• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG World Championship 2016 |OT| Everything was Blue-Eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fj0823

IXFfiiM.png

Twitch

Youtube Day One
t1471699800z1.png

Youtube Finals
t1471784400z1.png

Banlist used for this event
This is basically a combination of the TCG and OCG banlists.
Goes up to Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack.
Excludes cards that are not available in both TCG and OCG territories (Kozmos, Kaijus, Paleozoic).

JN4KEuM.jpg

Dan Green and Eric Stuart who will be reprising their roles for the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions movie are attending the event to hold a live duel event and sign autographs.

Event Information
Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Thanks to HypnoDarkrai for doing most of the work.

14045896_670088763141830_3474652567330700553_n.jpg

I was gonna suggest |OT| Sponsored by Kaiba Corporation

I'll try to catch some of the event but hope everyone has fun watching!

I don't know how much of this I'll be watching, but I caught the Maldoche game and damn that deck looks fun to mess around with. It's great to see older archetypes occasionally standing up to the predictable meta decks, even if they can't do it consistently. Now if only my beloved Sylvans had anything close to 'consistency' these days. :(

KingBroly

Banned
I don't know how much of this I'll be watching, but I caught the Maldoche game and damn that deck looks fun to mess around with. It's great to see older archetypes occasionally standing up to the predictable meta decks, even if they can't do it consistently. Now if only my beloved Sylvans had anything close to 'consistency' these days. :(

I wish Yugioh and Pokemon would sell Worlds Decks like Magic does/did.

I wish Yugioh and Pokemon would sell Worlds Decks like Magic does/did.

Yeah, there's going to be a lot more interest in Madolches now so something like that would be a smart move. At the same time, a lot of this year's popular decks will probably be featured heavily in this year's Mega Tin anyway.

Do the commentators do a decent job of making this accessible to newbies? Kinda interested in this, but the twitch stream right now is I think showing a replay of an old match, and wasn't particularly easy to follow.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Are Monarchs just going to win everything

yugioh voice actor thing hooray

these are usually fun

nvm they dubbed over a scene from the movie live, kinda cool but not as fun as the other ones

Fj0823

Do the commentators do a decent job of making this accessible to newbies? Kinda interested in this, but the twitch stream right now is I think showing a replay of an old match, and wasn't particularly easy to follow.

From what I'm watching....no

"He's pendulum summoning Monkeyboard"
"He'll probably play Dante"

No explanations on the cards or mechanics or what that play means to the game whatsoever

EMT0

Banned
I don't think they'll actually hit anything if they can help it. True there's no immediate Blue-Eyes stuff to sell on the horizon, but there's two things to consider. Blue-Eyes hasn't been the bell of the ball yet in the meta, and Sage/Ancients is going to be a big draw for next year's megatins.

I figure it'll get the same treatment as Satellars last year. Hit a consistency card, not the deck. Maybe Melody and Trade-In to two, since Trade-In is also Monarch-relevant, and Melody is (possibly) going to be reprinted in the Mega-Tins.

That said, Blue-Eyes is actually falling out of favor in the OCG, without a single hit to the deck. So who knows.

Miracle

Everything really was Blue-Eyes!

So, what BEWD cards will get hit?

I'm thinking either Sage or Stone

Return of the Dragon Lords. That's it. Everything else is fine.

Besides this is Blue Eyes we are talking about. Konami won't hurt them that much IMO. It's mostly Monarchs that will RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom