• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2 - Help Center site appears on EA.com

Zeppelin

I will be upset if this turns out to be a X1 exclusive. I hope they'll release it for the PC with Occulus Rift support.

Wouldn't care much if they changed the protagonist. All the characters in ME was pretty forgettable and the story wasn't exactly what made the game great. I still think I'd prefer a female lead though, but mostly because for hearing dat sexy breathing while running.

iNvid02

2gf1QFt.gif

Kertiously

Neo Member
Hopefully it's not an XBone exclusive. Knowing how money hungry EA is, I seriously doubt that this would be an exclusive to one console.

I will take a PS4 copy if it comes out.

I think mods are going to need a port-begging sticky, next week is going to be a blood bath.

Even though I'm guilty of asking for a PC version of this, I do think port begging should be bannable again. It does become pretty annoying to see post after post asking for a port.

StuBurns

Banned
Even though I'm guilty of asking for a PC version of this, I do think port begging should be bannable again. It does become pretty annoying to see post after post asking for a port.
Well, I don't think it hurts rumor threads, but yeah, once things are official, there's going to be a lot of broken hearts.

mazillion

it'll probably be at the ea press conference. if i find out it's xbone exclusive then i'll probably throw my xbox 360 out the window in a fit of rage

It's not just the port begging, it's all the moaning people do that it's not appearing on their platform, and getting angry about "moneyhats" and the like. Got tired of reading all that nonsense with Bayonetta 2, even though it wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Nintendo (probably like ME2 and MS too).

All three console makers are in this to make money. Sony bought exclusives left and right back in the PS2 era. In the words of Adam Orth - deal with it :)

guek

Banned
Hopefully it's not an XBone exclusive. Knowing how money hungry EA is, I seriously doubt that this would be an exclusive to one console.

I will take a PS4 copy if it comes out.

Actually, it makes more sense that it WOULD be both Xbone exclusive as well as Kinect only. MS is desperate to make kinect a thing among core gamers (see Ryse) and EA probably wouldn't bother making it without the influence of a sizable money hat considering how the first one bombed.

Jac_Solar

Plus those rumors from last year about it being "common knowledge" in the Swedish development world that ME2 is being worked on.

Sianos

"Origin/EA Account"

The mention of it on the help page seems to indicate a PC release. Or at least I hope it does. <3

This'll be a game that forces me to sign up for Origin.

Actually, it makes more sense that it WOULD be both Xbone exclusive as well as Kinect only. MS is desperate to make kinect a thing among core gamers (see Ryse) and EA probably wouldn't bother making it without the influence of a sizable money hat considering how the first one bombed.

I hope it's not Kinect only. Apart from the combat (which could be improved with a controller) I don't see any benefit in making it a full on motion game. I can see it now on N4G from a blog no one has heard of

"Mirrors Edge made me jump over the TV and fall out of the window. I'm suing EA/Microsoft"

Jac_Solar

Pretty much every single big seller started as a "cult" (To varying degrees.) hit. This is how franchises begin.. They can't expect to keep milking the same 2-3 franchises over and over, and they can't expect that a new IP will get tons of sales either. So, they need to establish new IP's and build off them. ME has already been established.

Regarding Kinect, I think this is the type of game that would benefit the least from Kinect integration. It'd be a terrible combination -- this is a platformer, parkour type of game. It needs to be controller based, obviously.

Syncytia

Must. Breathe. pleasebereal. pleasebereal. pleasebereal. breath in. breath out.

I can see the Microsoft marketing in my head..

Mirrors Edge 2 - WITH THE CLOUD

djKFIeV.jpg

Mirrors Edge 2 - WITHOUT THE CLOUD

81GSygr.jpg

Did everyone miss this or am I just late to the party on the cloud thing? Took me a second to get the whole joke, but damn. Bravo.

But Ryse is no longer kinect only...

If Ryse shows us anything, it's that MS realise some games don't work as kinect only titles.

Hindle

Banned
Pretty much every single big seller started as a "cult" (To varying degrees.) hit. This is how franchises begin.. They can't expect to keep milking the same 2-3 franchises over and over, and they can't expect that a new IP will get tons of sales either. So, they need to establish new IP's and build off them. ME has already been established.

Regarding Kinect, I think this is the type of game that would benefit the least from Kinect integration. It'd be a terrible combination -- this is a platformer, parkour type of game. It needs to be controller based, obviously.

Exactly dude. What was Fallout before F3?

Edit. All it takes is momentum and a series can go from unknown to selling 3m copies plus.

Top Bottom