• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Hmmm, I'll let that thread title stand...for now.

By not taking action, you may find yourself thinking that you have failed as a mod, as a human being, and have not only let all of us down, but yourself as well. I shall pray to the baseball and mustard gods for your redemption.

You still have time to do the right thing.

imBask

Banned
Hmmm, I'll let that thread title stand...for now.

Hot-dog-ketchup-49876.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
By not taking action, you may find yourself thinking that you have failed as a mod, as a human being, and have not only let all of us down, but yourself as well. I shall pray to the baseball and mustard gods for your redemption.

You still have time to do the right thing.

Plenty of time left in the season, friend!

I was hoping the thread title would be "Come watch the Cubs collapse"

Save it for the postseason thread!

BFIB

Dang, GK86 had that many posts? He does excellent work on the Netflix threads, didn't think he had that much time to post elsewhere.

So, it's looking pretty obvious that the Braves will probably get the 2019 ASG due to them being in their new park by then. I'm curious who else has a decent chance as well? All I could think of was Dodger Stadium (Last held in 1980) and Fenway Park (1999)

So, it's looking pretty obvious that the Braves will probably get the 2019 ASG due to them being in their new park by then. I'm curious who else has a decent chance as well? All I could think of was Dodger Stadium (Last held in 1980) and Fenway Park (1999)
Stanton at Dodger Stadium. I'll pay just to hang out in the parking lot.

XiaNaphryz

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/188667660/predicting-next-host-for-mlb-all-star-game

Here are the current MLB stadiums that have never hosted an All-Star Game:

Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
SunTrust Park, Atlanta (opening next year)
Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg
Yankee Stadium, New York (the new one, of course)

There are also five active stadiums that haven't hosted the game in more than 20 years:

Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles (1980)
Oakland Coliseum, Oakland (1987)
Wrigley Field, Chicago (1990)
Rogers Centre, Toronto (1991)
Camden Yards, Baltimore (1993)

So, with apologies to the next-best candidates Texas and Cleveland --- which last hosted in 1995 and '97, respectively -- you probably start with those venues. Although no offense to the Coliseum and the Trop -- both lovely places to see a game -- but with those two stadiums in flux, maybe we should table them for now.

After four consecutive NL hosts, you'd have to think an American League team would be next. Theoretically, it would be Yankee Stadium, but New York just hosted the All-Star Game at Citi Field in 2013. (This is the problem with opening two new stadiums the same season, New York.) That surely pushes the Yanks down the list. There's a new Rangers stadium supposedly coming in 2021, but other than that, there are no new AL stadiums planned. Thus, of all those AL stadiums mentioned above, the one that looks most likely to me is … Toronto. It will have been nearly 30 years since the Blue Jays last hosted, it'd be a way to celebrate Canada (and further gauge Canadian interest in potentially another team) and it would give everybody an excuse to make sure their passports are updated. Your next AL stadium is probably Toronto.

NL? Well, Atlanta might need a couple of years to get its parking situation settled and figured out. Wrigley Field can host anytime, and you have to imagine, once all its construction is done, that it zooms up the list. (Particularly if the Cubs win a World Series sometime in the next few years.) But it looks like, in an immediate sense, it's a battle between Los Angeles and Philadelphia. Since Commissioner Manfred has already met with Dodgers officials -- who would certainly pony up in a bidding process -- I'll make them the top NL bet. But with more NL stadiums prepared to host than AL stadiums, the wait might not be that long.

So, my official predictions for the next, oh, 10 All-Star Games is as follows (the first two are the confirmed ones):

2017: Marlins Park, Miami (confirmed)
2018: Nationals Park, Washington (confirmed)
2019: Rogers Centre, Toronto
2020: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
2021: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
2022: SunTrust Park, Atlanta
2023: Unnamed Rangers Stadium, Arlington
2024: Wrigley Field, Chicago
2025: Yankee Stadium, New York
2026: Camden Yards, Baltimore

XiaNaphryz

I'm with you, BFIB. I was not expecting to be in the top 10, let alone be number one.

Half of those posts are calling for de Aza to be released. The other half is saying fucking Murphy.

You are now the new Frankman.

Which sailor scout is your favorite?

Top Bottom