• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I love the Posey deal. Great deal, especially if they convert him to 1B halfway through the deal. The Verlander one kind of scares me.

Then we have to move belt to OF :/

There were some random talk of having belt and 1st and Posey at 3rd then maybe moving Pablo if he doesnt shape up sometime soon.

Posey's deal also contains a full no-trade clause.

Posey's deal completely blows away the previous record deal for a player with less than 3.000 MLB service time. The previous record was Carlos Gonzalez's 7-year, $80 million deal with the Rockies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Blue Jays claimed Alex Burnett on waivers. Thank Christ. Now the Twins need to find someone to give them a couple of nice bats for Drew Butera.

Ned is waiting, Clayton.

aGSLkS8.gif

Gannd

Banned
Anyone want to join a fantasy baseball league? I got a free deal with my MLB.tv subscription and I might as well use it.

Meier

I see it hasn't been posted here.. just in case anyone is interested. Man City will take on Chelsea a few days after the end of the Premier League ends at Busch Stadium.

City will cross the Atlantic at the end of May to take on Chelsea at the famous Busch Stadium in St Louis.

It will be the first-ever international football match to take place at Iconic 46,861 capacity stadium in Missouri and marks a rare opportunity for the Blues to play in front of the growing, passionate fan base in the States.

The 2012-13 Premier League champions will take on the 2012-13 Champions of Europe on Thursday, May 23rd at 7.30pm CST.
“For two days in May our baseball heaven will be transformed into an international soccer haven,” commented Bill DeWitt III, President of the St Louis Cardinals who are proud to call Busch Stadium home.
Tickets start at $30 and go on sale April 2 at 10AM CST at Cardinals.com/Soccer or the Busch Stadium Box Office.

There will be a limit of 8 tickets per purchase.

A special pre-sale will be held April 1st for Cardinals Season Ticket holders.
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tour-2013/March/City-to-meet-Chelsea-in-St-Louis-in-May?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Saw this absolutely mind blowing nugget on Twitter:

On Thursday, Roberto Hernandez will end Rays streak of 1,693 games without using a SP signed as major league free agent (Wilson Alvarez, 7/12/02)

Hopefully Fausto Roberto can be this years Rodney.

Saw this absolutely mind blowing nugget on Twitter:

On Thursday, Roberto Hernandez will end Rays streak of 1,693 games without using a SP signed as major league free agent (Wilson Alvarez, 7/12/02)

Hopefully Fausto Roberto can be this years Rodney.

Roberto Hernandez had one fluke year with the Indians. The Rays will release him by May.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Roberto Hernandez had one fluke year with the Indians. The Rays will release him by May.

2010 - 3.77 ERA / 4.11 FIP

If the Rays get something near that out of him then he'll be around for a while.

Personally I don't think he's long for the rotation anyway - he will get moved to the bullpen if they can't figure out whats going on with Niemann and his velocity and Archer will be back in the bigs sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom