• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY Twitch Marathon |OT| Oct 9 Will Be The Day

Jindrael

Banned
Yang can't be ready to encounter Taurus yet. I could see Raven training Yang which will lead her to completely decimating Adam.

As much as I think Adam is an ass, there is no way anybody from the 2 main teams should have a chance at this point.

He might be an ass but he is not a pushover

Yang can't be ready to encounter Taurus yet. I could see Raven training Yang which will lead her to completely decimating Adam.

I think it's going to be awhile before either Yang or Blake are actually "ready" to fight Adam. But yeah, I could see Yang getting some more training in the near future to help make her closer to that goal.

Speaking of Raven, I love the theory that Adam might have originally grown up in her tribe of bandits before he went off on his own and joined the White Fang. His fighting style and outfit is eerily similar to hers and Miles has said before that he and Yang have similar semblances on purpose.

OMG Aero

I started watching these streams to laugh at bad animation along with Twitch chat after seeing gifs floating around of season 1 ages ago, but somewhere in season 3 I got invested in the story and actually started enjoying it.

It's going to be kind of a bummer watching season 5 one episode at a time and without Twitch chat to look at.

I started watching these streams to laugh at bad animation along with Twitch chat after seeing gifs floating around of season 1 ages ago, but somewhere in season 3 I got invested in the story and actually started enjoying it.

It's going to be kind of a bummer watching season 5 one episode at a time and without Twitch chat to look at.

Welcome to the fandom! Theory's are to the left and shipping on the right.

Merc I can see her being able to beat near-term. Someone like Neo, I suspect not quite yet. Neo is all agility/evasion/counters.

I actually think the show is probably going to redirect Neo to be more one of Ruby's primary villains in the near future, given their previous encounter in V3 and how Neo last saw Roman fighting Ruby.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I actually think the show is probably going to redirect Neo to be more one of Ruby's primary villains in the near future, given their previous encounter in V3 and how Neo last saw Roman fighting Ruby.

Oh I agree there, I replied with that since we were on the topic of Yang's various "getting thoroughly Worfed" fights.

jman2050

I’m definitely on board for season 5 and beyond. Despite some continuing irksome issues (the show uses world-building via exposition as a crutch and is REALLY bad at it more often than not) I thoroughly enjoyed what I’ve seen so far.

Oh I agree there, I replied with that since we were on the topic of Yang's various "getting thoroughly Worfed" fights.

At the risk of sounding a bit whiny, I kinda want Weiss to be the one who gets Worf'd next time. They really do Worf Yang too often in the show and Weiss would be a good alternative in the near future, given how OP her Summon semblance is.

Mix it up for who gets jobbed and have everyone go through their ups and downs fightwise.

Luigi87

Unfortunately due to work and stuff I'm consistently a day behind Twitch D=

But watching though volume 3 right now, it's pretty great.

"They don't give out awards for all most..."
"Yes they do! It's called silver! =D"

That exchanged slayed me.

Unfortunately due to work and stuff I'm consistently a day behind Twitch D=

But watching though volume 3 right now, it's pretty great.

"They don't give out awards for all most..."
"Yes they do! It's called silver! =D"

That exchanged slayed me.

Best season, not counted those shaky first three fights. Let us know what you think of the it once it's finished.

Unfortunately, after this season, Ren will be demoted to being a background character again.

I see what you mean, but I'm camping in the Team ORNJ theory, just seems to fit so well. Jaune in particular has unfinished business with Oz, for a) what he sees Oz forcing Phyrra into doing what she did, and b) why Oz would let Jaune into the academy, regardless of those papers he got his hands on, despite clearly being the most inept of his whole age group. I expect Ren and Nora won't be missing from many of Jaune's scenes since they seem like such a tightly knit until based on those last shots of Volume 4, so I can see the three having a kind of elder sibling relationship going on with Oscar.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Armed and Ready is so good.

The number one thing I want from RWBY now is to see Yang beat the everloving shit out of Adam. They can fumble the whole rest of the story for all I care.

Agreed. Yang needs to beat that ass after what he did to her.

Oscar.

Team ORNJ incoming

Definitely going to happen.

SDBurton

As an aside, is anyone else here going to go to one of the theatrical premieres of Volume 5 Episode 1 tonight? I'm heading to the one near where I live in a little while.

I would go if the theater right next to my house was participating, not sure if I want to drive downtown to check it out.

