• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
fHtAV.jpg

rDJI6.jpg

tjlKz.jpg

leylandfail.gif

---

Look, we all know that the Giants are a terrible franchise, run by idiots with smug latte-drinking, Prius-driving fans. However, 2 championships in 3 years is impressive.

Good job, good effort, guys!

(PS. Marco Scutaro? WTF)

But now, to the offseason, where the biggest question is: when the fuck will anything interesting happen?

Look forward to the Phillies giving Hamilton a 220/7 contract. Those fans are going to murder Josh. Or maybe I got that backwards.

Will the Orioles make any moves to upgrade their team so that they can actually be maybe a good team next year and not just the luckiest motherfuckers in the history of the sport?

What bizarre trades will Kevin Towers make next?

Who will be left standing after this year's annual game of "Survivor: Marlins"?

And what happens to A-Rod? How long til Magic trades for him?

This shit is gonna suck either way so let's get on with it and February, you can't come soon enough.

---

princesalad.gif

---

CD8197374F2B35E42CD23A121CB2BC.jpg

---

Reyes-Jose-hair.jpg

canada-cn-tower.jpg

jose-reyes-getty.jpeg

zulux21

may this offseason be full of lots of trades,
I have one adam dunn for sale, opening bid is a bag of peanuts, any takers?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Look, we all know that the Giants are a terrible franchise, run by idiots with smug latte-drinking, Prius-driving fans.

B6QZo.gif

Good job, good effort, guys!

(PS. Marco Scutaro? WTF)

0H5k0.gif

While San Francisco is burning down I'd like to take this opportunity to say something to one Ned Colletti.

http://i.imgur.com/nj6Dq.jpg[/IMG

Get your shit together.[/QUOTE]

He's part of the master plan to sabotage you from the inside.

zulux21

Ah yeah, WBC is next year. Are we just going to use this thread for that?

Hmmm maybe with an active baseball community to talk to I will be able to get into the WBC this time around, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it end like the last two did, with japan winning

Hmmm maybe with an active baseball community to talk to I will be able to get into the WBC this time around, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it end like the last two did, with japan winning

Im expecting US to pull all the stops to win this year.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Twins basically need to add an entire rotation this off season. I hope they go hard after Anibal Sanchez, bring back Baker on a renegotiated one year deal with incentives & a 2014 option. I hope for the other arm, they see if they can get a decent deal on Haren or Marcum or maybe try to participate in the inevitable Marlins fire sale.

I assume one of Span or Revere is going to get traded. If they trade Span, they better get a major league ready starter or middle infielder with several years of team control. I worry they don't value Span enough, and overvalue Revere so I almost trust them to push for a better trade if they move Revere.

Thankfully they plan in a division where 85 could win, so they could be back in contention pretty quickly. I'm most excited to see Gibson in spring training. He's been great in the AFL.

Malo

Banned
The Twins basically need to add an entire rotation this off season. I hope they go hard after Anibal Sanchez, bring back Baker on a renegotiated one year deal with incentives & a 2014 option. I hope for the other arm, they see if they can get a decent deal on Haren or Marcum or maybe try to participate in the inevitable Marlins fire sale.

I assume one of Span or Revere is going to get traded. If they trade Span, they better get a major league ready starter or middle infielder with several years of team control. I worry they don't value Span enough, and overvalue Revere so I almost trust them to push for a better trade if they move Revere.

Thankfully they plan in a division where 85 could win, so they could be back in contention pretty quickly. I'm most excited to see Gibson in spring training. He's been great in the AFL.
Hughes for Sano.

dmag1223

Jocketty needs to find a leadoff hitter, preferably someone who can play CF. Otherwise I like the look of our team going into 2013.

If it's exclusively going to be on MLB Network, no one's going to be able to see it.

zulux21

I've got a bad feeling we're going to end up with A-Rod before the season begins.

really, as long as the yankees cover most of his contract I don't see why it would be such a horrible thing to have AROD. Is he the player he was in his prime, no. Is he overall at least a decent third basemen yes. He sure as hell isn't worth the money he is getting, but if the yankees were to eat 90% of that contract he would be come a 2.5mil a year third baseman, which I wouldn't mind seeing my team pick up.

on the flip side I also wouldn't hate the idea of the white sox giving Carlos Sanchez a shot at third even though he will only be 20 to start next season.

Congrats to the Giants...props, Giants-Age.

To the Tigers...goddammit, you let those fucking hippies win again? Technically, with the exception of the glorious Yankees restoring baseball order, it's been ALol since 2008. :(
Gotta get back on track, boys.

Top Bottom