• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

trinest

I might pick it up if you have a map which you can easily change diffucility etc of at any time, as well as been able to have it beam the fact your playing that map any time so anyone on your friends list can instantly join you or leave etc.

But the price, and wow only 1.6.6 instead of 1.8 like I originally heard? Wow that's eww. I'm hoping that the game doesn't require world delations etc. like the PC one does every so often and that its future proof to some degree.

I'm hoping theres villages at launch? Its my favourite thing to do, hunt down a village and sort of use it as my game area and slowly change it over time.

hitoshi

I might pick it up if you have a map which you can easily change diffucility etc of at any time, as well as been able to have it beam the fact your playing that map any time so anyone on your friends list can instantly join you or leave etc.

But the price, and wow only 1.6.6 instead of 1.8 like I originally heard? Wow that's eww. I'm hoping that the game doesn't require world delations etc. like the PC one does every so often and that its future proof to some degree.

I'm hoping theres villages at launch? Its my favourite thing to do, hunt down a village and sort of use it as my game area and slowly change it over time.

It was announcted last autumn that it will be the 1.6.6 version. Villages were introduced much later, in 1.8, so sadly, you have to wait.

Orayn said:
I don't know what storage limitations Microsoft might impose on saved games for this, but the PC version's worlds are as large as you could ever want them to be. If you keep exploring, it keeps generating more world.

Well, there is still no confirmation about how large the world is: early handsons stated that it's big, but the end can be reached very fast, which is not that enticing to be honest :\

Codes were sent out to the press on the 3rd of May, we received some at the office. The embargo ends on Monday.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
I'm 'Mister Aids' on XBLA

OpoQQ.jpg

celebi23

Getting ready:

I just need this (10 MS Points short :/ )

I already bought this

Here's what I'll look like when finished
kg0DB.png

Anyone know of a better blue t-shirt for my Steve costume?

Getting ready:

I just need this (10 MS Points short :/ )

I already bought this

Here's what I'll look like when finished
kg0DB.png

Anyone know of a better blue t-shirt for my Steve costume?

After looking through the shirts on the Avatar Marketplace the one you've got picked out is probably the best one.

I'm really looking forward to this. Feel a bit late to the whole Minecraft scene but this will be good to dip into for casual/relaxed play. I opted to get this over Gotham City Imposters.

I wonder if we can have a GAF Minecraft 360 tag and invite people via friends of friends, my freinds list is choca.

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully that works.

If not, I'm totally down for adding a few folks. I bet none of my friends are even getting this game haha.

This needs to happen. My FL is full but I'm down for clearing a few peeps to make room for some dedicated miners. :D

I created a GT for it.

Feel free to add: Minecraft GAF

Still insanely jelly that this will never hit PSN :( Damn you Microsoft and your bags of cash that you hand off to secure third party exclusives ;( I'm gonna go cry in a corner now, enjoy it on XBL though guys! I'll just have to settle for the PC version...

Still insanely jelly that this will never hit PSN :( Damn you Microsoft and your bags of cash that you hand off to secure third party exclusives ;( I'm gonna go cry in a corner now, enjoy it on XBL though guys! I'll just have to settle for the PC version...

Or it could be that XBL is bigger than PSN in terms of revenue and DD sales, as everyone already knows? Hell, the guy who made Fortresscraft, the indie game MC clone on XBL is pretty much a millionare right now. Besides, if you don't own a 360 this late in the game, you're missing out. XBLA is a goldmine, and the console is damn cheap.

Besides, how are you "settling" for the PC version? Aside from splitscreen, it's BETTER than a console version will ever be.

hitoshi

I have updated the op: rewrote the trailer / gameplay section and added the GT list. If anybody wants his/her GT posted, let me know!

Also happend in the afternoon: got my copy of the game :) (NDA until Monday)

celebi23

I have updated the op: rewrote the trailer / gameplay section and added the GT list. If anybody wants his/her GT posted, let me know!

I added Minecraft GAF to my list. If you could add my GT to the OP, that'd be great. I'm eisnerguy on XBox Live

Guess I'll add my GT. it's RebornYeti

The only downside I've seen to this version is that it appears that online is only peer-to-peer. You can start a new world and up to seven of your XBL friends can join your game world (you can have multiple worlds). However, when YOU leave the game you end the server and the others can't continue playing. I don't have definitive evidence that this is how it works but from the video I've seen and the options on the menus, this seems to be the case.

Yeah that's my only concern how the online multiplayer will work. Maybe you can host a server on PC still? That would be nice

EDIT: The splitscreen multiplayer would be my main draw for this though

FINALBOSS

Banned
Can't imagine playing this game with no mods.

All the mods that change the art and add mobs and stuff...ooh baby.

But if I had no other way to play, I'd totally jump on this.

Does anyone know why the embargo for reviews is Thursday? The way he says "you reporters should understand why" makes it sound like something funny's going on.