I thought it'd be cooler if Penny's creator made a Penny 2.0 that replaced Pyrrha on their team. It would look different and have different memories but still be Penny.

I would definitely be okay with this, but I feel like they're going to push Oscar hard and what better way to do so than to place him in an established team that will have a spot open after Ruby reunites with her own.

That being said, I want Penny back so bad. T_T

Gravidee

Merc I can see her being able to beat near-term. Someone like Neo, I suspect not quite yet. Neo is all agility/evasion/counters. Probably Yang's worst matchup style-wise.

I could see Yang learning from her past mistakes if she were to rematch against Neo. Her little pep talk with Taiyang about her not always having to rely on her brute strength all the time is definitely going to come into play later.

SDBurton

Reminder for those currently watching with us or lurking: tomorrow's marathon will be covering ALL 4 VOLUMES of RWBY. So if you came in late at the start of the run or missed a volume due to other priorities, tomorrow would be a great time to tune in with the rest of us as we go through them all one more time (technically 2) before Volume 5 begins Saturday! I expect the viewer count to be high due to it being the end of the week and people holding off checking this out until all 4 volumes were ran in succession of one another. Either way it should be a lot of fun. :D

Luigi87

SKGUUre.jpg

At work, I realize I may be watching too much RWBY...

SDBurton

Currently at work, wishing I was at home so could spend it with you guys. Here's hoping I'll get there during the tail end of Vol 2. *crossing fingers*

I thought it'd be cooler if Penny's creator made a Penny 2.0 that replaced Pyrrha on their team. It would look different and have different memories but still be Penny.

I think she'll be redesigned a bit like all the other returning characters, but still be her. Perhaps not understanding why Pyrrha did what she did, and having trust issues with anyone not named "Ruby Rose".

But why woudl she come back you say? well simple, shes a natural counter to Emerald. Can't insert visions into the eyes of a machine.

Is it me or not, but given the little bit of controversy surrounding Lindsay's delivery in BlazBlue (which yeah, those squeaks are grating), she was so much more mellow at the start here eh?

I guess I got used to the squeakiness of her future deliveries to realise that this particularly chilled version of her fits the current mood of the show a bit more than what she's actually performing.

Edit:

Oooooooo, meanwhile Kara is even worse than I remember, and I still expected hers to be bad. Ah well, guess much like her character, she's the most notably improved cast member of the four.

Luigi87

That's clearly RBWY. tho.

"RBWY"

Clearly you haven't been watching enough.

Edit: Lol, should have kept reading, already been addressed.

Fixed it! lol

Is it me or not, but given the little bit of controversy surrounding Lindsay's delivery in BlazBlue (which yeah, those squeaks are grating), she was so much more mellow at the start here eh?

I guess I got used to the squeakiness of her future deliveries to realise that this particularly chilled version of her fits the current mood of the show a bit more than what she's actually performing.

Edit:

Oooooooo, meanwhile Kara is even worse than I remember, and I still expected hers to be bad. Ah well, guess much like her character, she's the most notably improved cast member of the four.

As someone who only got into RWBY this week, yeah Kara as Weiss sounded really rough to me during early volume 1 (though I would also place some blame on the voice direction), but she is vastly improved in the latter volumes.

TrueBlue

It's particularly noticeable during Ruby's conversation with Ozpin in Episode 1. I actually kinda hope they consider going back as Ruby gets progressively older in the series.

Actually, Lindsay feels like the only out of the main four who's "putting on" a voice, for lack of a better term. The other three sound more natural in terms of the voice they're using.

That's not a criticism and more of an observation though. Lindsay is generally good. Her monologue at the end of Volume 4 was really well done IMO.

Fixed it! lol

As someone who only got into RWBY this week, yeah Kara as Weiss sounded really rough to me during early volume 1 (though I would also place some blame on the voice direction), but she is vastly improved in the latter volumes.

Dedication to the cause, I love it!

That's true, I cannot argue each of them weren't putting everything they had into their performances and bad direction has lead to even worse deliveries from far more notable actors. It's just that her first scene caught me off guard, it's like an cynical imitation of a spoilt rich kid, rather than a representation of one.

It's particularly noticeable during Ruby's conversation with Ozpin in Episode 1. I actually kinda hope they consider going back as Ruby gets progressively older in the series.

Actually, Lindsay feels like the only out of the main four who's "putting on" a voice, for lack of a better term. The other three sound more natural in terms of the voice they're using.

