• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition rated by Pegi

I'm trying to think of who benefits more from this; Microsoft or Nintendo. I'm gonna say Microsoft, and that kinda almost makes me want to believe MS will let Nintendo use Banjo.

I wish :/

knkng

This feels like something that should have been done like 30 years ago

As we all know, they had the opportunity to secure Minecraft for the American test release of the Famicom system, but instead opted to go with the R.O.B. peripheral. It was Nintendo's biggest blunder. :p

I'm trying to think of who benefits more from this; Microsoft or Nintendo. I'm gonna say Microsoft, and that kinda almost makes me want to believe MS will let Nintendo use Banjo.

I don't think the limitation is on MS letting Nintendo do it, its on Nintendo wanting to do it which I don't really see happening but... we'll see.

AdanVC

I swear if this is the only "Megaton" of tomorrow's Direct and nothing else then I'm gonna throw my Wii U through the window! :(

Calamari41

41 > 38
Take the next step and start releasing Rare games on Nintendo consoles. You know Banjo-Threeie U would outsell Bank-Threeie Xbone Edition.

Teemo

Banned
Can't wait for the super mario skinpack, yoshi would be a horse skin, goomba would be the creeper skin, boo skin for the ghast, skeleton koopa for the skeletons. Also Zelda and Metroid skinpacks.

That's not an unlikely possibility. Certainly, MS/Rare are not against it as Phil Spencer and Ken Lobb have said or, at least, hinted in interviews. Surprised it took this long for MC on Wii U, though. Wonder what's the hold up for the 3DS version. Pretty much feels like MC is a lock as an NX launch title.

KingBroly

Banned
Man...tomorrow's Direct is already beyond reasonable expectations. I don't think ANYONE expected Minecraft on Nintendo's systems before NX.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Failed opportunity it's not launching day and date a retail version in time for xmas shopping (especially for EU/Japan) or even making a
Wiiu hardware bundle would've been smart + Nintendo content and possibly Amiibo line.

Of course the latter could clash with the big reveal of the all but assured Minecraft Toy To Life game/expansion we all know it's coming.

Microsoft brought Office to Apple devices. They trying to get out their software to as many devices as possible.

When you put it that way, sounds like Microsoft is the one who should get out of the hardware business....when I think about it, why are they in the hardware business? It's just a huge drain on them financially, even if they do get some of the market share. For Sony and Nintendo, it makes some amount of sense....Sony's Playstation division is one of their most successful, and Nintendo is all about video game as that is their focus as a company. Microsoft on the other hand has put a lot of money into gaming, and not really see that much of a return on it. Their games alone probably bring in money, but their hardware has always costed more to make then it brings in. Games like Minecraft kinda prove it's better to have their games on more than one platform.

Ridley327

That's not an unlikely possibility. Certainly, MS/Rare are not against it as Phil Spencer and Ken Lobb have said or, at least, hinted in interviews. Surprised it took this long for MC on Wii U, though. Wonder what's the hold up for 3DS version.

With all due respect, the hardware in the 3DS just won't cut it for Minecraft, especially if you want a world of decent size. Save the handheld version for the NX handheld.

I don't get the idea of it being too late. Sure, too late to save or even help a dead console. Not too late to enjoy. I haven't played the game, but I want to try it now.

Also, this is the elusive Tantalus port right?

Not

Banned
Seems pointless unless this is one of their "big" holiday games. One last defibrillation attempt for a system on its deathbed.

Teemo

Banned
What if ms said we will release minecraft on nintendo platforms if you let us release goldeneye hd on xbox?

When you put it that way, sounds like Microsoft is the one who should get out of the hardware business....when I think about it, why are they in the hardware business? It's just a huge drain on them financially, even if they do get some of the market share. For Sony and Nintendo, it makes some amount of sense....Sony's Playstation division is one of their most successful, and Nintendo is all about video game as that is their focus as a company. Microsoft on the other hand has put a lot of money into gaming, and not really see that much of a return on it. Their games alone probably bring in money, but their hardware has always costed more to make then it brings in. Games like Minecraft kinda prove it's better to have their games on more than one platform.

They didn't want Sony to own the living room and now they still don't (although its not going very well now compared to a few years back)

Their hardware isn't going anywhere for any device although they have $2.5bn to make back on Minecraft

What if ms said we will release minecraft on nintendo platforms if you let us release goldeneye hd on xbox?

Lets hope this is true but I doubt its the case unfortunately, I don't think Nintendo will have wanted it that much

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Alot of people kinda wondered that like a year ago when everyone kept asking for nintendo to go 3rd party

Top Bottom