• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

eznark

Banned
TWO FUCKING DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

braun.gif

rinse82

100% can, I saw a Reyes one a couple weeks ago.............but last year they didn't have my hat size in stock at the start of the season so go quickly to make sure they have what you want size wise

Is the Jays shop in Sears run by the club? I've got $50 credit on my flex pack subscriber card that can be used on food, memorabilia, etc but thinking that's limited to stadium purchases. I'll give Em a call.

Jon

Man, I really need this weekend, but I am just looking past it to Monday. So close!

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Braves sweep, but whatever, at least there's hope of wins!

Fenix

Is the Jays shop in Sears run by the club? I've got $50 credit on my flex pack subscriber card that can be used on food, memorabilia, etc but thinking that's limited to stadium purchases. I'll give Em a call.
Isn't the Jays Shop at the dome open though? The one by the pedestrian bridge.

Lexxism

Verlander will make $20 million for each of the next two seasons, then $28 million annually from 2015-2019, leading up to the option year, Buster Olney of ESPN.com reported. The Tigers have not confirmed or commented on that report.

Wow if that is true

I wouldn't do that for any pitcher, not even Verlander. There's just too much risk there.

Suddenly Kyle Lohse for three years and thirty-three million doesn't look so bad.

BFIB

Really, really glad the Cardinals locked up Waino when they did now.

Holy fuck at the premium price for pitching.

turnbuckle

Sad news about Johan Santana, "With re-tear of shoulder capsule", He might be done :( its all over twitter.

I tore my shoulder capsule last year and after surgery in October I'm still recovering - slowly. I can't throw a baseball with any kind of force behind it, pull ups are still out of the question, and even trying to lift more than a 20lb dumbbell is pushing it. It's not a matter of not having the strength, but the risk of re-tearing it. I'm sure he had more skilled surgeons working on his shoulder but still. Damn. Fucking thing sucks. Sorry dudes, Johan was fun to watch.

turnbuckle

I'm glad we got the Verlander deal out of the way. Expensive as hell, but with an owner doing whatever he can to cheat death I don't mind throwing money away right now. Not too many opportunities to build a team this good or to have a pitcher that great locked up for basically their whole career. I don't have much doubt when Illitch croaks that whomever takes over the team will be in firesale mode on the back half of the Verlander/Fielder contracts. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. This also probably means that Scherzer won't be a Tiger after this season.

BFIB

No one can say that the MLB isn't the healthiest its ever been.

Man, I fucking hate to give Selig credit on anything, but MLB is on fire right now.

Top Bottom