• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Matriox

It appears if you have the PS4 version of Minecraft, the Vita version is only $5. I was under the impression it only worked that way if you bought the PS3 version then bought PS4.

GulAtiCa

How about some poisoned potatoes? I didn't even realize that was a thing until I started up my potato farm recently.

All food items restore hunger. Those poison ones just make it go back down quickly for short period. Using a bunch of rotten meat in a row to get you back to 10 will only make it go back down to 8, the effect starts over and doesn't stack. So useful if you are out of normal food.

I now use watermelon slices to restore hunger. Little slower of course, but getting 64 is very easy and simple.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Poisonous_Potato

Mastperf

I'm a potato man myself. They refill 3 hunger when baked and are extremely plentiful with a farm. I prefer to only fill 1 inventory slot with food and 64 baked potatoes will last ages while mining or exploring caves.

Mastperf

My potato form is finally at full size now, so likely switch to that myself.
Good choice. Keep in mind that a pickaxe enchanted with fortune ( preferably fortune 3 of course ) will give you far more melons when harvested with it. You probably already knew that but it does make those melons stretch a lot further.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
All food items restore hunger. Those poison ones just make it go back down quickly for short period. Using a bunch of rotten meat in a row to get you back to 10 will only make it go back down to 8, the effect starts over and doesn't stack. So useful if you are out of normal food.

I now use watermelon slices to restore hunger. Little slower of course, but getting 64 is very easy and simple.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Poisonous_Potato

Yeah, I just never had seen a poisonous potato before. I've dealt in the rotten flesh bit in a pinch.

I'm a big fan of watermelon too. I had a watermelon farm on a 360 Minecraft world that was quite productive, I had a piston farm that would automatically break up all the melons at the push of a button for easy harvesting. Just been too lazy to re-create it. Between animal meat and raising carrots/potatoes I never really am hurting for food at the moment.

Grinchy

Banned
Don't worry, you can die from hunger (at least not from Easy). It will just make your health go down to half. Getting food, from animals, is best choice. Even the rotten meat is an option.

It was the craziest world. The only thing around the spawn were sparse islands and they were the mushroom biomes. No animals in sight, no coal, nothing good lol. I was playing it on normal.

I ended up just making a new seed anyway and the new one had everything I needed close by. It feels so weird playing this game with a controller after the 100s of hours I put in the PC version but I'm liking it so far.

GulAtiCa

Woops, mean't "you can't die". But my 2nd statement, prob made that clear hopefully.

Bz9tKxwIcAAyI96.jpg:large
Cleared out everything above so I can start putting down stone bricks. Got 900ish stones out of this, so should give me a head start before needing to dig for more stone.

anyoe else lost access to minecraft dlc they paid for, with the game asking you to pay for it again? I am, with the Fantasy and Cartoon texture packs (I bought them on ps4, UK)

CozMick

Banned
anyoe else lost access to minecraft dlc they paid for, with the game asking you to pay for it again? I am, with the Fantasy and Cartoon texture packs (I bought them on ps4, UK)

Yeah same content as you shows I have to buy again. The rest are free to download.

PSN has been a nightmare for me these past few months.

Mastperf

So the PS4 bug fix is finally out. The update came out on XB1 a week ago. Are we looking at a week delay for non Xbox versions in the future or is it just a case of Sony being slow?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah same content as you shows I have to buy again. The rest are free to download.

PSN has been a nightmare for me these past few months.

Have you both tried Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses?
I had a problem getting the Fantasy pack to work and that was how I got it to recognise that I owned it.

Have you both tried Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses?
I had a problem getting the Fantasy pack to work and that was how I got it to recognise that I owned it.

I tried that, made no difference. Originally when I got the 2 packs they weren't crossbuy for me (all others I got were) and now it asks me to pay on the format I even bought them on :/

GulAtiCa

Wow! That looks awesome. Great work.

I'm still working on my Castle, I completely flatten the ground inside, and now filling in with stone brick for the base floor. Taking long long while! But I am guess I am about 60% done. Very thankful for plenty of Diamond Pickaxes with near full Efficiency and Unbreaking. Wish I would get silk touch, as that would help out a lot.

btkadams

i'd love to be able to select a pre-made world inside the game and take a look at everything. as much fun as it is to build, it'd be a good learning experience to see the crazy things that are possible in the game, and that really requires seeing someone else's work in-game. there's no way to look at other peoples' worlds unless you are invited to it while they are online, right?

Hey guys I just started mine craft for the first time yesterday with a buddy of mine. If he invited me to his world and I wanted to go back alone and finish up some shit does he have to be on?

PS4 version. I just gave the seed as "Playstation", and created a Large world.
It appears I'm in a world map-wise, that is a 5x5 grid.
I spawned in the very center map (1).

x x 2 x x
x x x x x
x x 1 x x
x x x x x
x x 3 x x

While it's not infinite, I actually like that there's an "endgame"; that is, I can explore the entire world.
So far, I've constructed a rail system down the center of the world, from (2) to (3), with a few short line branches off horizontally to a couple of villages.
Beyond making a place to stay, and exploring caves, I haven't done anything major in Minecraft tbh. Need to think up something cool, and probably hit up some how-to videos.
Made a small fort in the sky in the center map, near the spawn point.

Minecart track switch thingy. And the first major village I came across, at (3) on the grid.
Like with every village I come across, I spend hours "fixing" the uneven ground around buildings, adding more lights, paths, etc.

Is there a thread around here for sharing Gamertags for those playing Minecraft on the Xbox One? None of my son's friends have transitioned from the 360 like we have, so he's starving for friends to play with.

GulAtiCa

My castle ground is finally done! Took me about a week to finish. I estimate the ground to be about 9000 stone bricks. I ended up mining a lot under the castle's ground for stone. And this is excluding the amount for the castle outer walls too, that could easily be like 3000.

Started work with dirt to map out how the castle itself will look like. I'm going to need a LOT of stone.. Prob 5,000 would be good at very least. Though it will tower above the walls a good bit, with multiple high towers over-looking everything.

I am also planing on making the main 1st room a big hallway with large staircase that goes up. This will be in nether quartz stone, columns and stairs.. So going to need a lot of nether quartz. Given that you need 4 nether quartz to make 1 block, I might cheat and just go into creative mode to get them. Though I'll try my luck at mining them in the nether and see what results I get.

Gavin115

Unconfirmed Member
My castle ground is finally done! Took me about a week to finish. I estimate the ground to be about 9000 stone bricks. I ended up mining a lot under the castle's ground for stone. And this is excluding the amount for the castle outer walls too, that could easily be like 3000.

Started work with dirt to map out how the castle itself will look like. I'm going to need a LOT of stone.. Prob 5,000 would be good at very least. Though it will tower above the walls a good bit, with multiple high towers over-looking everything.

I am also planing on making the main 1st room a big hallway with large staircase that goes up. This will be in nether quartz stone, columns and stairs.. So going to need a lot of nether quartz. Given that you need 4 nether quartz to make 1 block, I might cheat and just go into creative mode to get them. Though I'll try my luck at mining them in the nether and see what results I get.

I tried making a castle, it looks more like a house because I didn't make a big enough staircase for it.
It still took ages to do atleast 25 hours and it's still not even done yet.

Noobcraft

What's the difference between the PS4 and PC version, besides the ability to mod and stuff?
Split screen, no dedicated servers, and it's several updates behind (no bats/horses in PS4/xb1 versions yet)
The world size is pretty much big enough that you won't run into the edges unless you try, but they aren't unlimited* like they are on the PC version.

KiteGr

Split screen, no dedicated servers, and it's several updates behind (no bats/horses in PS4/xb1 versions yet)
The world size is pretty much big enough that you won't run into the edges unless you try, but they aren't unlimited* like they are on the PC version.

I wouldn't consider the world unlimited on the PC ether. Instead of an invisible barrier you are being stopped by lag and crashes depending on the power of your rig.
The lack of updates worries me though. Are these versions being updated at all?

