• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh is the next Twitch marathon! (and also RWBY I guess)

A MAGICIAN NEVER REVEALS HIS SECRETS

262.gif

Take a shot every time they contradict the official rules

Wasn't that only because the actual card game wasn't a thing when they first made the show or am I remembering that wrong?

Also gonna say even when I was a fan I preferred the original manga where there was a different game every chapter and the Pharaoh was more like vigilante Jigsaw.

Trace

Banned
Wasn't that only because the actual card game wasn't a thing when they first made the show or am I remembering that wrong?

Also gonna say even when I was a fan I preferred the original manga where there was a different game every chapter and the Pharaoh was more like vigilante Jigsaw.

The Yugioh that we know and got dubbed was made in 2000 and the original card game came out in 1998, so no the card game came out first. The original manga came out I think in 1997 though so it's possible if they were directly following the manga that the rules wouldn't have been planned out at that time.

Zubz

Banned
Play your last pathetic card, Yugi.

... My friends wanted to play Yu-Gi-Oh! recently, & after they taught me how to play as him, I said that every turn. I also announced every Trap Card. They haven't played with me since.

Volimar

Play your last pathetic card, Yugi.

... My friends wanted to play Yu-Gi-Oh! recently, & after they taught me how to play as him, I said that every turn. I also announced every Trap Card. They haven't played with me since.

Are there other ways to play?

sjay1994

IT'S TIME TO

DU

DU

DU

DU

DUDUDUEL

I hope they call out every time Yugi cheats.

I will now fuse my monster with your monster, deducting 1/2 of its attack points.

Yami was a notorious cheater and the only way Kaiba could win was literally trying to kill himself.

PR_rambo

Banned
How did they know I watched this in junior high, like I was literally in the 6th grade

Man I'm so hype IT'S TIME TO DUEL

Now that I think about finding the original manga was such a surreal experience while being a fan of the show. It was the first time I found out about that characters having different names originally.

It was much, MUCH more violent. Seriously it was clearly being marketed with the anime in mind but you go from invisible guns to the Kaiba brothers MULTIPLE attempts to murder Yugi and his friends.

There's an entire arc where Kaiba traps them in an Arcade style Murder world and Joey has to kill a leatherface knockoff.

Swiggins

Y'all sleeping on RWBY

For real, it's become the little series that could.

I've never watched anything on Twitch other than live game-play or the occasional VOD. Can anybody tell me what to expect? Besides chat moving a mile a second and copious amounts of memes of course.

Take a shot whenever they explain what Pot of Greed does.

Take a shot? You fool! You're supposed to take two!

MadeULook

We just need to come up with a drinking game that won't kill everyone by the end of the first day. That's the true challenge.

Could care less about RWBY though.

GX is pretty decent, but the OG series has got Duelist Kingdom and Battle City, even that stupid arc where they had to duel the big 5, and even fucking Tea had to duel a Penguin for her body

Opinions I guess.
Cause the only thing out of all that I like is Battle City.

MadeULook

So you do care SOME then?
Not really. I watched all four volumes recently on Blu-ray and thought it was a pretty boring show. Some solid action in the first three volumes and okay-ish music at times. I'm thinking about watching volume five but haven't really decided.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How did they know I watched this in junior high, like I was literally in the 6th grade

Your demographic is their primary userbase, that's how.

In fact many of their administration was likely in 6th grade when you were in 6th grade.

Not really. I watched all four volumes recently on Blu-ray and thought it was a pretty boring show. Some solid action in the first three volumes and okay-ish music at times. I'm thinking about watching volume five but haven't really decided.

I was more poking fun at your phrasing.

I love RWBY and still hope some people here will give it a chance but I understand it's not going to be for everyone.

MadeULook

I was more poking fun at your phrasing.

I love RWBY and still hope some people here will give it a chance but I understand it's not going to be for everyone.
I get why people like it for sure. I got some friends and a younger cousin who absolutely adore the show. My cousin gave me volumes 1-3 after she bought that steelbook release. Never touched the till last week. She loves talking about the show to me so I'll probably watch volume five for her haha.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yu-Gi-Oh does not hold up. At all.

I guess it will be fan to make fun of with Twitch chat, though.

Dubbed... UGH.

Most people who watched the show watched the dubbed version. A nostalgia trip is kinda ruined when you don't present as you remember.

Top Bottom