• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition rated by Pegi

@MUWANdo

Banned
its still the top selling game every month on 360/ps3 digitally or close to it. I heard people say this when the 360 port came out years ago. Or did I fall for a obvious joke?

The initial digital-only X360 release was the biggest-selling XBLA game from the moment it launched and I think it's still a couple million higher than whatever the second best-selling XBLA game was (either Trials HD or that one Rock Band game). There were a few XBLIG Minecraft clones that sold a ton, too.

Oersted

its still the top selling game every month on 360/ps3 digitally or close to it. I heard people say this when the 360 port came out years ago. Or did I fall for a obvious joke?

You can't be sure at this point lol

Lol splitting hairs I see, I mean after it came out on 360...

Saying splitting hair and then setting up a very specific metric, which wasn't clear at all. Let say we agree that it should have released earlier.

I'll chime in. If I can get a cross play version for Wii U to 3DS like how.Vita/Ps4, I'll dip in again.

God damnit I keep on buying minecraft. I think this is beating out RE4 for me now.

Why only 3DS/WiiU crossplay? Especially with no 3DS version in sight.

BKSmash

¨Microsoft Studios¨ , woah!

Also the Windows logo costume found in the Mario Maker files.. what does this all mean? A friendship/partnership between my two favorite gaming companies would not be half bad to say the least!

I'll finally give Minecraft a go if this is true. The GamePad seems like it'd be perfect for it. Hopefully there will be some sort of Nintendo twist to it. Maybe amiibo support?

Also, a physical version would be great. I'd like to have that in the Wii U collection.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Guys, Europe predominantly uses DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/MM/DD. This is the latter, so it's the 12th of November.

YYYY/DD/MM does not exist.

Justinh

SEPTEMBER 2015 NPD RESULTS
-snip-
10.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
Yes, 3 years too late. You are correct.

This was my exact thought when I saw people say this is too late or even "pointless." This will probably sell pretty well. I don't know why Microsoft wouldn't want to get this game on yet another platform. This game seems to always be on the NPD top tens every time I notice and every time I think "Geez, doesn't everyone already have this game?"

Guys, Europe predominantly uses DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/MM/DD. This is the latter, stop insisting this is the 11th of December, it's the 12th of November.

Yeah, someone else posted a link that leads to this.
That should remove any doubt.
uEYG6jR.jpg

qko

Guys, Europe predominantly uses DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/MM/DD. This is the latter, stop insisting this is the 11th of December, it's the 12th of November.

If you look at some of the other release dates of other games on the PEGI site, anyone can confirm that they do use YYYY/MM/DD as you say. Minecraft is scheduled to release tomorrow according to PEGI.

Ridley327

sörine;185122724 said:
Lowed texture quality is a result of squeezing the entire game on to a 4GB card rather than a 9GB DVD. And with the 240p screen it doesn't reallly matter anyway.

There was nothing to really squeeze down that severely, though, since the only reason it took up a dual layer disc was because the western release included both VA tracks. The Japanese release was on a single layer disc.

amnesiac

Guys, the dates at PEGI are referring to when the game was rated, not when the game's coming out.

No they aren't. Look at any other game, the date on the site matches when the game was released. For example, Bloodborne and Skyward Sword match the date they were released in EU.

Choomp

Banned
I seriously wonder why this took so long, seems like a no brainer. The audience is pretty broad and probably well suited for those who have a Wii U, also would be cool with the pad.

AzaK

If you look at some of the other release dates of other games on the PEGI site, anyone can confirm that they do use YYYY/MM/DD as you say. Minecraft is scheduled to release tomorrow according to PEGI.

And no-one with 1/2 a brain writes the year first and not the month next. That's part of the reason it's done that way so it's not confusing with the crazy US way.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People saying it's too late... lol.

They will make enough money of WiiU owners and Nintendo fans. No 1. reason is to establish development relationships with Nintendo so the can be on NX portable and Homeconsole during the launch window asap.
Yup, way, way, way too late. Nintendo needed to have bought Mojang years ago. The Wii U and Nintendo's profits would be a different story.
The game is out on every system and mobile... No it wouldn't have made a difference. Stop being delusional. Every exclusive Nintendo first party title couldn't change the outcome of WiiU failure yet we have people thinking that a multiplattform game that can be played on every other system would somehow magically sold the unappealing expensive Nintendo box.

Better late than never I guess. Missed opportunity, but I hope the game will still do great.

Ironically, that makes it Nintendo's biggest holiday release.

c0de

I wonder how it will be. Given wiiu has more ram than ps360, it should be “bigger“ but I guess that it will be a port of the last gen versions.

Dorygrant

Is the thought with the Wii U version is that it would be easy to port to NX when the time comes?

I wonder if this was going to be a surprise reveal at the Direct :O

Yukinari

I dont wanna repeat whats already been said but i do think Minecraft shines its brightest on PC with mods. Even then i couldnt get into it.

If i were to judge and compare the base game to something thats bursting with content like Terraria, since a lot of Minecraft fans made the comparison in the early days of Terraria, then Minecraft loses. I guess im not creative enough and want more substance.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So, special appearance of Phil Spencer at the Nintendo Direct to announce Windows Logo-Mario, Minecraft and of course Banjo in Smash?

Top Bottom