I wouldn't consider the world unlimited on the PC ether. Instead of an invisible barrier you are being stopped by lag and crashes depending on the power of your rig.
The lack of updates worries me though. Are these versions being updated at all?

They're already hard at work on the next update (known as the "horse" update as it adds mounts besides many other things), but I will forewarn you that they are now keeping five versions of the game (360/PS3/PS4/XB1/Vita) up to date and bug free, and they were pretty slow when they just had the 360 version...

GulAtiCa

haha yes! Just enchanted myself a Diamon Pickaxe with Silk Touch, Efficiency IV and Unbreaking III. So for the next 5000ish stone blocks, I'll have easy time helping out my castle.

My castle is a bit big at moment... I mean, the grand lobby of sorts is like 20 to 25 high haha. Going to hang bunch of glowstones in it for lighting effect. (using redstone lamps for now for testing)

I have a question. Is there ever any upside in completely filling in abandoned caves with blocks, even if they're well lit, or is it just a waste of time? A friend of mine has OCD, so he always spends hours filling in mines and caves with cracked stone bricks that he's completely stripped of resources instead of just walling them off permanently

ShadiWulf

I have a question. Is there ever any upside in completely filling in abandoned caves with blocks, even if they're well lit, or is it just a waste of time? A friend of mine has OCD, so he always spends hours filling in mines and caves with cracked stone bricks that he's completely stripped of resources instead of just walling them off permanently

Only upside i can think of is mobs of any kind can't spawn, but it's a huge waste of resources. He can do what he wants though, i mean there really is no rules in Minecraft.

WillyBear

Neo Member
Quick question about the biomes trophy. Do you actually need to step on them or just run over them from above? Because we built this sky bridge from the middle of the map to all ends of the map.

hunchback

Woops, mean't "you can't die". But my 2nd statement, prob made that clear hopefully.

Cleared out everything above so I can start putting down stone bricks. Got 900ish stones out of this, so should give me a head start before needing to dig for more stone.

You build the most amazing thing's. I check back regularly to see your progress. I hope one day I can build stuff like that.
Quick question. My starting area appears to be perfect. I have mountain, jungle and a lake close by. Mining is tough though. Every time I try to dig down I'm finding cave and tunnel systems with spiders. Is this normal?
Every time I have tried to mine in that area it becomes flooded with spiders.

You build the most amazing thing's. I check back regularly to see your progress. I hope one day I can build stuff like that.
Quick question. My starting area appears to be perfect. I have mountain, jungle and a lake close by. Mining is tough though. Every time I try to dig down I'm finding cave and tunnel systems with spiders. Is this normal?
Every time I have tried to mine in that area it becomes flooded with spiders.

Theres probably a spider monster spawner in a lot of places. Cave spiders come out in droves and fuck your day up.

Jaxx

Banned
Got an update today and a free Halloween texture pack.
Not sure how old the update is though.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Xbox One edition, because there's been no Halloween pack for the PS4 version yet. Perhaps today? I did notice you can download the free Halloween texture pack on XB1, though, so I did that despite not owning the console yet. Just wanted to make sure I have it in my purchase history in case they remove it again like they did the 360 version. Best texture pack in the game imo.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Xbox One edition, because there's been no Halloween pack for the PS4 version yet. Perhaps today? I did notice you can download the free Halloween texture pack on XB1, though, so I did that despite not owning the console yet. Just wanted to make sure I have it in my purchase history in case they remove it again like they did the 360 version. Best texture pack in the game imo.

God damn I'm jealous

jesu

Yeah it was X1 I meant.
I do think I read somewhere it was for a limited time only.

WillyBear

Neo Member
I have a question about the "Passing the time" trophy.

Can you get this trophy in someone else's world? I have only been playing on my friend his world, I don't even have my own world. I have managed to get all other trophies on his world except the "Passing the time" trophy" and I have been playing for a long time on his world.

I was browsing Twitch and I came across this guy working on some really cool pixel art. I took some shots:

He had a huge cart ride set up to give the viewers a tour of his world. It was pretty damn impressive.

Lol I favorited that guy once I saw his south park one like 2 days ago. He seems pretty chill too.

Top Bottom