also involved in that meet up.
j74SykU.gif

Now I feel stupid for not making that connection

Top Bottom