Digishine

Banned
6KX64-VYTHM-TPQ9M-36V3D-9QMRZ
7RFR9-RYG6H-XF3CM-GMX2V-Q9WFZ
MY97P-X32FQ-FTJJ7-VRXDD-GG4MZ
MTG6P-VMC6H-9T3G7-KMX2J-TJGFZ
VYQRP-7XRM3-YD42D-GMP2D-H3R9Z
32VRK-CJJYY-R9FDM-K2G2C-TJ39Z
MC327-6YGTX-V6JY4-7MVRD-MHY9Z
RC2GY-GD7P6-22QFH-7GR3K-J2D3Z
YKWRD-M6H3J-6VFR4-29M3X-622WZ
TXYM2-JVY4W-QPWHM-F32MD-QGGFZ
6X3CK-JFG4P-HGGD4-MPVDY-JFFDZ
6GKQ9-62QXM-G4G3M-2DHVT-PTKTZ
M2HD9-TQDT9-MP3DR-4QXH9-J3CVZ
4KKXG-M?K26-XPWXK-KTW9P-3GGMZ
PHJ44-XGW4R-4G22D-VGKTR-CWHJZ
PX7PJ-GTH6Q-KWMJ6-H3KHV-7RVYZ
HRY7G-V64P3-HJ27G-VFVKV-7XG6Z
7HXQY-YF3PJ-4T69D-QQV67-43PHZ
VVDDG-4QDHQ-GMGP2-DYRJ3-GHTDZ
VDTK9-64D7R-2CX2R-KHQTW-G2HYZ
FGMX7-32FWY-MQ74R-YKK2X-WH3FZ
237GD-KRDTG-9W3D3-4JRHT-Y2Y4Z
MRR62-293WP-93WYX-PDRPK-HDPKZ
3X6GC-PYH9T-X3TRR-2Y9GY-DFFFZ
4PRHY-2DMWQ-J7HQ2-2DV26-FFM9Z
JMQ4D-4C6FG-7XTDY-6Q7VJ-D749Z
4VGMY-22HGC-DDVKY-GKYYR-FHY3Z
RYYM6-7FQHG-DH2V7-R2FKQ-2J9TZ
6FM6X-CPXFP-7V6V2-MFYDW-RHD9Z
237H2-CMGQ6-KTVHX-QX7YY-JX4KZ
RPJ64-WYTTG-KHMQP-MKFQC-G6Q6Z
DCTJ3-CQGC3-KMVRG-2W24Y-X4QGZ
QDHC4-Q3PPW-6QY6F-4H97M-37PWZ
P42RC-497MC-93492-DJ2JX-H9XJZ
23HM6-2D6V2-3XTQF-HJ6Y6-Y3PYZ
9RPG7-4HPHD-P2G9P-6RFK6-R9FKZ
CWM4D-W7YXQ-YRXVC-RYGKC-YYV3Z
QYT23-G7YKY-D46JV-XRC4X-KH2HZ
TDHFK-YC4KQ-THXQW-CHD3G-4XW4Z
RK4JP-M2CG4-2PP6J-HXRGV-JGP2Z
CFFRW-VYH6P-D2HVY-C9JV2-XVVHZ
X29TJ-DRKMR-D6QV7-PRY73-RPQ2Z
26G73-VC3QJ-CFRF3-T2JRC-JVG9Z
J3VR3-JDWQM-7QJ9X-74YCM-YRVXZ
4H3WP-4RDQD-HM9MX-JTX6C-36W9Z
PR3C9-FQDF2-KCDG9-T9DMG-YJ7PZ
TXGTW-2WTD7-4W27D-WJJTK-WYQJZ
TTYHF-W9229-PXFVF-9QG6K-M6PVZ
PP29K-9QMDM-M9YD9-2PKWM-YRKYZ
KWJ7T-HKVKH-RJ6QJ-WC93W-T76GZ
MQYXY-DH93V-VTDMV-FX333-6XY7Z
GVHTM-YDJ6H-7C6MD-XR39D-TKPRZ
GMD44-P4FTR-299W4-64VT7-XDPWZ
GR3JT-XP9JK-747MM-P7XW7-RCXHZ
KC7QG-F3VJT-QK6JH-J3TP9-CGR4Z
P3H63-MY49T-694CP-F9KV4-RCPYZ
3CWV3-WW6VQ-PGQR2-KG2XD-X3RQZ
H6YQJ-PG9JQ-DMGX2-GP4MG-WHHYZ
CX9YY-P43MT-CJHM3-J9P4W-3KJPZ
Q3PFT-23R7T-FFRGG-M297J-HWWDZ
GDYYM-HHKYJ-RDTWH-2X9YM-RCCHZ
HWM4K-RRJ6R-673Q7-HR6WX-YQJPZ
29HDW-RFK72-H2HVJ-TGKVC-36CXZ
6KKVJ-4V7VY-7V62J-Q44XM-V6GJZ
R2DP7-DQHHV-3CMGW-YDH34-3KP4Z
4XJDP-WVVV6-99VM7-FJHV6-HRQ9Z
264GH-R6CD6-37TMK-KMQ7C-WC49Z
Q?7DJ-2Q6DV-6PTJ9-MWC73-MC97Z
PP36T-VM9K9-4TFQP-JQD9C-92X3Z
FCG9T-DQQ69-HXMMY-HWMG2-QD37Z
PVXYM-D7V4Q-HQD4K-7HJ2C-RTD3Z
D7TT2-6RDRX-24M29-3YDFG-GVCKZ
DFDW4-4CKPV-37TWK-VFV6F-GHPRZ
77Y7K-YKWG6-4TWM6-FHFWH-K6DPZ
7PQWY-Y264M-K74YC-XQHC7-YKWHZ
TDCTG-JQ44W-HYTPW-77Q6P-QQRRZ
VGH7V-VD96T-9MJ72-Q3TJ9-M9VRZ
V2RHT-FYK33-FHHMQ-X4XVT-JYT7Z
6X6XK-D4MHX-PMW2P-7W6J4-J7KCZ
YY79T-3GH2F-PXTFD-RXX3D-P6QFZ
VJY2P-G2VRW-G?R4G-26TYR-3Y7CZ
FG63H-FWT92-3VMWH-3V94C-4VFTZ
4KXQK-3F9Y6-XPDRM-9FXXG-KTGMZ
C2PY7-43D6W-XRM6J-9XKMR-3K3VZ
36XKT-37WGF-P6FGQ-MCFRK-6T6JZ
QDF2D-XJCJJ-4THVQ-DMMDJ-GKJVZ
R37YW-9DVQC-XM97P-FQK33-DRV7Z
TTQHW-7D3W4-77MDV-KYY7K-GXC4Z
CD3TG-J6KHK-V6THM-CRYMD-MRC9Z
FGJDC-TF2XF-V7DQ3-MW9PT-CVW2Z
4RVR9-KPRW2-272WQ-3DW2Y-J23MZ
QTG9V-96TCW-7F3YM-W2WVJ-7Q2CZ
J4GWM-PQKDP-HJF96-XX2DK-JXJCZ
WCKVG-4K7D7-CDKCD-X733G-CVVDZ
D7X2T-RW2M9-CQ3FF-9VJ4V-WW23Z
6DR77-RTC9R-TTD3W-3D2PY-WY6GZ
PDX4D-642V9-C2JGK-3V63Y-Q666Z
XPQ7T-MP33F-T2VGF-GM9Y4-TCF9Z
R2C37-GJ9RJ-WPGMX-QVRHF-VRD3Z

