• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fun part about that deal is that it's so good that we basically just made the Astros fine back.

Good going there MLB.

There wasn't much MLB can do about the fine amount. $2m is the largest thing they're allowed to fine an organization

edit: Martinez deal also has 2 option years, so potentially 7 years through 2023. WOW.

There wasn't much MLB can do about the fine amount. $2m is the largest thing they're allowed to fine an organization

edit: Martinez deal also has 2 option years, so potentially 7 years through 2023. WOW.
I get that, I just still think we should have gotten something bigger in addition to the actual monetary fine itself. We got fined chump change and some blah picks after we already had a stellar draft slate last year. Then we get to cap off the festivities with a great extension. Seems a little funny is all.

Player options, I'm assuming?

Fantastic deal, provided he stays healthy
and alive 😐

Langosch didn't say what kind of options they were, but aren't player options usually called opt-outs these days?

I'd bet they're team options, but maybe that's wishful thinking :lol

don't think we have to worry about CMart doing what Ventura or Taveras did - he actually wanted Taveras to come with him to a resort right before Taveras died. CMart sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders

BFIB

CMART will earn 4.5 mil next season, then 11.5 mil over the next four. Two club options at 17 mil and 18 mil.

CMART will earn 4.5 mil next season, then 11.5 mil over the next four. Two club options at 17 mil and 18 mil.

Great deal, even if he gets injured for a year. He's projected to be roughly a ~4 win pitcher in his age 25 season, so room to improve too.

Glad to have him under team control until 2023. Guess he was serious about wanting to be a Cardinal for life

BFIB

Great deal, even if he gets injured for a year. He's projected to be roughly a ~4 win pitcher in his age 25 season, so room to improve too.

Glad to have him under team control until 2023. Guess he was serious about wanting to be a Cardinal for life
Leaves us plenty for Machado.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2017/1/31/14455694/sf-giants-trades-offseason

Which is to say, the Mariners have made an awful lot of trades this offseason. The total is 12 so far, which doesn’t include the waivers, DFAs, and free agents. It’s up to 13 if you consider a three-way trade as two separate deals.

The Mariners have as many offseason trades since October as the Giants have in every offseason combined since 2004. That’s another way to put it.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Romo choosing between #Dodgers and second, unidentified club. LAD also talking to other relievers, including Blanton.

Giants spy looking to cause chaos within Dodgers organization.

By the way I missed the Blue Jays signing J.P. Howell. You got yourselves a well-liked relief pitcher Jays fans. Godspeed J.P.

The Mariners are disgusting, but this lid is hot fire.

thumb.aspx

With the re-signing of Salas and Blevins the Mets are bringing back the exact same team sans for Colon leaving and Wheeler being on the roster in some capacity, right? I'm not forgetting anyone am I in this amazingly boring offseason?

Beckx

huge crowds in Peoria to get Ohtani's autograph

supposedly they'll be back next year for spring training. i might try to go for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom