• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MirrorMoon EP | A Space Oddity

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ok, some more I've found:

Dear Esther

FRACT
?

Kachina
?

?

You make this thread a visual minefield, therefore I leave to not get spoiled even more surprises :p Maybe you could just link them instead of integrate the links into the posts so they dont show as pictures,

Hofmann

You make this thread a visual minefield, therefore I leave to not get spoiled even more surprises :p Maybe you could just link them instead of integrate the links into the posts so they dont show as pictures,

They're not exactly spoilers, in the same way pictures of Parthenon won't spoil your visit to Greece for that matter. I just thought those images could help the game sell a bit more. What do you think?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They're not exactly spoilers, in the same way pictures of Parthenon won't spoil your visit to Greece for that matter. I just thought those images could help the game sell a bit more. What do you think?
You are right, they do sell the game even more by showcasing he visual diversity and love of details put into the game, but considering I do own the game, I'd prefer discovering those sights myself, which also makes this journey more personal than if it's "ah yeah, finally seen that planet someone else posted there".

But as I said, definitely helps selling the game, just means I can't stay in his thread :p No hard feelings, I just feel like going on a blackout until I discover some more interesting ones myself.

To the developer:
Thanks to a forum member, I was able to try the concept game. I was going to wait for a sale, but after trying that early version, now I'm going to buy it. That's why I think you should make it available, for people like me who were on the fence.

Because stuff like this:
3h126.gif

makes me want to buy your game

Feep

Banned
Too freeform and abstract for my tastes (I didn't really enjoy Proteus either), but DAT SOUNDTRACK

Hofmann

From the Santa Ragione Devblog:

We need more Messofanego here.

Btw, Station42, you know what would be great. If we could hide key holder - some shots would be a lot better without it.

My impressions from the Indie Thread:
So I'm really enjoying Mirrormoon EP. Naming planets is my new form of digital crack. The game is a relaxing visual masterpiece that, combined with the wonderful yet alien soundtrack, invokes a sense of awe every time you explore and witness a new surreal landscape.

While I do wish the puzzles were a bit more involved and challenging, what's there is different and visually exciting and adds depth to the exploration. But the highlight is the exploring and in the aspect, Mirrormoon succeeds. If you enjoyed Proteus or are anticipating Skipping Stones, enjoy exploration for the sake of exploration, or just want to play something unique and abstract, I'd recommend Mirrormoon EP.

lefantome

From the Santa Ragione Devblog:

We need more Messofanego here.

Btw, Station42, you know what would be great. If we could hide key holder - some shots would be a lot better without it.

the key holder?

@more_badass: can I use your gif in the op?

Station42

To the developer:
Thanks to a forum member, I was able to try the concept game. I was going to wait for a sale, but after trying that early version, now I'm going to buy it. That's why I think you should make it available, for people like me who were on the fence.

Hi! Thank you! I fully understand your point of view, and we are not actively preventing anyone from accessing and playing the original concept game.

In fact, I just noticed we are hosting its downloads on our servers too! I have no intention of taking it down, as I consider it to be an interesting document of the development of the game.

On the other hand, I don't want to tell players: "here, look at this, try this demo: if you like it you are going to like the full game too" because that's not what that game was designed for. I don't want prospective players that like the new style, pacing and aesthetics of MirrorMoonEP to think that the demo is representative of what they are going to find in the final game.

Btw, I am really thankful for everyone that is sharing their experiences with MirrorMoon EP and their enthusiasm for the game!

Hofmann

It was hard because the ground was overlapping the cupboard.
The one with a broken bridge,
from Memory of a Broken Dimension maybe
, is one of my favourites.

kuppy

Giant Bomb quick look sold me, enjoying it since, wonderful game.

And yeah I would like buy the soundtrack as well.

Station42

Hello! Small update: we just launched the OUYA version, which is basically identical to the PC version and includes cross-platform multiplayer (the galaxies are the same on OUYA/PC)

The OST is coming along very well, we are just making sure the artists are happy with the extended versions they prepared and the sound quality of the files.

Expect some news on this next week!

lefantome

Hello! Small update: we just launched the OUYA version, which is basically identical to the PC version and includes cross-platform multiplayer (the galaxies are the same on OUYA/PC)

The OST is coming along very well, we are just making sure the artists are happy with the extended versions they prepared and the sound quality of the files.

finally some cross platform multiplayer!

it's great, but I don't plan to buy an ouya

Hofmann

I just watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look, and was immediately reminded I needed to buy the game. Man, Jeff/Vinny/Drew are so good on selling me even on indie games.

EDIT: And of course Hoffman's sexy pics ;)

Actually, I was sure you've bought the game already. Hopefully, you'll like it as much as I do and you'll find a good material for some sexy animated magic of yours.

It would be lovely to see it coming to big consoles (as a stealth PS4 fan I would like this one particularly), giving you more exposure, thus more resources to expand the universe and add more features.

Quantum

I really enjoyed this game,

I think I poured about 4-5 hours into it.

The atmosphere is fantastic, but I wish there was more to discover - after naming countless planets (in season one) I have restarted a few times but have found that it becomes rather "samey" after a few plays.

I guess I would say the game felt like playing proteus for the first time. I went in blind and enjoyed the discovery and kept expecting more - only to be let down a little by the lack of depth.

I don't want to sound negative as I really enjoyed the game, but in a lot of ways I think what I imagined was much larger then what the game provided.

Station42

Hi! Small bump because we just released the OST!

v34JNKd.jpg

MirrorMoon EP Soundtrack is now available via BandCamp, at $4.99 (or free streaming)!
It is collaborative work of noisy electronic ambience music composed by 7 different artists with more than 60 minutes of original space music.
Tracks by Nicolò Sala, ella guro, Marco Adamoli, Michael Manning, Eric Hopton, Sine Waver and Keith W. Blackwell.
By buying this album you will support their work, as all the proceedings will be directed to them.

Finally, MirrorMoon EP is currently 33% OFF, both on STEAM and HUMBLE STORE, only $6.99 this whole weekend.

Nasreddin

MirrorMoon is without exaggeration my favourite game of the year. I am loving the sense of being lost in space. So many exciting things to explore. And yes, the soundtrack is great. 6,99 are a steal.

Mirrormoon EP just received a content update
...a new content update, which adds a mysterious button with an unknown function to the Galaxy Map area. New structures that pay homage to other indie games like Kentucky Route Zero and Gone Home have also been erected on MirrorMoon EP's planets.
It's also on sale for $5.99

Station42

Mirrormoon EP just received a content update

It's also on sale for $5.99

Yeah! Thanks for updating the thread! We've added I would say an extra ~10% of content and added functionality to the navigation console (Extra button!) that helps the cooperative exploration, people on the Steam community have already discovered how to use it.

MMEP was also selected for the SXSW Gaming Awards so I'll be in Austin from the 7th to the 9th of March, if you are at SXSW please come say hi in the games area!

The sale will be up until 10AM pst next Monday, and it's also available on our website and the Humble Store

Top Bottom