• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

rinse82

I wish Rogers would dump a truckload of money on Shulman's driveway and bring back the
Dan-Buck combo.

He probably wouldn't do it since he enjoys the college basketball side with espn, but you never know. Pretty sure he still lives in Toronto.

I'm just venting cause I realized we're stuck with Tabler another year

I wish Rogers would dump a truckload of money on Shulman's driveway and bring back the
Dan-Buck combo.

He probably wouldn't do it since he enjoys the college basketball side with espn, but you never know. Pretty sure he still lives in Toronto.

Shulman also does Sunday Night Baseball, he isn't going anywhere

Fenix

Dan-Buck combo.

The best solution would just be to sync up the radio broadcast on the TV. Buck and Tabby can be let go for all I care.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Evan Gattis does horrible things to baseballs. He just hit one out of the Mississippi stadium. Landed in the parking lot.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
To finally wash your SB loss away ;)

gkNIVpO.gif

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Terry Collins will not be platooning in the outfield to start the season.

Collins said he will use a regular outfield of Lucas Duda in left field, Collin Cowgill in center field and Marlon Byrd in right field, while trying to find opportunities off the bench for Jordany Valdespin, Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Mike Baxter.

Nieuwenhuis likely will be a late-game defensive replacement for Duda.

"One of the things we've got to make sure we do, that's cover ourselves defensively," Collins said. "Be it center field, be it late for Lucas, or whatever it might be, he's the best outfielder we've got, in my opinion. Defensively he can really play center field. So we thought we could take him. Hopefully if he starts swinging, like he did last year, I'm sure he's going to get a lot of playing time. But he does give us a lot of security."

Cowgill, 26, was acquired from the Oakland Athletics on Dec. 18 for minor league third baseman Jefry Marte. He hit .303 in Grapefruit League play.

"He had a pretty good spring," Collins said. "He hit righties as good as anybody. If it doesn't work out, we've got Kirk there. So we've got some options."

The decision to try Cowgill full time in center, as well as the decision to carry Nieuwenhuis, signals the Mets were not comfortable with Valdespin as a fielder -- at least with Duda also playing in the outfield.
Duda saved his ass the last 2 weeks of Spring training. Valdespin loses the starting job; Dmncnby2k9 am cry.

Macattk15

Oh snap. Baseball actually starts tomorrow? I was unaware Texas vs. Houston was tomorrow night.

Guess I'll watch and hope Astros can win.

I'm going to Miller Park Tuesday straight from school, so people are going to think I'm some superfan psycho. Good times await!

I'm also going to drive up to Minneapolis for the game on my birthday. My girl and I have friends up there, so the plan is to go to the MIL-MIN game at Miller Park the day before, drive up and go to the game at Target Field. Need been there before, so I'm pretty jazzed to get another stadium under my belt.

Posey extension breakdown:

2013 (age 26): $3 million
2014 (age 27): $10.5 million
2015 (age 28): $16.5 million
2016 (age 29): $20 million
2017 (age 30): $21.4 million
2018 (age 31): $21.4 million
2019 (age 32): $21.4 million
2020 (age 33): $21.4 million
2021 (age 34): $21.4 million
2022 (age 35): $22 million club option ($3 million buyout)

-- Full no-trade protection

-- $7 million signing bonus

Award bonuses:
-- MVP: $100,000
-- World Series MVP: $100,000
-- LCS MVP: $75,000
-- Gold Glove: $50,000
-- Silver Slugger: $50,000
-- All-Star starter: $50,000
-- All-Star selection: $25,000

Verlander extension breakdown:

2013 (age 30): $20 million
2014 (age 31): $20 million
2015 (age 32): $28 million
2016 (age 33): $28 million
2017 (age 34): $28 million
2018 (age 35): $28 million
2019 (age 36): $28 million
2020 (age 37): $20 million vesting option (vests if Verlander finishes in Top 5 of 2019 Cy Young voting)

-- Full no-trade protection

Top Bottom