That's not a criticism and more of an observation though. Lindsay is generally good. Her monologue at the end of Volume 4 was really well done IMO.

There's also the scene under the tree with Jaune where she opens up about her guilt shows there is a place for her to flex a bit of range rather than keep it entirely at an anime high, if they're staying true to the concept of Ruby ageing frequently throughout the series then it would be a very wise choice to make her give a more subdued performance. Perhaps that's something that was initially being conveyed to Lindsay as the show was being thought up, and she was told to dial it up for Ruby whilst she was younger.

TrueBlue

There's also the scene under the tree with Jaune where she opens up about her guilt shows there is a place for her to flex a bit of range rather than keep it entirely at an anime high, if they're staying true to the concept of Ruby ageing frequently throughout the series then it would be a very wise choice to make her give a more subdued performance. Perhaps that's something that was initially being conveyed to Lindsay as the show was being thought up, and she was told to dial it up for Ruby whilst she was younger.

Which scene is that? Is it in Volume 1? My memory is hazy.

And yeah, I agree. Of course, Ruby is actually younger than almost all the main characters due to being fast-tracked to Beacon, so the squeak makes a degree of sense. As she grows older it'd be nice to see her voice reflect that.

Always been a pet peeve in anime for me - like Naruto keeping the same voice from child all the way to Hokage.

Edit:

Kara's definitely improved, but she's still not quite the best of the main four. Weiss'
breakdown scene
in V4 was kind of a hilariously bad moment for her.

Honestly Barb and Lindsay are the best VAs in Team RWBY, although I definitely agree that it'd be nice if Lindsay eventually goes back to the lower pitched voice she used for Ruby in the earlier parts of Volume 1.

Which scene is that? Is it in Volume 1? My memory is hazy.

And yeah, I agree. Of course, Ruby is actually younger than almost all the main characters due to being fast-tracked to Beacon, so the squeak makes a degree of sense. As she grows older it'd be nice to see her voice reflect that.

Always been a pet peeve in anime for me - like Naruto keeping the same voice from child all the way to Hokage.

No I meant in Volume 4 when they were in Kuroyuri watching over Qrow, and Ruby apologises for dragging JNR in to this situation, it's still squeakier than early Volume 1, but far more toned down than her usual pitch.

Kara's definitely improved, but she's still not quite the best of the main four. Weiss'
breakdown scene
in V4 was kind of a hilariously bad moment for her.

Honestly Barb and Lindsay are the best VAs in Team RWBY, although I definitely agree that it'd be nice if Lindsay eventually goes back to the lower pitched voice she used for Ruby in the earlier parts of Volume 1.

I feel Barb's is consistently sound, but she could do with having more severe scenes to explore a bit more of intensity that I know she can deliver. From that Vol 5 trailer, she may be in a few tense situations, and if she takes her father's words to heart, we might see a less explosive, load Yang, and a more composed, quietly rueful one which I'm all for.

I feel Barb's is consistently sound, but she could do with having more severe scenes to explore a bit more of intensity that I know she can deliver. From that Vol 5 trailer, she may be in a few tense situations, and if she takes her father's words to heart, we might see a less explosive, load Yang, and a more composed, quietly rueful one which I'm all for.

I mean, Barb's done a consistently great job with the dramatic scenes that have been provided to Yang over the past several volumes, such as her talk with Blake in V2, all of the big Yang scenes in V3 and a couple of brief subdued moments in V4. That last talk between Yang and Ruby at the end of V3 is still probably the best acted scene in the show so far.

It's more a lack of Yang being in a position to have those sorts of scenes more frequently when compared to Ruby, Weiss and Blake than anything else. But yeah, from what I saw at the Volume 5 premiere last night, I'm hopeful that we'll get more of a composed Yang in the episodes to come.

I mean, Barb's done a consistently great job with the dramatic scenes that have been provided to Yang over the past several volumes, such as her talk with Blake in V2, all of the big Yang scenes in V3 and a couple of brief subdued moments in V4. That last talk between Yang and Ruby at the end of V3 is still probably the best acted scene in the show so far.

It's more a lack of Yang being in a position to have those sorts of scenes more frequently when compared to Ruby, Weiss and Blake than anything else. But yeah, from what I saw at the Volume 5 premiere last night, I'm hopeful that we'll get more of a composed Yang in the episodes to come.

Oh shit of course yeah, you saw it! Just one question on that: Did they show the new opening? If so, how'd it rank against the others. I'm just hoping it's a step up from 4.

Top Bottom