• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions Film's Poster Visual Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjUzjB4.jpg

The staff of the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions anime film unveiled a new poster visual for the film on Friday. The visual depicts Yūgi, Kaiba, and new character Aigami, with Yūgi holding the Millennium Puzzle with a missing piece. The poster contains the text "Fight for what you believe in."
ANN

AR duel disk?

Hexa

Oh shit. New Duel Disk looks boss as fuck. Almost makes his arm look android like. HYPED!

Toa TAK

Banned
No Pharaoh, though, right?

I mean, it's okay because that dude was literally a HACK. "Heart of the Cards" my ass.

No Pharaoh, though, right?

I mean, it's okay because that dude was literally a HACK. "Heart of the Cards" my ass.

the puzzle's power is to literally manipulate probabilty to give you whatever card you need to win.

dude was just as much of a cheat as Pegasus

Yeah, see... I don't actually care for the card game whatsoever, haven't for like 8 years. But if they're gonna continue the idea of the ancient Egyptian involvement and shit instead of the damn motorcycles and all that stuff, then I'll watch

Toa TAK

Banned
the puzzle's power is to literally manipulate probabilty to give you whatever card you need to win.

dude was just as much of a cheat as Pegasus

Yeah, and then suddenly I'm expected to look back on those episodes with cheer?

He out-cheated a cheater while both had fucking magic artifacts and other bullshit, but he's still a cheater.

jwk94

I'm surprised they didn't mess up the designs like they did Digimon 03. Might actually have to watch this. Any clue if this'll be dubbed?

I haven't watched and Yugioh abridged in almost two years but to heavily paraphrase a Tristan line from the abridged first movie "Yugi dueling Seto, what a unique concept for this movie".

Eventually you have to give up. That's if the few things I liked about the Buu Saga. Vegeta finally relenting to Goku.

Zalman

I'm surprised they didn't mess up the designs like they did Digimon 03. Might actually have to watch this. Any clue if this'll be dubbed?
The teaser trailer was uploaded by their international YouTube channel. I'm sure they're dubbing it. Question is if they will bring back the same voice cast.

The teaser trailer was uploaded by their international YouTube channel. I'm sure they're dubbing it. Question is if they will bring back the same voice cast.
I hope they do but without any of the usual dub bullshit (changing music, changing lines/story for no real reason, etc.)

Seems like anime studios recently (mostly Toei but still) have finally learned how to bank on nostalgia. If this gets a theatrical release in the states I will totally go see it.

Kaiba better summon his Blue Eye White Dragon in this movie.

Plus, I wonder how the movie will explain why Yugi still has the puzzle...

Takao

Banned
I want 4Kids to come back and do the dub.

With the same cast, damn it.

The team that handles the Yu-Gi-Oh! dub for Konami is made up almost entirely of former 4Kids people.

I hope they do but without any of the usual dub bullshit (changing music, changing lines/story for no real reason, etc.)

Seems like anime studios recently (mostly Toei but still) have finally learned how to bank on nostalgia. If this gets a theatrical release in the states I will totally go see it.

The teaser trailer had different music, which doesn't bode well for the movie itself. I'd expect the script to stay fairly close, since this was a production originally announced in the US.

As for a theatrical run, if the shitty 3D crossover movie got one, I'm sure this one will too. It'll probably be a super limited event release, though.

Vashetti

Banned
I'll wait for the Abridged version, though LittleKuriboh's recent episodes have been meh. The voices are different, the pitch is dialled up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom