• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS3 releasing on Blu-Ray disc on May 14th

bengraven

Jesus it's like 1gig a the most. I think mine is like 500mb on the PC.

That said, I'll buy it just to have a box. Already have five copies anyway (PC since alpha, Xbox, PS3, phone, wife's Tablet).

Absolutely stellar box art. Love it. I'd like to get this on PS4, but I was hoping the world size would at least be bigger, if not infinite. Seems like that's not happening, though. Might still buy it anyway if there's any improvements -- oh, and if there's Vita cross-buy. Not holding my breath on that one, either, though.

EDIT: If it's published by Sony, there's at least a chance it could be cross-buy…. But I doubt it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
People need to understand that it's not all up to Sony as much as Mojang.
Sony : "Hey Mojang, will you let us use millions of dollars to market your game at none to little additional cost or effort to yourself?"
Mojang : "No."
Sony : "But why?"
Mojang : "No means no, Sony!!"

Has there ever been a Minecraft TV ad?

I dont think MS even did one. Would be a boom for the Vita at least. Give them a excuse to push the system again a little

Magwik

Banned
Sony should bundle it with the new Vita, and...actually promote it.

I'm not sure how many people want to play Minecraft on a portable as opposed to on PC/Console, but they need to try.

Advertise it as Minecraft at school, on the bus, and have kids playing with a bunch of their friends at party's while others are playing the PS4 version then advertise cross-save with the PS3 version to Vita. Boom.

NewGame

Banned
That's pretty interesting since the game was £10 during Alpha.

Well this is weird. Now I remember very clearly that the game was released in beta with accounts selling for as little as $2 each, later (about 24 hours later) the price went up to $5 and that's when I bought the game

... Looking back at my first post on the Minecraft Forum it was Jan 2011. I'm going to assume it was around that time I bought it.

Weird that there isn't a price history in any of the wikis.

Vashetti

Banned
Advertise it as Minecraft at school, on the bus, and have kids playing with a bunch of their friends at party's while others are playing the PS4 version then advertise cross-save with the PS3 version to Vita. Boom.

This is genius. Go for those kid sales.

Top Bottom