Got mine working maybe there are some still working

I spent like 2 hours trying to decipher one code but I could find like 2 numbers in it. Thankfully I managed to get one when Wkter posted them on twitter. Seems like a pretty solid version of the game from what I've played. Didn't get to far because my pos 360 overheated though.

Missed the giveaway! But I guess it doesn't really matter since apparently they went fast anyway. Hopefully there are more tomorrow.

trinest

Dam that giveaway was insane. To bad it happened when I was still asleep. :|

I don't think there will be another one :(

Oh well.

Ohwiseone

Im gonna add Minecraft GAF tonight.

Planning on buying and playing the hell out of Minecraft whenever it comes out.

If the OP wants, he can add "BattingTITAN" (My GT) to the first post and people can add me.

I've been playing Minecraft on PC for the past two days in anticipation for this one. Not even sure why, 1.6.6 is kinda poopy compared to what we're at now.

Hopefully it gets updated fast.

feel

Can someone in the know post a list of the things that got added to the game after the build that the 360 edition is at? So we know what to expect in the upcoming updates.

Accepted everyone on the 'Minecraft GAF' account. Think I have 10 people on there now.

In respect of the limited map size (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k), do you think the map sizes will be increased with updates? I'm concerned about the fact that you can run out of resources when playing with friends. Infinite like the PC would have been nice, but I guess there might be a performance/memory problem with it.

Accepted everyone on the 'Minecraft GAF' account. Think I have 10 people on there now.

In respect of the limited map size (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k), do you think the map sizes will be increased with updates? I'm concerned about the fact that you can run out of resources when playing with friends. Infinite like the PC would have been nice, but I guess there might be a performance/memory problem with it.

I do recall them saying it would be increased in later updates.

I didn't even consider running out of resources. I think the game map is 1024x1024 which is pretty big, considering. Only thing is resources... that really sucks.

Macca

Wow. What the hell? So it's possible you could get stuck with only 1 or two biomes in your whole world. That's crazy.

This went from a day 1 purchase to a very big if. Between this and the multiplayer I've been really disheartened about the game.

Top Bottom