• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst gameplay teaser (more at Gamescom)

Gurish

That didn't look as good as their previous trailers, knew they were just in-engine bullshit, still looks good but I expected more.

.....are you joking? Because that's exactly what it is

Game looks so, so good. And, based on that short clip, sounds pretty good too

Well, I imagine it would have been easy to chose something that would not feel as random, and be it just running on the side of a building fo a few seconds.

A-V-B

Going by that clip, it definitely sounds reminiscent of Solar Fields so I'm 99% sure he's doing it again.

I'm not sure. You'd think they'd've announced it now.

I need this. Kind of disappointing that they changed Faith's VA though from the sound of it.

It's the Baker-North-Bailey-Hale industry stompfest! To quote the Killzone 2 trailer, "give us a chance, you son of a biiiiitch!"

;)

Well, I imagine it would have been easy to chose something that would not feel as random, and be it just running on the side of a building fo a few seconds.
It's a teaser for gameplay that ends right before the action starts.

If you want to see the action, you will see it in their Gamescom footage that is being teased

mango_ash

Neo Member
I loved ME1, but I played that game maybe 3 hours in total. There was something about it that made me so nauseous when playing. No game ever did that to me..

It's a teaser for gameplay that ends right before the action starts.

If you want to see the action, you will see it in their Gamescom footage that is being teased

I'm well aware of that, the randomness of this teaser just caught me by surprise. Nothing more!

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm not sure. You'd think they'd've announced it now.

If it isn't him, it would be disappointing but everything I've heard (except for the very first trailer) sounds great so far, so whoever is doing it is at least capturing his magic, even if it's not him.

SJRB

Gold Member
Really cool. I'm very glad Mirror's Edge is coming back, really looking forward to see more of it.

Liamc723

Really? Just judging by that TINY clip the first one looks heaps better. I realize it's unfinished. Is there higher quality footage of this game out there?

You've obviously forgotten what the original looked like then.

Catalyst looks miles better.

Whats going on with those comments under that video? o_O

Btw it looks really nice and its amazing how fast she can turn around.

Ikon

Looks really really promising. I was afraid they'd stray too far from ME movement but this looks similar.

Not saying day 1 but this should turn into a purchase.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Going by that clip, it definitely sounds reminiscent of Solar Fields so I'm 99% sure he's doing it again.

If so, hype would increase to uncontrollable levels.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Please remove the combat. Please remove the combat. Please remove the combat.

Also please make the game more linear and focused. Yes, more linear. For a game all about momentum the first game sure loved to make you stop and look around to figure out where you were supposed to go. It really hurt the pacing and this combined with the terrible combat hurt the game a lot for me. The game was fun when it embraced the never stop moving gameplay. It's like if a Sonic game made you stop every minute to figure out where you're supposed to go next. That's not what the game should be about.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Also please make the game more linear and focused. Yes, more linear. For a game all about momentum the first game sure loved to make you stop and look around to figure out where you were supposed to go. It really hurt the pacing and this combined with the terrible combat hurt the game a lot for me. The game was fun when it embraced the never stop moving gameplay. It's like if a Sonic game made you stop every minute to figure out where you're supposed to go next. That's not what the game should be about.

I'm pretty certain they said the game was more open world than the previous game.

It has more colors than the original. I still dig it! I want it. Clicked preorder, but the stupid site said it's only available in NA. Bleh.

This looks so gorgeous. I can't believe it's actually happening. I am happy it's open world for aesthetic and exploring reasons, even though I think the design of ME1 will be better, and this will suffer for it's openness gameplay wise.

But still.

I am so happy. I will buy and play.

Thanks John Riccitiello for greenlighting this!

It's open world. Hard luck.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I've gotta say... I'm missing that bright white with splashes of color aesthetic. It was so uniquely Mirror's Edge and made for the most gorgeous environments I've seen in gaming.

Feep

Banned
I've gotta say... I'm missing that bright white with splashes of color aesthetic. It was so uniquely Mirror's Edge and made for the most gorgeous environments I've seen in gaming.
Dude, it's nighttime. That aesthetic is still in full effect.

Source: me, I played this shit for 20 minutes at E3.

Top Bottom